OK all BS aside, what about this team?

ICE

Damn impressive wins bottom line. Bobby April is hands down the Bills MVP. I hope TD and RW find a way to reward him.

Jim McNally. I said we had talent, JMac just had to work with them. Guess what....we do have talent. I honestly try to keep Jennings. I don't see how we can pry a Jones from Seattle or a Pace from St.Louis. Tucker seems to have LG nailed down for now. Hell Even Williams is improving (Gasp!) I would still like to see MW at 320-325 tops.

TE. I still think we need a difference maker there. I know we have tons of 'good' TE's but I want a playmaker/Difference maker at TE. To me that is the #1 offensive upgrade this offseason.

RB. Henry will be traded. He won't want to stay here and will cause issues. I know some say 'No GM worth anything will trade for him' Really? Chicago just signed Jeff George at QB. For all of TH's BS some GM's see nothing but a 2x 1300 yard rusher. YES someone will give us a 3rd or so for him. Joe Burns will be fine as a backup and we still have shawd Williams. Backups like Antoine Smith will always be out there to be had if need be. Hell Bam Morris is making a comeback. No joke he really is.

WR. Leave it as is with one exception...Re do Moulds contract. No way he takes up 8 mill in Cap room. does he want out? Who honestly knows. We all had fun guessing but only he knows.

On the defensive side of the ball. Pat williams, luv ya man but see ya! time for Edwards to start and our younger guys to step up.

LB. Seems Posey has found out he actually plays in the NFL. I'd still like better depth via the draft.

CB. Cut Vincent. I am serious. this guy has done nothing and to me won't do anything to help the Bills. It seems we have found a free safety so he isn't needed there either.

Safety, Baker seems to be the real deal. If he keeps progressing I think we have found our guy. Milloy...well is probowler Milloy. our D has greatly benifited from his return.

ST's

Morman is a pure stud. Lindell still needs to be replaced. We need a consistant and accurate kicker. I know strong leg is good, but if we can find a guy that can consistantly strike it home from 55yards or less then I think we are fine.

Coaching. I am glad MM found his sac. took him awhile but it seems he found it :doh: Honestly last week was the best damn coaching calls I have seen in about....6 years. Honestly. Damn good calling across the board. Gray has learned to time his blitzes better.

It is honestly too bad this team went breasts up in the first 4 weeks of the season. We would be right there folks. As is I just don't see us making it this year. We are a team on the rise. One that will be feared next year based on our offseason moves. To me this is the offseason LESS is MORE in offseason moves. This team is gaining chemistry together as it is.

You will notice I passed over the QB situation. I am staying with the stance that JP Losman was drafted in the first round of the draft. Not only was he drafted in the first round, the Bills gave up this years first and last years 2nd to move BACK into the first round to get him. When you draft a QB in the first round you have stated that he is the guy that will be carrying your team. Sitting does not develop your QB.

Watch all the game film you want. TALK with coaches all you want. PRACTICE under safe and controlled conditions all you want. ONLY by starting and playing against live fire do you develop. I am not saying you can just go play without coaching or film, but no matter what you MUST play. Not just mop up time handing the ball off either, but trying to lead your team down the field running the same playbook for the week and trying to score.

It is my opinion no matter what our record is this season, JP needs to start next year. He will have had a full year of 'film/coaching' as well as almost two full preseasons to prepare him. By next year the TEAM will have also had a full year in the system under MM. They will protect him like Pitt does Rothlesburger now.

Even with JP at the helm, I can see us possibly winning or at least competing for the AFC East title. NE will lose at least Weis this offseason. (Cleveland has hinted tonight he may be their #1 target. They also stated they will wait until even after the superbowl to get the right guy). Weis gone and possibly their DC as well...that opens a door for us.

Don't disagree with much of your suggestions. If we lose Jennings, I'd consider moving Teague to tackle or see if Petter could play there and then try to sign a top notch center as they'd come cheaper than a tackle as a FA. Woul first thoug htry to keep Jenning IF he really wants to be here.

Tight end. Yes, would be nice to improve, but can live with what we have. On offense, would rather see them try to improve line.

Vincent has been hurt most of year. I'd give him another shot Don't know what he "hasn't done to help the Bills" as you allude too?

