[SUW] Favorite Holiday song?

Just Jack

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

White Christmas, I'll Be Home For Christmas, The Christmas Song (chestnuts roasting on an open fire), Silent Night...... I love all the classics. It drives my kids nuts because on channel 4 on Sirius they're playing all Christmas music now and it's all I listen to this time of year. <_<

drifters white christmas

original I'll be h ome for christmas

happy christmas--lennon

santa claus is coming to town--bruce

140714[/snapback]

I'll bet every veteran on this board has "I'll be home for xmas" either as #1 or 2.. <_<

my order..

1. I'll be Home

2. Chestnuts roasting

3. Happy Christmas

:D:D:D

White Christmas, I'll Be Home For Christmas, The Christmas Song (chestnuts roasting on an open fire), Silent Night...... I love all the classics. It drives my kids nuts because on channel 4 on Sirius they're playing all Christmas music now and it's all I listen to this time of year.  <_<

140717[/snapback]

I've been listening to Channel 4 also, that's what made me think about posting this thread.

I love just about ALL Christmas music, from "Do You Hear What I Hear" to "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer," so it is much easier to list the song(s) I DON'T like.

The Christmas Shoes. That is one that makes me lose my lunch.

Guest Southern Man-ger

Well, as long as this thread is already in motion, I need to mention something.

I had to make a copy of the Rat Pack Christmas Album for my wife, and I slipped the CD into the car stereo to make sure the newly burned CD copy was playable.

While listening to Dean Martin's version of "Rudolph" I noticed something odd.

If anyone has the version of him singing Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer, please check out the final verse that goes, "Then all the reindeer loved him, as they shouted out with glee...."

Martin, who sounds like he'd had a few cocktails during the recording sessions, refers a few times to Rudolph as "Rudy" and then in the final verse after the words "shouted out with glee", sings, "Rudy the RED DICK (or red dicked) reindeer...you'll go down in history".

If you have this access to this recording, check it out. Are my ears deceiving me? Please confirm that you're hearing the same thing or is there a better explanation for the lyric he's singing?

"Christmas at Ground Zero" and "The Night Santa Went Crazy," both by Weird Al. <_<

Well, the workshop is gone now, he decided to bomb it

Everywhere you'll find pieces of Cupid and Comet

And he tied up his helpers and he held the elves hostage

And he ground up poor Rudolph into reindeer sausage

He got Dancer and Prancer with an old German Luger

And he slashed up Dasher just like Freddy Krueger

And he picked up a flamethrower and he barbequed Blitzen

And he took a big bite and said, "It tastes just like chicken!"

Everywhere the atom bombs are dropping

It's the end of all humanity

No more time for last-minute shopping

It's time to face your final destiny

It's Christmas at ground zero

There's panic in the crowd

We can dodge debris while we trim the tree

Underneath the mushroom cloud

CW

Well, as long as this thread is already in motion, I need to mention something.

I had to make a copy of the Rat Pack Christmas Album for my wife, and I slipped the CD into the car stereo to make sure the newly burned CD copy was playable.

While listening to Dean Martin's version of "Rudolph" I noticed something odd.

If anyone has the version of him singing Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer, please check out the final verse that goes, "Then all the reindeer loved him, as they shouted out with glee...."

Martin, who sounds like he'd had a few cocktails during the recording sessions, refers a few times to Rudolph as "Rudy" and then in the final verse after the words "shouted out with glee", sings, "Rudy the RED DICK (or red dicked) reindeer...you'll go down in history".

If you have this access to this recording, check it out. Are my ears deceiving me? Please confirm that you're hearing the same thing or is there a better explanation for the lyric he's singing?

140844[/snapback]

I downloaded the song...

The slurring is just his "style"..and he does say Rudy a couple times..just to "jazz' it up.

Had to laugh when he tries to talk like Santa,, doing a german accent.. :D Where did that come from?? :D:lol:

Now to the Rudy the Red Dick question...Played it a couple times..hard to hear clearly..but it sure sounds like that's what he says..LMAO!!! <_<:D