Clayton ranks the worst 5 offseasons

Cryptkeeper thinks that johnathan scott was our starting left guard and that Andra Davis, a career middle linebacker, was brought in to play outside LB. How do people like this have jobs

This is no different than the weathermen. With all the technology available to conduct research...how you can be wrong more than 50% of the time and still keep your job is beyond me.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like your post except I think Spiller as a "luxury post" is out of line. He redefines this offense....Put the ball in his hands from Captain Checkdown from last year we would be better..... Now this year with a committed O coordinator, with some experience, who will commit to the run..... Now, thats a whole different monster...Whoever the QB is, who evr wins the job...It will be better than last year... And truthfully, How could it be worse?...

The article is a regurgitation of conventional wisdom. He gets paid to do this... I've read much better analysis on TBD (then again, I've also read alot worse). Shame too, because I actually like Clayton, he usually has better insights than this drivel...

Well it's the off-season and there is not much to write about, but for some reason Clayton appears to not have the time or inclination to conduct much research.

I agree and this is like all the cable shows on tv with so much air time to fill up..reaching for anything to fill space and coming up with little or nothing but a regurgitation of conventional wisdom.

Last year they had one of the worst pass rushes in the league -- they didn't improve this year in terms of talent, but the hope is that the change in scheme will bump up the pressure (and it can't do any worse than last year to be fair).

I don't see how they were bad at rushing the passer when they were in the middle in terms of sacks. the bills had 32 sacks and jax had 14. I know there is more than just sacks to rate the pass rush, but if a team is in the middle in terms of sacks, I don't think they have "the worst pass rush in the league."

The Stadium Wall:

1- where the Kool-Aid punch bowl has people waiting in line

2- where all the messengers are shot for speaking the truth as they see it regardless of their knowledge or affiliation

3- where division opponents are slammed because they have no idea what they are doing

Every reporter who ever criticizes the Bills gets ripped on this board.

Do you think everyone is out to criticize the Bills unfairly? Could it be that the Bills deserve the criticism or that it might be accurate?

Every year the posts here predict the Bills will be better than the previous year. Yawn.

Ever wonder why in spite of the Kool-Aid predictions why the Bills have missed the playoffs for ten straight years? Is it just because writers are unfairly picking on the Bills?

Yeah, that must be it.

(forget the incompetent owner and management)

We have a lot of unknowns. I think he's spot on on all except as to how we will perform. That remains to be seen. Not sure even the coaches know. We probably won't have an idea until well into training camp.

C

I would agree, and add that the Bills weren't necessarily picking up players that would plug every hole,

but trying to stop the bleeding on defense and see what the O could do given a new O.C., playbook and a

year to mature.

IMHO.

I expect the D to be improved, and the Bills to run the ball a lot with the lack of talent at QB and receiver.

Best part of this articles is he said the patriots had a top 5 offseason. What exactly did they do?

Nothing--they don't have to, they're the Patriettes*, and have been getting a pass from NFL beat reporters for years. Personally, I think this is the year those wheels fall off.....

And back when writers had the clout to suppress the truth :thumbsup: and were afforded more access by doing so. Little easier to paint a rosy picture when you don't have real competition for the content you are providing.

This just in: we're talking entertainment, not politics. The race to the bottom to report the most 'truth' in the shortest possible news cycle is a dead end, IMO...

I am glad that the expectations are low for this team. Let's see if the young guys we brought in can respond.

That's the thing about this year's team. They are the ultimate underdog. The coach that no one wanted, fired in the preseason by his last team. Everyone in the media has declared the AFCE a 3 team race. I hope that this team can put an "us against the world" chip on its shoulder and shove it in everyone's face! WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

The Stadium Wall:

2- where all the messengers are shot for speaking the truth as they see it regardless of their knowledge or affiliation

3- where division opponents are slammed because they have no idea what they are doing

Do you think everyone is out to criticize the Bills unfairly? Could it be that the Bills deserve the criticism or that it might be accurate?

Every year the posts here predict the Bills will be better than the previous year. Yawn.

Ever wonder why in spite of the Kool-Aid predictions why the Bills have missed the playoffs for ten straight years? Is it just because writers are unfairly picking on the Bills?

Yeah, that must be it.

Thank God for Billsguy for helping us poor delusional sheep see clearly. Nothing's changed at all at OBD! We'll always suck and the truthsayers that are Clayton, King and Sullivan are to be to be paid homage for their wisdom. So grab a cup at the punchbowl and hoist a toast to Billsguy and ponder the question why he isn't "Jetsguy" or "Patsguy" if our team is as pathetic as he believes.

Thank God for Billsguy for helping us poor delusional sheep see clearly. Nothing's changed at all at OBD! We'll always suck and the truthsayers that are Clayton, King and Sullivan are to be to be paid homage for their wisdom. So grab a cup at the punchbowl and hoist a toast to Billsguy and ponder the question why he isn't "Jetsguy" or "Patsguy" if our team is as pathetic as he believes.

So what you are saying is that unless you think the Bills are amazing, you are really a Jets or Patriots fan? Worst post I've ever read.

He's a disgrace to all BillsGuys everywhere!

The Stadium Wall:

Yeah, that must be it.

+1000 :worthy:

The article is a regurgitation of conventional wisdom. He gets paid to do this... I've read much better analysis on TBD (then again, I've also read alot worse). Shame too, because I actually like Clayton, he usually has better insights than this drivel...

I love this! Every "analyst" out there regurgitates the same crap that the guy said the day before. Somebody caught the "Davis is set to play OLB" comment clayton made which is news to I'm pretty sure everybody on this board. The guy didn't even do any research for that article.

Somebody after the draft mentioned that Arthur Moats may be the steal of the draft, and then all I could find for three days were articles by guys raving about the Moats pick...just hilarious.

His second sentance sums it up for the Bills approach to Free agency...

'Bad teams can't get that much better because the list of quality free agents was short.'

There ya go. Nix wasn't going to be Donahoe, Levy or Brandon and just sign guys to appease fans. The right guys weren't there so we signed who all might help this team with this system that was available.

Except McNabb?