Depth at linebacker would be nice, but not sure you can get better guys than we have as backups and be affordable.

Agree Baker may be capable FS.

Lindell can kick consistently from inside 40 yards. If we can get a proven kicker who can be just as good out to 50 yards and can put kick offs five yeards longer, sign him in a minute. But it's tough to find that guy. More ofte nthat not , you need to take a chance on un-proven guy and get lucky.

I really don´t want to see Pat leave. He and Sam are vital cogs to this team. They make our defense be feared by opposing OLs. Ron Edwards is fine, but he´s not PW yet. Besides, he´ll cost much less than JJ to keep anyway.

JJ is the player I´d let go, especially if he demands a huge contract. Draft, with a 2nd round pick, a new T to fill his void. And use the money to sign a vet OL, one that can play T or G.

I´d cut Troy Vincent too, and would look for a younger CB elsewhere. He seems to be always hurt.

Our TEs are fine. I´m happy with them. They block well and can catch a few passes.

Jim McNally.  I said we had talent, JMac just had to work with them. Guess what....we do have talent.  I honestly try to keep Jennings. I don't see how we can pry a Jones from Seattle or a Pace from St.Louis.  Tucker seems to have LG nailed down for now. Hell Even Williams is improving (Gasp!)  I would still like to see MW at 320-325 tops.

140264[/snapback]

The funny thing is the more JJ gets hurt, the lower his price tag goes. He still hasn't been able to stay healthy at all this year. I think that helps the Bills in terms of negotiating a new contract. Coming into this season I didn't think there was any way JJ would be back. But now...there is a chance.

Forget TE, the number one offensive upgraded needed this offseason remains the OL. A new LT, depth and possible a new LG will be needed and sought out. Tucker is great at providing depth, but if TD can find a better LG or LT (assuming JJ leaves) that has to be priority number 1.

RB. Henry will be traded. He won't want to stay here and will cause issues.

140264[/snapback]

How do you know Henry will cause issues? I agree that a GM will make an offer for Trav (probably several) but any hopes of getting a second rounder probably went out the window with his injury. The best shot will be Philly (with a low second rounder) but Westbrook has proven himself a capable every down back this year and they might not want to spring for such a trade.

Unless someone comes up with a second round offer, I honestly believe TD will keep Trav on the roster as a back up. It's unfair to Travis, but that's the way it is. There is nothing in Travis's past that indicates he will be a problem or distraction so I don't know what you are basing your opinion on.

CB. Cut Vincent.  I am serious. this guy has done nothing and to me won't do anything to help the Bills. It seems we have found a free safety so he isn't needed there either.

140264[/snapback]

Vincent won't be cut. The cap hit would be too much. If nothing else, his leadership does tons for the young DBs on the roster. And when he comes back he will allow TM to move back to the nickle where he is best.

Lindell still needs to be replaced. We need a consistant and accurate kicker. I know strong leg is good, but if we can find a guy that can consistantly strike it home from 55yards or less then I think we are fine.

140264[/snapback]

Again, Lindell won't be replaced. They signed him to a huge deal and the cap hit will be too great. He has been fine this season.

Sitting does not develop your QB.

140264[/snapback]

I agree with you that you cannot develop a QB on the bench. But that doesn't much matter because MM doesn't care.

MM will not be interested in developing JP at the cost of the 2005 season. He cares about winning. If Drew and the team go 10-6 or 9-7 this year then there is absolutely no way JP is the opening day starter. Drew would have one more shot at the starting job (and rightfully so) but he would be on a short leash. Another 0-2 start would probably prompt a change. But the fact is that Drew, in MM's mind and anyone who thinks objectivly) will provide the Bills the best shot in 2005.

However, if the Bills fall to 8 losses and JP comes in and plays well, then I think they go into camp as equals and whoever has the best camp wins the job.

Still, with the remaining schedule I don't see the Bills winning any less than 9 games.

I have to disagree with the QB situation. We drafted JP we play him. Look Rothlesburger is winning for Pitt. To me starting JP is not sacrificing wins. It may be the reason we add some wins.

