QB Rankings by team

As it stands right now, its dead on.

But games are rarely played on paper (sans the end-of-the-year D&D Superbowl). I remember reading one of these articles several years ago that had Aaron Rodgers listed dead last out of all of the "starting" QBs before the season kicked off.

I completely agreed with that prediction at the time as well.

I can't disagree at this point. We better hope Brohm or Brown show something.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-qbrankings051810

Are you going to go crazy if Edwards wins the starting job? You are working yourself into a frenzy already and training camp hasn't even started. Get your extra order of meds because I see you going ballistic when the starting qb is announced by the HC with a twang voice.

Right now I think it will be Trent, he did show some promise before getting pummeled over the last couple of years. If he can get his confidence back behind a strong running and short passing game we will move up these rankings.

Are you going to go crazy if Edwards wins the starting job? You are working yourself into a frenzy already and training camp hasn't even started. Get your extra order of meds because I see you going ballistic when the starting qb is announced by the HC with a twang voice.

Edwards IMO will be the starter and yes there will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Brohm is the only alternative and he has much to prove...much more than Edwards. It is unlikely that he unseats Edwards.

I don't like it, matter of fact I hate it, but them's the facts.

It's a preseason ranking, son. It's entirely based on past performance.

Yup, we're saying the same thing :thumbsup:

I just laugh off all of these preseason rankings - no one knows how any of our QBs are going to perform with our new schemes, Oline, spiller, discipline from Gailey, injuries, Buffalo wind - there are only a million variables...

Yup, we're saying the same thing :thumbsup:

I just laugh off all of these preseason rankings - no one knows how any of our QBs are going to perform with our new schemes, Oline, spiller, discipline from Gailey, injuries, Buffalo wind - there are only a million variables...

You can make an educated guess, though... here's mine: they will suck.

You can make an educated guess, though... here's mine: they will suck.

I am reminded of the old joke of the two kids, one a pessimist, one an optimist. In a barn full of toys the pessimist is always complaining about all the stupid toys. In a barn full of horse manure, the optimist is busily digging looking for the pony. Let's face it, we don't have Peyton Manning. But I think the talent we have, especially with Gailey as coach, we will find our pony. :thumbsup:

Edwards IMO will be the starter and yes there will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Brohm is the only alternative and he has much to prove...much more than Edwards. It is unlikely that he unseats Edwards.

I don't like it, matter of fact I hate it, but them's the facts.

Odds are that none of the qbs on the roster will be our long term franchise qb. Who knows maybe Levi Brown will turn out to be our best qb in the long run? If there is dissatisfaction with the caliber of qb on the roster that doesn't mean that the team can't improve in other areas so that when that franchise qb is found the team will be in a better position to move forward.

As you indicated you go with what you got and hope for the best. There have been qbs who have struggled for a very long time (Kurt Warner) and eventually developed into a qb no one every expected. One of the best qbs in the league, Green Bay's Rogers, was a backup for three or four years before given an opportunity to play. When given the chance to play he clearly demonstrated that he is now one of the premier qbs in the league.

The coaches are not going to select a starting qb because they are sentimentally attached to anyone in particular. They are going to choose the qb who they believe will give the team the best chance to succeed. Many posters on this board are very afraid of a particular outcome. That's their problem. If they are uncomfortable with the selection they can go off and pout.

I contend that Gailey will select a qb very early in the training camp process. In my view it will be Trent Edwards. If he shows that he can't handle his position then Gailey won't be hesitant to go with the next qb waiting in the wings.

Our QBs are terrible. No doubt but this list is assuming a lot. This league is filled with terrible QBs. As bad as our QBs were (and they were bad), they were still better than Oakland, Tampa Bay, Jets (Sanchez was brutal), Lions ( Stafford struggled big time), Rams, and Browns. Delhomme was terrible last year. And what have Cassell and Leinart ever done?

Ours are bad no doubt but he's assuming youngs guys will naturally become better. After Losman and Edwards, that's a dumb assumption. The QB talent in the league is pretty poor.

I haven't agreed with Jason Cole on much, ever since he covered the Dolphins for the Sun-Sentinel way back when.

Annnnnd..........I still don't.

I'm shocked he has Henne so far back in the pack.

I haven't agreed with Jason Cole on much, ever since he covered the Dolphins for the Sun-Sentinel way back when.

Annnnnd..........I still don't.

I'm shocked he has Henne so far back in the pack.

Our QBs actually threw more tds than Miami's QBs and were basically the same in QB rating.

Our QBs actually threw more tds than Miami's QBs and were basically the same in QB rating.

The best thing about the attitude this article takes is that it does not have the Bills on the track to declare some player the next savior (be it JP, RJ, TC, or whomever) but lands the goal squarely on the back of the HC who simply needs to make it work without regard to who it is.

The big mistake I think the Bills have made the last 10 tears or so has been to simply designate some QB sap the savior without him proving it on the field (even worse, when the a player had failed to perform according to the script as in RJ proving injury prone after they handed him a huge contract and Flutie just winning as at least AJ Smith thought he would they have stuck to their script over reality).

Fitzy, Edwards, or Brohm, I could not care less who does the job as long as one of them does it and if not simply move on.

Overall, I think Edwards has demonstrated talent at times but seems injury prone to me, Fitzy is gung ho but has limited proven ability, and Brohm has not proven a darn thing yet.

I doubt any of them are the answer but hope each of them actually proves to be the one, but if not I am happy to wish them well and move on.

I do not see why anyone wastes the time to hate on any of them or feel that making a fairly cowardly prediction that any of them will definitely fold is the right thing to do.

Your killin me Darth. You were by far the loudest voice in favor of drafting a QB but you don't think we have the worst QB situation in the league? Based on performance this is almost indisputable. We can make all of the excuses that we want but when there were opportunities our QBs, with varying degrees of failure, could not capitalize.

Let's both start the campaign now.

JAKE LOCKER IN 2011 !!!!

I am reminded of the old joke of the two kids, one a pessimist, one an optimist. In a barn full of toys the pessimist is always complaining about all the stupid toys. In a barn full of horse manure, the optimist is busily digging looking for the pony. Let's face it, we don't have Peyton Manning. But I think the talent we have, especially with Gailey as coach, we will find our pony. :thumbsup:

Unfortunately in the barn known as the Buffalo Bills we keep digging through the **** and coming up with more ****.