a little inside info

You are so full of crap sometimes it's not even funny. His attitude sucks? He doesn't give a sh--? Sorry but he's been supportive all year, and kept his mouth shut on the bench. MM has reported numerous times how he has participated in practice as if he was going to start. Of course you are not going to see "third quarter" Travis when he steps onto the field for one play here, one play there. He has lost his position to the better back, and he has taken that like a man. And if/when he begins to complain about it after the season, he will have every right to.

140809[/snapback]

He has every right to? HTF is that? He IS NOT the best RB on the roster. I don't give a sh-- what he did before, he isn't the best man for the job.

he can STFU and be shipped off to whine on someone elses team.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As already noted: Joe Burns never played in NFL Europe. The guy who did - Ken Simonton (who won the Offensive MVP over there, IIRC) - is currently out of the league.

And if y'all would be happy with Joe Burns as your starter if anything happened to Willis, I want some of what you're smoking. Personally, I'm still shocked he survived the final cutdown in training camp.

140843[/snapback]

Ok has everyone forgotten Travis lost his job because he isn't as good as WM? He can't catch, CAN NOT pick up the blitz? Bottom line, he isn't the man for the job. When he comes in he does the same old sh--. Trips over no one there, Can't pick up the blitz and honestly plays like he doesn't give a sh--. I would rather have a 'lesser talent' back there that plays with some heart than this clown.

He has every right to? HTF is that? He IS NOT the best RB on the roster. I don't give a sh-- what he did before, he isn't the best man for the job.

he can STFU and be shipped off to whine on someone elses team.

141131[/snapback]

Exactly, BUT that (whining) is NOT something he is doing NOW. Get it? Read my post again if needed.

Travis henry is like that dog that you always loved. You've had him since you were young, he was your companion, and he was fairly well behaved. He didn't bring much to the table, but he was loyal and you loved him.

Then, out of nowhere, a puppy gets dropped at your door. It takes him a while to gain his spot in the heirarchy, but after he does, he starts bringing you beers with his teeth, fethching the remote, he's cute enough where when you walk him, he is a conversation starter with girls, and he even cleans up his own sh--.

The whole time, your old dog sits in the Laz-E-Boy, getting older and jealous of this new pup. He gets sicks (oh, say breaks his leg), and you know what's its time to do.

Take him out back, thank him for all his years of loyalty, and put a slug in the base of his neck, and move on with your new wonderdog.

Or trade him to the Raiders... either one.

Since you are throwing the old dog a bone, send him to the Browns at least they have a dog pound

And T-bone. :lol::o spoiler

The secretary next to me went to see National Treasure with her husband and they BOTH LOVED IT. Mostly for the entertainment value not that "OH, it cound never have happened"

Since you are throwing the old dog a bone, send him to the Browns at least they have a dog pound

And T-bone.  :lol::o spoiler

The secretary next to me went to see National Treasure with her husband and they BOTH LOVED IT.  Mostly for the entertainment value not that "OH, it cound never have happened"

141295[/snapback]

The problem with simple minded people is that they can't separate fantasy and reality. They do make gool lab monkeys though. :lol:

As far as I am aware, Buffalo signed Joe Burns as an undrafted rookie FA out of college, and he's never played in NFL Europe. As far as I can tell, he is a Travis Henry clone with less speed and less talent. He's tough, and if the line is playing well he can get you a consistent 3-4 yards and not much more. He's proven to be a good special teamer too. Guys like him are adime a dozen in the NFL. Shaud Williams probably has a little more upside

That's about the way I see it too, Tiger.

#89, was that from the Booster Club meeting? I got stuck on 4-12s this week, so I couldn't make it. The newsletter said Brian Moorman might be there?

As already noted: Joe Burns never played in NFL Europe. The guy who did - Ken Simonton (who won the Offensive MVP over there, IIRC) - is currently out of the league.

And if y'all would be happy with Joe Burns as your starter if anything happened to Willis, I want some of what you're smoking. Personally, I'm still shocked he survived the final cutdown in training camp.

140843[/snapback]

Correction on Simonton's status, he's currently on the 49ers Practice Squad.

I was surprised that Burns made the final cut as well. Though in reading his bio at BB.com I saw he was second on the team last year in special teams tackles with 34 and am sure that caught Bobby April's eye and why he's probably still here. As Burns is not a guy I want getting 20 carries a game. He showed when Henry got hurt last year he couldn't be depended on.

Thanks for that, Jokeman. The couple of sites I tried didn't list anything for him after Buffalo released him.

Who knows - considering how bad that team looks, maybe he'll get a game or two on the active roster before the end of the year.

This talk about Henry's worthlessness ("When he went out all I worried about was losing a 4th round draft choice from next year") is just another example of the manichean (look it up) way some Bills fans treat any player on the team. Either they are godlike and can walk on water, or they are total merde. There is no in-between. There is no concept of better or worse, it is all or nothing. Because McGahee is better than Henry and has forced Henry to the bench, then Henry is a piece of crap player and no better than Joe Burns, and probably worse. Good riddance to Henry! Every time he carries the ball he falls down!