Phat Pat is on the downside of his career. the only way Edwards gets better is to play. When he has played he has played very well this year. It is his time coming up.

You will notice I passed over the QB situation.

Followed by...

Watch me blather about the QB position for four paragraphs.

ICE, you're unreal. Do you think by now there's anyone who doesn't know what your opinion of the QB situation is, anyway?

My only real objection is your move to cut Pat Williams. That guy is 1/4 of the reason why our defense is so good, we cut him and our defense just becomes above average instead of #2 in the league.

No, we need Pat.

140382[/snapback]

I dont think that they lose much now when Edwards comes in, let alone next season when PW is a year older and RE is a year more experienced.

PW makes big dollars, and it remains to be seen exactly what he would command from other teams.

As far as him being 1/4 of the reason our defense is so good, that is a bit of a stretch, wouldn't you say? :doh:

Or more importantly, cares?

140391[/snapback]

His minions do.

Of course, given that his minions are irretreviably dense (they are, after all, his minions. Voluntarily, no less), it would explain why he constantly has to repeat himself well beyond any rational standard of repetition.

The formst you provide is good and much of the content is good now that you are once again abandoning some of your past stone cold lock predictions for more rational stances. Its good to see on some of the particulars mentioned below, but then again you haven\t developed a rep for taking multiple positions for nothing.

Jim McNally- Agreed he has talent and who would reasonably expect less from someone who has been an OL coach for years and suceeded in nursing and building a moderate talent NYG OL into a group which was a key to them getting to the SB. He seemed to not only motivate MW into becoming more like the player he should be with carrots such as him getting a gameball for his play at RT but sticks like threatening to move MW to LG. He obviously prodded MW and fooled fans like yourslf into conjuring up an outside speed rush problem for MW when his problems have been coordination with the RG and stunts rather than problems with the outside rush. The main thing I think his success shows is how stupid GW was to think that OL coaching newbies like Vinky and Ruel could do the job. Its great to have an adult at this position

TE- I agree with you that this is a big problem with this O, but disagree that it will be a number one priority for acquisition unless we have a shot without reaching for him at the second coming of Ben Coates. My sense is that the Bills have more of an interest of a project in this area who can become great rather than expending valuable resources here. Instead, I think the first priority will be to develop one of three internal options-

Euhus- he's just a rookie and has shown some signs of talent though he is nowhere near demonsrating breakout potential. Still they spent significantly to get him and I don't see the Bills doing what they did with Denney/Kelsay (spend a big pick on him and turnaround and spend another big pick on the same position the next year). MM has too much faith in his experience as a TE to spend two picks on the one position, they'll try to make it work with Euhus.

Campbell- He is not the threat we want, but his play has merited the late pick we spent on him and games like the one against StL will stop us from making TE a priority.

Peters- It was his speed and soft hands which won him a place on the PS and his blocking ability was the problem. Yet he has made the squad as a tackle though the Bills do use him as a TE (as seen by the boner Sunday when he failed to declare). My sense is that they are trying to train him that he must emphasize his blocking if he wants to remain with the team and if he does they can unleash this project as a TE.

RB. This whole game is silly, Henry's true value is not some absolute but will be determined by the market. The market will be determined by who gets signed who could be an FA and additional injuries. Even better for the Bills we have him under contract for a year at a cap friendly price and can sit on him if we choose to. I don't know whose mind you are reading to say Henry will definitely be a cancer or whether Doctor ICE has once again read the tea leaves and knows exactly how hurt or not hurt Henry is. I also expect him to get traded, but for a conditional pick tied to how many games he appears in that protects everyone from reality. The pruority for the Bills wil actually not necessarily to get a draft pick for him but to land a solid back-up RB in case WM gets hurt again. I see Burns as a fine ST guy and a good 3rd string back, but if he gets promoted to number 1 because WM goes down. our bread-and-butter the run game is done. We may well resign Henry if the market allows or look for the next Eddie George or Emmit Smith cao casualty who is readt to back-up

WR. An $8 million annual cap hit would move Moulds from the #6 salary to #1 above the current salaries of players such as Moss, Harrison, etc. Something has got to happen here and it probably will be the TD magic of having him reduce his cap hit in exchange for pro-rated bonus which is guaranteed money. You are right that who knows what will happen, but it is in both the Bills and Moulds interest to take the bird in the hand here.

