What will Obama do if California and Colorado legalize weed?

Umm you do realize that it is possible marijuana doesn't hurt anyone and saves us money? :angry:

That it doesn't hurt anyone is debatable and probably false, although I agree that it would save money (because efforts to stop it have been fruitless) and allow for it to be regulated.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That it doesn't hurt anyone is debatable and probably false, although I agree that it would save money (because efforts to stop it have been fruitless) and allow for it to be regulated.

I'm sure anything in excess isn't good for you...but I'm going to have to bring to the table the age-old question, give me one example where it has directly injured or hurt someone.

Umm you do realize that it is possible marijuana doesn't hurt anyone and saves us money? :angry:

You can see how they demonize it. Like the hit and run recently in the Chicago area... They actually rallied around the fact that the driver smoked weed a day or so BEFORE the incident.

What the eff does this have to do with anything:

"Hughes allegedly admitted to police that she smoked pot the day before she allegedly hit and severely injured Sarah Goone."

Hit and Run

Boy the law enforcement establishment love to rally around crap like this!

Reefer Madness??

:P

I'm sure anything in excess isn't good for you...but I'm going to have to bring to the table the age-old question, give me one example where it has directly injured or hurt someone.

Car accidents, probably. That and maybe parental neglect. But that's not any different than alcohol.

It certainly doesn't hurt anybody more than alcohol, which is legal.

It certainly doesn't hurt anybody more than alcohol, which is legal.

I view the reason weed is illegal as the same reason sports gambling is illegal. The gov't cannot properly tax it because the gov't cannot control it. You can go to a bookie or a drug dealer to get them. With alcohol and tobacco, you go to a store.

I view the reason weed is illegal as the same reason sports gambling is illegal. The gov't cannot properly tax it because the gov't cannot control it. You can go to a bookie or a drug dealer to get them. With alcohol and tobacco, you go to a store.

:thumbsup::w00t:

The government does a fine job making money off sports gambling in Vegas. And a better job making money off tobacco and OH taxes.

The government would certainly make money off pot. Tons of money. Because sure, you can grow it yourself, but I've gotta think a pot industry would come up with better product.

Tax revenue isn't the issue. The only real issue is motherment. No politician nationally wants to be the pro-pot guy.

Wow, you didn't think this over did you?

First off, if we ever got to the point of legalizing marijuana we would use the Amsterdam model which includes extremely strict minimum sentences for selling it without a license, even worse than we have now for drug dealers that get caught. Everyone would be allowed to have a certain number of plants in their own residence (I believe they are allowed 3-5 or something close in Amsterdam).

Why don't you think there is an underground market for tobacco and alcohol? Because money would not be saved and the quality would be extremely under-par. The government would be able to tax the living hell out of it and make a ton of money off legalizing marijuana. The government makes somewhere around 30% of the overall price of the cigarettes in taxes, and I'm sure marijuana would be very similar.

Bottom line, there are many states talking about legalizing and taxing marijuana (California being the "example" state) because it will create more money for the state and in turn the federal government. It will also create jobs because the pot will have to be grown somehow. Then subtract the money saved from jail expenses on people with low level drug offenses, and money spent on enforcement (helicopters are a widely used anti-marijuana weapon), I can't see marijuana not being legal and taxed within about 5 years. The states need the money and this is a very easy and quick method to creating a significant amount of revenue.

Let me be clear.

Should this happen, I will appoint former President Clinton as my Pot Czar. Together we will travel to both states for a thorough and comprehensive review of the situation.

You have got to be !@#$ing kidding me. I looked up bogart in the dictionary and there was a picture of Bill. Not a good burner to be hanging with.

You have got to be !@#$ing kidding me. I looked up bogart in the dictionary and there was a picture of Bill. Not a good burner to be hanging with.

Are you a quarterback? Pass the !@#$ing football!

Note: This could get ugly with the nuclear passcodes.

Are you a quarterback? Pass the !@#$ing football!

Note: This could get ugly with the nuclear passcodes.

Could get uglier if they start rolling stogies. Actually those are two dudes I'd probably love to party with.

Could get uglier if they start rolling stogies. Actually those are two dudes I'd probably love to party with.

Might take a while to get that stick out of Barak's ass.