This is ludicrous, but actually kind of amusing, if you can step back from it. Sort of like your six-year-old's opinion of the relative worth of Skeletor vs. She-Woman.

This talk about Henry's worthlessness ("When he went out all I worried about was losing a 4th round draft choice from next year")  is just another example of the manichean (look it up) way some Bills fans treat any player on the team.  Either they are godlike and can walk on water, or they are total merde.  There is no in-between.  There is no concept of better or worse, it is all or nothing.  Because McGahee is better than Henry and has forced Henry to the bench, then Henry is a piece of crap player and no better than Joe Burns, and probably worse.  Good riddance to Henry!  Every time he carries the ball he falls down!

This is ludicrous, but actually kind of amusing, if you can step back from it.  Sort of like your six-year-old's opinion of the relative worth of Skeletor vs. She-Woman.

141370[/snapback]

:lol: Good post.

This talk about Henry's worthlessness ("When he went out all I worried about was losing a 4th round draft choice from next year")  is just another example of the manichean (look it up) way some Bills fans treat any player on the team.  Either they are godlike and can walk on water, or they are total merde.  There is no in-between.  There is no concept of better or worse, it is all or nothing.  Because McGahee is better than Henry and has forced Henry to the bench, then Henry is a piece of crap player and no better than Joe Burns, and probably worse.  Good riddance to Henry!  Every time he carries the ball he falls down!

This is ludicrous, but actually kind of amusing, if you can step back from it.  Sort of like your six-year-old's opinion of the relative worth of Skeletor vs. She-Woman.

141370[/snapback]

Absolutely. That's me! When it comes to overpaid athletes, I ask "What have you done for me lately, and what can you do for me NOW?"... Henry = a few 60 yard games. McGahee, 5 of 6 100+ games.

So, take your manichean and shove it up your ass.

I do not root for players. I root for laundry. Understand that.

141370[/snapback]

I couldn't have said it better myself.

141370[/snapback]

Actually some of us have felt he was an over rated piece of crap from the begining. bottom line you play the best players.

Absolutely.  That's me! When it comes to overpaid athletes, I ask "What have you done for me lately, and what can you do for me NOW?"... Henry = a few 60 yard games. McGahee, 5 of 6 100+ games.

So, take your manichean and shove it up your ass.

I do not root for players. I root for laundry. Understand that.

141377[/snapback]

Now Steve haven't you learned around here the M.O. is to like certain players and put them above the team? it doesn't matter if they are not the best players or not. :lol:

Now Steve haven't you learned around here the M.O. is to like certain players and put them above the team?  it doesn't matter if they are not the best players or not. :lol:

141498[/snapback]

The irony of that statement ought not be lost on anyone whose been around this board for more than a week.

The irony of that statement ought not be lost on anyone whose been around this board for more than a week.

141502[/snapback]

Who do I put above the team? I just want the ones that hurt the team replaced.

I just don't understand why anybody wants to trade Henry for a 4th rd pick. It makes no sense to me or the Bills. He doesn't get overpaid does he? No, what could a 4th rd pick give us in return? Certainly not a backup rb that you could count on for 1300 yds and 8 tds. It would be more of a waste to trade him for a 3rd or 4th rd pick than anything. Apparently I am all alone on this one, so I must not know something. Look at teams that have had their starting rb go down....They aren't fairing to well are they? Maybe some teams pulled off wins without a starting RB but those teams have quarterbacks like McNabb, Culpepper and even Jake the Snake is far more capable than winning without a Rb than DB or JP. I've said it before and I'll say it again that Travis is under contract and unless we get a player that can start or at least contribute a lot than he will be in Buffalo all over again. My biggest wish is an offensive lineman or TE for TH. I like the prospects of getting Dallas Clark for Henry, since the colts have Pollard and won't have enough money to resign the Edge.

I just don't understand why anybody wants to trade Henry for a 4th rd pick.  It makes no sense to me or the Bills.  He doesn't get overpaid does he?  No, what could a 4th rd pick give us in return?  Certainly not a backup rb that you could count on for 1300 yds and 8 tds.  It would be more of a waste to trade him for a 3rd or 4th rd pick than anything.  Apparently I am all alone on this one, so I must not know something.  Look at teams that have had their starting rb go down....They aren't fairing to well are they?  Maybe some teams pulled off wins without a starting RB but those teams have quarterbacks like McNabb, Culpepper and even Jake the Snake is far more capable than winning without a Rb than DB or JP.  I've said it before and I'll say it again that Travis is under contract and unless we get a player that can start or at least contribute a lot than he will be in Buffalo all over again.  My biggest wish is an offensive lineman or TE for TH.  I like the prospects of getting Dallas Clark for Henry, since the colts have Pollard and won't have enough money to resign the Edge.

141556[/snapback]

Shush D.O.D. , you make too much sense...