Pat williams- I also think he is gone, but I suspect the Bills will want Anderson to step up rather than Edwards though there is no outside sign of this yet. The wild card in this is that apparently he and Sam Adams have this thing and it was crucila to bringing Adams here. It works bot ways because if Adams example of taking less money to make the PW/SA thing work forestalls PW from using this FA shotto ash in, then perhaps the two of them prevail upon TD to keep this potent duo intact.

LB. I have also seen flashes of brilliance from Posey which perhaps get overshadowed by Spikes/Fletcher's performance and presence. Yet, I think we had hopes that he would step up to the level of those two and he hasn't, Crowell, Hafggan and Stamer are all ST stalwarts so perhaps there will be less change here than out expectations and hopes for Posey might create.

CB.- McGee is a real adventure out there who contributes greatly to this team on ST, but he needs a bad QB to have him be the corner we want, He gets INTs but he can be burned as Moss did and it was by the grace and goofiness of the refs that he didn't take a major interference penalty early in the game. He will improve over time but he is at the nickel CB level right now.

Safety, Two games is not enough for me to be sold on Naker yet. He hss done bettr than Reese but that ain't saying much. McGee maturing quickly and Vincent coming over is a better bet to me than this rookie being the real deal.

ST's

Morman Nuff said

Lindell has continued the folly of TD falsely claiming good kickers are a dime a dozen. Yet, he showed good power on a miss from 53 that was long enough and didn't count because they cheated and he put one through that we took off the board with a TC. Was this a sign that he can do it or was it because ge was psycheed to go against his old team. We'l see.

Coaching- April, Clements and the growth of Gray are the prime evidence of GW not being ready for primetime.

QB- I will not pass over this one. The last two weeks have got me reconsidering Bledsoe. No I don't think he will ever win games for the Bills, but I am getting more confidence in MM that he and Clements might actually be able to grow beyond being a rookie HC and OC and pull off the job that Parcells and BB did by not depending on Bledsoe and using him as a threat in order to win. If JP learns the game(he showed getting thrown to the wolves in NE and with hsi delay f game that he is not ready to start yet. What I hope happens and seems more likely now is that though Bledsoe's cap hit is to high for a starter, the combined cap hits of Losman and BLedsoe are fine. If Losman is ready to start I keep Bledsoe who is under contract and incredibly unlikely to become a cancer. If JP needs to sit some more then I cut Bledsoe after June 2005 and look elsewhere.

I have to disagree with the QB situation. We drafted JP we play him. Look Rothlesburger is winning for Pitt. To me starting JP is not sacrificing wins. It may be the reason we add some wins.

Phat Pat is on the downside of his career. the only way Edwards gets better is to play. When he has played he has played very well this year. It is his time coming up.

140358[/snapback]

Actually Pitt is winning with Roth at QB. Difference there. You do realize that they have about 50 more yards passing than rushing with a ~1.75:1 run:pass ratio...

Regardless, my vote at QB, pending the run we're on continues, would be to let there be competition for the starting spot next year. I know Drew would handle it well either way, it's a matter of whether Losman steps up. Obviously, if the seasons ends up with "2003 Drew" at the helm," then it's Losman's job to lose.

How do you know Henry will cause issues? I agree that a GM will make an offer for Trav (probably several) but any hopes of getting a second rounder probably went out the window with his injury. The best shot will be Philly (with a low second rounder) but Westbrook has proven himself a capable every down back this year and they might not want to spring for such a trade.

140328[/snapback]

I cannot see Travis being happy as a backup, and I don't find retaining him to be fair either since we gave him an very cost-effective extension, then drafted a new starter.

We let this work its way out while we figured out what we had in McGahee and whether Travis could handle his role in the new system. McGahee won, but it's only fair to let Henry have his chances elsewhere after what he has accomplished for us.

