Help me to understand

So all Bills the Bills Forums love Scuba Steve. And you know, I'm cool with that I really am. But at the same time, for some reason A lot of Bills fans are down on Hardy. That I don't get.

Hardy's Career Numbers: He's appeared in 16 career games and started 3. He has 10 career receptions for 96 yards and 2 Touchdowns.

Link: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HardJa00.htm

Steve Johnson's Career Numbers: He's appeared in 16 games and started 1. he has 12 career receptions for 112 yards and 1 Touchdown.

Link:http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JohnSt00.htm

So basically identical career numbers, yet the guy who hurt his knee and didn't really play last year is written off. While the 7th rounder with 1 less TD and 16 more receiving yards is a fan favorite. I don't understand the thought process's off my fellow fan's. Anyone else wanna explain it to me?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both are young cheap and there wasn't really much of an alternative. We had bigger fish to fry in the draft (Although we did draft Easley) and why waste money in free agency on guys like TO and Coles when we aren't going to be that competitive and they would take away snaps from the younger players.

Hardy is big and runs fast for his height Johnson has good hands and cool hair.

Hardy is a 2nd round pick who didn't immediately turn into a Pro Bowl WR. He hurts his knee so he's injury prone too. I can't believe that you don't get it. I mean, helllloooo McFly. :rolleyes:

Hardy drops balls and just doesnt look like he knows what he is doing out there. I have seen enough of hardy to know he isnt any good.

Still I think that with a 2nd round pick invested in him the Bills want to make absolutely sure that he sucks before letting him go. He sucked as a rookie and got hurt his second season. If he can't show that he is at least worth a damm as a number 3 or 4 WR then his ass should get cut.

Hardy drops balls and just doesnt look like he knows what he is doing out there. I have seen enough of hardy to know he isnt any good.

After maybe,maybe 200 snaps, you know the guy's a bust? How quickly did you write off Eric Moulds?

fans love the underdog - stevie was a 7th round pick.

hardy is considered a "thug" by some ( after incidents like this with his dad) and has yet to live up to the high expectations that come with a 2nd rd pick.

lots of 7th rd picks don't make the team that drafts them. johnson has had quality preseasons and the little impact he has had on the field during the regular season exceeds whatever expectations fans had when he was drafted.

People like an underdog and Buffalonians are true underdogs. so we don't root for a second round draft pick as much as we'd root for a 7th rd pick. Also Hardy came across as a punk when he pulled a gun on his father. That smelled a lot like that other punk Lynch whose BS we are fed up with. In truth Hardy is very articulate and I hope he has a hell of a season. He probably should have popped a cap in his dad's ass.

fans love the underdog - stevie was a late round pick (7th, i think).

hardy is considered a "thug" by some ( after the incident with his dad) and has yet to live up to the high expectations that come with a 2nd rd pick.

lots of 7th rd picks don't make the team that drafts them. johnson has had quality preseasons and the little impact he has had on the field during the regular season exceeds whatever expectations fans had when he was drafted.

Whos glad we didn't draft Limas Sweed then? :rolleyes:

People like an underdog and Buffalonians are true underdogs. so we don't root for a second round draft pick as much as we'd root for a 7th rd pick. Also Hardy came across as a punk when he pulled a gun on his father. That smelled a lot like that other punk Lynch whose BS we are fed up with. In truth Hardy is very articulate and I hope he has a hell of a season. He probably should have popped a cap in his dad's ass.

wasn't steve johnson in the car with lynch when he ran that woman down in buffalo?

^^

This.

Gangly, loping stride. Doesn't even seem to understand how to use his big body to shield a DB from the ball, let alone do it. He might as well be 5' 8" for the lack of help his height provides. No precision in his routes. He doesn't look like he's knows what he's doing out there. Shame on the previous regime.

Johnson? Just the opposite.

Funny...I don't think anyone else has seen enough of him.

Seriously, he's been injured and in & out of the lineup so much that we can't possibly have a book on him yet. I hate when people write off someone before they've even had a chance to show us something. Yes, it's disappointing that Hardy hasn't been on the field enough, but it doesn't mean we should get rid of him or even say that he sucks.

Give him a chance (like almost everything else) with this regime and see what happens. If he bombs this year, then we can say we're done with him.

So all Bills the Bills Forums love Scuba Steve. And you know, I'm cool with that I really am. But at the same time, for some reason A lot of Bills fans are down on Hardy. That I don't get.

Hardy's Career Numbers: He's appeared in 16 career games and started 3. He has 10 career receptions for 96 yards and 2 Touchdowns.

Link: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HardJa00.htm

Steve Johnson's Career Numbers: He's appeared in 16 games and started 1. he has 12 career receptions for 112 yards and 1 Touchdown.

Link:http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JohnSt00.htm

So basically identical career numbers, yet the guy who hurt his knee and didn't really play last year is written off. While the 7th rounder with 1 less TD and 16 more receiving yards is a fan favorite. I don't understand the thought process's off my fellow fan's. Anyone else wanna explain it to me?

From what I can tell from comments on this board --- Johnson smiles a lot and had cool dreds. Otherwise there is nothing that has happened on the football field to justify it.

From what I can tell from comments on this board --- Johnson smiles a lot and had cool dreds. Otherwise there is nothing that has happened on the football field to justify it.

Nither has shown or really been given much of an opp to show what they can do... I think Johnson has shown more in TC because Hardy was hurt. I don't mind having the two try and beat each other out for the pos.