Whitner done with Twitter

Kevin

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/05/17/w...e-with-twitter/

Do you really want players get to the point where they don't want to play in Buffalo because of the fans? I know that many of you don't like Whitner but this guy put himself out there on Twitter for YOU the fan.

Don't make Bills fans the dumbest fans in America.

Civility has left the internet. It's a shame that the pot-stirrers are the voices that grab the attention over everyone else, but that's the prevailing attitude.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

donte just learned the First Rule of the Internet

but this is not specific to only Bills fans. this will happen with fans from all teams. it's going to be a major lesson for players, who are used to being adored and coddled their whole lives, when they start interacting with people on a daily basis and come in contact with all the classless, loudmouths.

and it changes the other end of the dynamic as well. it's one thing to have a "once in a lifetime" encounter with an athlete at the mall or grocery store. you forget any crap that you might have talked about them, and become a fan, even temporarily. but when the athletes are in constant contact, and saying ridiculous garbage on top of it, it is much easier to tell them to STFU.

there are smart ways of using the new methods of commincation that can further the player/their business, like using a PR person to draft your tweets and updates. and then there are stupid ways, which is to act like a 13 year old girl.

Whitner is an idiot.... Anyone using twitter and not able to handle the negative repercussion is a retard.

WHitner is a retard.

I'm glad he quit twitter. His tweets that ended up being reposted on forums where pathetic, and he needed to shut up

What's funny is if he really threatening us to not resign because we didn't message his gentle ego on twitter.

maybe if he made a few plays once in awhile eh ?

Bingo!

Whitner deserves to play for another team. One with fans who appreciate players. One who love players with heart. It wasn't his fault he was drafted so high and Dumb Bills fans hold that against him. This is the same attitude that makes me glad I left Western New York long, long ago.

Keep making your players mad Bills Fan. You'll miss them when the team moves away!

And if you don't like my post.. tough! Get a grip! Your probably the same fans that threw snow balls at Jim Kelly in 1989 and felt Kenneth Davis should start over Thurman. All sports teams have stupid fans, but The Bills have more than their fair share. Too bad they live on this board!

I love how people bash Whitner on this board.

It is not his fault for being drafted number 8 overall, it was a dumb move by our then F.O., yet all the blame falls on him.

He may not be the best player at his position but hes a damn good leader and one of the only guys to show any type of emotion last year(Crying after a heartbreaking loss, takling the Oakland receiver in the endzone for showboating). Not to mention one of the nicest, down to earth football players you will ever meet, and a great community guy, no thug.

Plus do people actually stop and think that this will have a negative effect on free agency, or any player signing with the Bills in teh future. If he goes somewhere else, and a player from his new team is coming for a visit here and Donte is asked about his time here, the first things that will come up, the disrecpect the fans showed him.

People need to stop and think, or atlesast show a little respect. Just my $.50

:thumbsup: agreed...it'd be nice if he made more plays but attacking him because he's just a very good S instead of a great one is childish..but truth be told, I would've been surprised if he never got attacked on Twitter or Facebook. Let's be honest...there's a lot of people out there with big internet muscles...talking trash from behind a keyboard like the cowards they are but would never say a thing in person and once anyone is out on the internet, they become a target, no matter how deserving or undeserving they are of the insults they receive.

:thumbsup: agreed...it'd be nice if he made more plays but attacking him because he's just a very good an average S instead of a great good one is childish..but truth be told, I would've been surprised if he never got attacked on Twitter or Facebook. Let's be honest...there's a lot of people out there with big internet muscles...talking trash from behind a keyboard like the cowards they are but would never say a thing in person and once anyone is out on the internet, they become a target, no matter how deserving or undeserving they are of the insults they receive.

Fixed :lol:

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/05/17/w...e-with-twitter/

Do you really want players get to the point where they don't want to play in Buffalo because of the fans? I know that many of you don't like Whitner but this guy put himself out there on Twitter for YOU the fan.

Don't make Bills fans the dumbest fans in America.

It's all part of Donte's plan to force users to pay for access to his content. Whitner#8overall.com

Don't be creepy. Let it go.

Good for him and I would never have signed up in the first place if I was in his position. Most people are idiots and the internet allows people act tough when they would never have the balls to say the same thing in person.

I hate people and the cowards that thrive off the internet. Whitner has been a great team guy and the jealous peopel have towards him is sickening. People need to get their own lives.

Plus do people actually stop and think that this will have a negative effect on free agency, or any player signing with the Bills in teh future. If he goes somewhere else, and a player from his new team is coming for a visit here and Donte is asked about his time here, the first things that will come up, the disrecpect the fans showed him.

People need to stop and think, or atlesast show a little respect. Just my $.50

Oh Jesus. Like somehow only Bills fans are idiots and disrespectful towards players.

Whitner deserves to play for another team. One with fans who appreciate players. One who love players with heart. It wasn't his fault he was drafted so high and Dumb Bills fans hold that against him. This is the same attitude that makes me glad I left Western New York long, long ago.

Keep making your players mad Bills Fan. You'll miss them when the team moves away!

And if you don't like my post.. tough! Get a grip! Your probably the same fans that threw snow balls at Jim Kelly in 1989 and felt Kenneth Davis should start over Thurman. All sports teams have stupid fans, but The Bills have more than their fair share. Too bad they live on this board!

You got proof of this, or are you just spouting off?

You do know that Elway got ripped by the media and the fans in Denver one year based on what he gave away for Halloween.

But only Bills fans would be this idiotic.

Oh Jesus. Like somehow only Bills fans are idiots and disrespectful towards players.

Oh we're not close to the only ones but that was supposed to be what was great about the Bills: the fans. Honestly, no NFL player is pumped to go to Buffalo or GB? But we had the best fans around and players rave about the college atmosphere in both players. But with this crap and the McKelvin nonsense (as minor as it is), it still makes us look bad.

How often do you hear about GB fans being jerks?

You got proof of this, or are you just spouting off?

You do know that Elway got ripped by the media and the fans in Denver one year based on what he gave away for Halloween.

But only Bills fans would be this idiotic.

That rang a bell.

The press launched a series of tasteless attacks accusing him of being stingy with restaurant tips, and a Denver newspaper complained about the quality of Halloween candy passed out to trick-or-treaters.

http://www.knightstemplar.org/articles/1007/elway.pdf

Thank you for understanding the point I was trying to make. I have never been to Buffalo, and would love to see a home game there, but you already have had a head coach (Mike Shanahan) say that they didn't want to go to Buffalo. FA's that Buffalo bring in decide to sign with other teams over Buffalo, and why is that? The way I see it is that the only way that a player would want to come to Buffalo is because of the fans. The fans that are the best and most passionate fans in the NFL, period. But when stuff like this starts to get out, and I am sure that if it keeps happening, it will get out, then players that Buffalo desperately needs will think twice about signing with the Bills.

Its funny, but a long long time ago, say throughout the 90's, when the Bills won more games than they lost, the Bills attracted all kinds of quality free agents.

Free Agents and coaches aren't coming here now because we suck and seem without direction. Period. Until the Bills decide to get serious about football, don't think that top echelon football people are going to want to come to Buffalo.

It's really that easy.