I think the ideal situation would be a trade for a conditional draft pick for 2006: Considering his injuries, 3rd round at least, upgraded to 2nd round if he hits 1000 yards in 2005, 1st-rounder if he surpasses 1500. This would be fair in that if he is even close to as good as he was for us in 02-03, we get a second rounder. If he's fantastic, we aren't big losers for letting him go and the other team is getting a good value for their first-rounder.

i love this team i even put up with assdrew till about the 6th game of the season . i hope they make the play offs. i wll scream just as loud for assdrew to win as i do at him when he looks like stevestojan. no matter how you drew lovers love him you still have to look at the 2 plus years of stevestojan he has given this team <_<:D

I cannot see Travis being happy as a backup, and I don't find retaining him to be fair either since we gave him an very cost-effective extension, then drafted a new starter.

We let this work its way out while we figured out what we had in McGahee and whether Travis could handle his role in the new system.  McGahee won, but it's only fair to let Henry have his chances elsewhere after what he has accomplished for us.

I think the ideal situation would be a trade for a conditional draft pick for 2006: Considering his injuries, 3rd round at least, upgraded to 2nd round if he hits 1000 yards in 2005, 1st-rounder if he surpasses 1500.  This would be fair in that if he is even close to as good as he was for us in 02-03, we get a second rounder.  If he's fantastic, we aren't big losers for letting him go and the other team is getting a good value for their first-rounder.

140438[/snapback]

You raise good points.

I don't think the issue of being "fair" to Henry will enter much into TD's mindset. He is going to be looking for the best possible situation for the club. If that means a second round pick, then by all means I think he would do it. If he can't get a good pick in return, Trav's cap number being what it is will allow TD the flexibility to retain Henry till the end of his contract and give the Bills a top notch backup to Willis.

Getting a conditional pick is an excellent idea that I hadn't thought of. I can see TD pulling the trigger on a conditional pick, but the other team would also have to give up a pick in this year's draft no lower than the 3rd round in my opinion.

I only say this because in everything I have ever read from TD he has made it clear that he feels having two quality backs is crucial. Now, he may have been saying that to make Trav and Willis feel better about the current situaion, but who knows.

I agree with most of what you said, Ice. On Losman and Bledsoe, I agree that Losman is the future. I also agree that live action is an essential component of full development. However, some development can take place in practice.

If I may I'd like to tell a true story about two of my three children. My oldest, now 21 began walking at the age of eight and a half months. It was a compulsion for him. He'd start across a room, fall down, bawl a bit, get up and keep going. I think he had more bumps and bruises than any nine month old everthat hadn't been physically abused. My youngest, a girl took her first step at fifteen months, after one step she decided she'd had enough, sat down and resumed playing on the floor. She never took another step until the day before her eighteen month checkup. Then she got up, started walking as if she'd been doing it for weeks, hardly ever fell or got hurt.

I think there are parallels to learning to play QB in the NFL. Ben Roethlisberger is a freak. I don't think there has ever been a rookie QB come in and have the kind of season he's having. Most QBs who come in and play as a rookie get bloodied pretty badly. They are much like my son was learning to walk. He ended up even running before most kids are walking, but he paid a high price. The thing is in football, it's not just the rookie QB who pays the price, it's the team.

On the other hand there is a guy like Chad Pennington who as a highly touted rookie sat on the bench. Then he sat on the bench for a second year. Then he started out a third year on the bench. Finally, when Vinnie Testaverde was ineffective, the Jets were forced to finally start Pennington, worried that he wasn't ready yet. He's a lot like my daughter, who let some development take place before she took the field, figuratively speaking. There were things Pennington's had to learn from "active duty" but all in all he has had a pretty smooth adjustment into being a starting NFL QB.

I don't know that there is one right way to do it. I think I would like to see at least an open competition for QB of the Bills. I do suspect that if Losman starts, he will have some rough games, though fewer than he would have had had he been healthy this year and started at the begining of the season. It's also possible that he could sit another year and have a debut year like Pennington. I think I'm willing to trust the coaching staff on this. I just hope that the team has progressed next year sufficiently so that they can overcome most of Losman's new starter jitters if he is the starter.

The good news is that it looks like the Bills, and their now hated GM, Tom Donahoe, has built a team that is not at all QB centric. The Bills don't need a great QB to win. I think the the Bills can probably win games next year with the QB passing the ball no more than 25 times for 100-150 yards. In that respect, it would be an ideal situation for Losman to take the plunge as a starter. That's one advantage that Roethlisberger has this year. The Steelers have a very strong team around him, so Roethlisberger only has to be a cog in the machine and not the man on the hot seat.

Damn impressive wins bottom line. Bobby April is hands down the Bills MVP. I hope TD and RW find a way to reward him.

Jim McNally.  I said we had talent, JMac just had to work with them. Guess what....we do have talent.  I honestly try to keep Jennings. I don't see how we can pry a Jones from Seattle or a Pace from St.Louis.  Tucker seems to have LG nailed down for now. Hell Even Williams is improving (Gasp!)  I would still like to see MW at 320-325 tops.

TE.  I still think we need a difference maker there. I know we have tons of 'good' TE's but I want a playmaker/Difference maker at TE. To me that is the #1 offensive upgrade this offseason.

RB. Henry will be traded. He won't want to stay here and will cause issues. I know some say 'No GM worth anything will trade for him' Really? Chicago just signed Jeff George at QB. For all of TH's BS some GM's see nothing but a 2x 1300 yard rusher. YES someone will give us a 3rd or so for him.  Joe Burns will be fine as a backup and we still have shawd Williams.  Backups like Antoine Smith will always be out there to be had if need be.  Hell Bam Morris is making a comeback. No joke he really is. 

WR. Leave it as is with one exception...Re do Moulds contract. No way he takes up 8 mill in Cap room. does he want out? Who honestly knows. We all had fun guessing but only he knows.

On the defensive side of the ball. Pat williams, luv ya man but see ya!  time for Edwards to start and our younger guys to step up.

LB. Seems Posey has found out he actually plays in the NFL. I'd still like better depth via the draft.

CB. Cut Vincent.  I am serious. this guy has done nothing and to me won't do anything to help the Bills. It seems we have found a free safety so he isn't needed there either.

Safety, Baker seems to be the real deal. If he keeps progressing I think we have found our guy.  Milloy...well is probowler Milloy. our D has greatly benifited from his return.

ST's

Morman is a pure stud. Lindell still needs to be replaced. We need a consistant and accurate kicker. I know strong leg is good, but if we can find a guy that can consistantly strike it home from 55yards or less then I think we are fine.

Coaching. I am glad MM found his sac. took him awhile but it seems he found it  <_<    Honestly last week was the best damn coaching calls I have seen in about....6 years. Honestly. Damn good calling across the board. Gray has learned to time his blitzes better.

It is honestly too bad this team went breasts up in the first 4 weeks of the season. We would be right there folks. As is I just don't see us making it this year. We are a team on the rise. One that will be feared next year based on our offseason moves. To me this is the offseason LESS is MORE in offseason moves. This team is gaining chemistry together as it is.

You will notice I passed over the QB situation. I am staying with the stance that JP Losman was drafted in the first round of the draft. Not only was he drafted in the first round, the Bills gave up this years first and last years 2nd to move BACK into the first round to get him.  When you draft a QB in the first round you have stated that he is the guy that will be carrying your team.  Sitting does not develop your QB.

Watch all the game film you want. TALK with coaches all you want. PRACTICE under safe and controlled conditions all you want. ONLY by starting and playing against live fire do you develop.  I am not saying you can just go play without coaching or film, but no matter what you MUST play. Not just mop up time handing the ball off either, but trying to lead your team down the field running the same playbook for the week and trying to score.

It is my opinion no matter what our record is this season, JP needs to start next year. He will have had a full year of 'film/coaching' as well as almost two full preseasons to prepare him.  By next year the TEAM will have also had a full year in the system under MM. They will protect him like Pitt does Rothlesburger now. 

Even with JP at the helm, I can see us possibly winning or at least competing for the AFC East title. NE will lose at least Weis this offseason. (Cleveland has hinted tonight he may be their #1 target. They also stated they will wait until even after the superbowl to get the right guy).  Weis gone and possibly their DC as well...that opens a door for us.

140264[/snapback]

A good center would help the offensive line, and put Teague a our first in line backup. With the line of Jennings, Tucker, New Center, Villerial and Williams, I think we might have something.

Don't disagree with  much of your suggestions.  If we lose Jennings, I'd consider moving Teague to tackle or see if Petter could play there and then try to sign a top notch center as they'd come cheaper than a tackle as a FA.  Woul first thoug htry to keep Jenning IF he really wants to be here.

Tight end.  Yes, would be nice to improve, but can live with what we have.  On offense, would rather see them try to improve line.

Vincent has been hurt most of year.  I'd give him another shot  Don't know what he "hasn't done to help the Bills" as you allude too?

Depth at linebacker would be nice, but not sure you can get better guys than we have as backups and be affordable.

Agree Baker may be capable FS.

Lindell can kick consistently from inside 40 yards.  If we can get a proven kicker who can be just as good out to 50 yards and can put kick offs five yeards longer, sign him in a minute.  But it's tough to find that guy.  More ofte nthat not , you need to take a chance on un-proven guy and get lucky.

140282[/snapback]

I think what ICE is eluding to (regarding Vincent) was the fact that we let Winfield go because the brass felt we had a starting pro-bowler to fill in. Vincent not only broke the leg of our newly drafted 1st round QB (with a red do-not-tackle-me shirt on), but he managed to get injured and leave us with no option other than throwing McGee to the wolves at CB. A move that directly cost us a few close games, or does anyone forget the game of catch that Pennington and Cherbet had at McGee's expense?

Vincent has done squat for his paycheck.

<_<

TE.  I still think we need a difference maker there. I know we have tons of 'good' TE's but I want a playmaker/Difference maker at TE. To me that is the #1 offensive upgrade this offseason.

RB. Henry will be traded. He won't want to stay here and will cause issues. I know some say 'No GM worth anything will trade for him' Really? Chicago just signed Jeff George at QB. For all of TH's BS some GM's see nothing but a 2x 1300 yard rusher. YES someone will give us a 3rd or so for him.  Joe Burns will be fine as a backup and we still have shawd Williams.  Backups like Antoine Smith will always be out there to be had if need be.  Hell Bam Morris is making a comeback. No joke he really is. 

On the defensive side of the ball. Pat williams, luv ya man but see ya!  time for Edwards to start and our younger guys to step up.

Safety, Baker seems to be the real deal. If he keeps progressing I think we have found our guy.  Milloy...well is probowler Milloy. our D has greatly benifited from his return.

ST's

Coaching. I am glad MM found his sac. took him awhile but it seems he found it  <_<    Honestly last week was the best damn coaching calls I have seen in about....6 years. Honestly. Damn good calling across the board. Gray has learned to time his blitzes better.

You will notice I passed over the QB situation. I am staying with the stance that JP Losman was drafted in the first round of the draft. Not only was he drafted in the first round, the Bills gave up this years first and last years 2nd to move BACK into the first round to get him.  When you draft a QB in the first round you have stated that he is the guy that will be carrying your team.  Sitting does not develop your QB.

Watch all the game film you want. TALK with coaches all you want. PRACTICE under safe and controlled conditions all you want. ONLY by starting and playing against live fire do you develop.  I am not saying you can just go play without coaching or film, but no matter what you MUST play. Not just mop up time handing the ball off either, but trying to lead your team down the field running the same playbook for the week and trying to score.

It is my opinion no matter what our record is this season, JP needs to start next year. He will have had a full year of 'film/coaching' as well as almost two full preseasons to prepare him.  By next year the TEAM will have also had a full year in the system under MM. They will protect him like Pitt does Rothlesburger now. 

Even with JP at the helm, I can see us possibly winning or at least competing for the AFC East title. NE will lose at least Weis this offseason. (Cleveland has hinted tonight he may be their #1 target. They also stated they will wait until even after the superbowl to get the right guy).  Weis gone and possibly their DC as well...that opens a door for us.

140264[/snapback]

good points Ice. Very realistic view of our team.

The biggest point you make on the JP Losman development is that true game time is the only way for this kid to become our Offensive Leader. Mop up duty does not win over the Body Guards (O-Line, RB blitz pick up) and downfield kamikazi's (WR's). Important decisions and proven leadership in the trenches is the only way to get your O to play their a$$es off and for the lineman to take a Secret Service-like approach to protecting you.