Players most likely to be cut after this season if they underperform?

Guys that will be cut for sure: Kelsay, Ellis, McCargo, Ellison, Chambers

Guys that might be cut: Stroud, Mitchell, Hardy

This is a pretty good list. As has been stated in other posts, I would be surprised for any of those "Guys that will be cut for sure" to even make the team. I would add Johnson, Parrish and Lynch to the "Guys that might get cut". I don't see Mitchell's job on the line this year, however.

I also think Maybin gets at least two more years to make something of himself.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kelsay, McCargo, Whitner, Mitchell, Hardy, Steve Johnson, Spencer Johnson, Roscoe Parrish, Stroud, Edwards, Fitz, and Brohm. Some of these players could most likely be gone by the final cuts in preseason. Nothing would surprise me.

In a previous post, I said 11-5, but I'll break down every game:

09/12 MIAMI DOLPHINS - W - People forget that the Bills beat the Phins 31-14 last season. IMO, the Phins don't have a good QB.

09/19 @ Green Bay Packers - L

09/26 @ New England Patriots - L - game could go either way

10/03 NEW YORK JETS 1:00 pm - L - if it's bad weather, the Bills could win since Sanchez is a warm weather QB

10/10 JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS W

10/17 BYE

10/24 @ Baltimore Ravens L

10/31 @ Kansas City Chiefs W

11/07 CHICAGO BEARS (Toronto) W - game could go either way

11/14 DETROIT LIONS W

11/21 @ Cincinnati Bengals W - game could go either way, the Bills have had the Bengals number for years now, plus the Bengals did not look good the last few games of the year last year

11/28 PITTSBURGH STEELERS W - game could go either way, but with all the problems the Steelers had in the offseason with Rapelisberger, trading Santonio Holmes & losing Limas Sweed for the season, I think the Bills win this one

12/05 @ Minnesota Vikings 1:00 pm W if Favre doesn't play, L is Favre plays

12/12 CLEVELAND BROWNS 1:00 pm W

12/19 @ Miami Dolphins 1:00 pm L - game could go either way, but at least it's not blazing hot down in South Florida like it is in September

12/26 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS W game could go either way

01/02 @ New York Jets W - Sanchez is a California QB that struggled in the bad NJ weather last year when the Bills beat the Jets

I'm hoping for 11-5, but realisticly I can see the Bills finishing 9-7 and getting a wild card berth.

You were being realistic? Expecting anywhere from 9-7 to 11-5????

09/12 MIAMI DOLPHINS L- Bills seem confused, Trentative's line is 15-25 for 99 yards, although one reception is a 49 yard dump to spiller he taks to the house, only points scored by Buffalo.

09/19 @ Green Bay Packers - L

09/26 @ New England Patriots - L - game could go either way Assuming the Pats* play their Practice squad. McKelvin refuses to return kicks, scared of vandals

10/03 NEW YORK JETS 1:00 pm - L - Bad Bad Levi Brown gets into the game, proptly gets concussed

10/10 JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS - Win- Poz Breaks arm

10/17 BYE

10/24 @ Baltimore Ravens L

10/31 @ Kansas City Chiefs W

11/07 CHICAGO BEARS (Toronto) L - But don't worry, you wont see it, game is blacked out due to empty seats in Toronto

11/14 DETROIT LIONS Win

11/21 @ Cincinnati Bengals L - Shredded by Carson and TO/85

11/28 PITTSBURGH STEELERS L- Steelers are still better than us even without an offense of any kind. Polamalu has a Pick-6... Twice

12/05 @ Minnesota Vikings 1:00 pm L- AP and Rice score combined 5 TD's

12/12 CLEVELAND BROWNS 1:00 pm W -

12/19 @ Miami Dolphins 1:00 pm L - game could go either way, but at least it's not blazing hot down in South Florida like it is in September

12/26 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS L-

01/02 @ New York Jets W - Sanchez is a California QB that struggled in the bad NJ weather last year when the Bills beat the Jets

Obviously we could state that at least 2 of the 4 QB's are going to be under the knife depending on how they perform but outside of the QB's who do you think will have their last season as a Bill if they do not show that they can produce this year?Also who would you see as the biggest surprise player this year for the Bills?

I misread this post because I think that our new regime will be looking to cut some known players during this preseason as examples before even giving them a shot at the 2010 season.

Gailey wants to weed out those players who do not have their heads into the game as well as those who are physically unable to perform at expected levels. The rookie weekend gave us some insight into this philosophy especially his comments about studying plays versus going out to the movies at night.

There is no doubt that by the opening game with the Fish at the Ralph, which I think we can win, that the following veterans (maybe surprise names to some fans) will be gone unless they have a miraculous transformation (if Chan is willing to cut a 'name' or former high draft pick that will tell us something about him):

1. McCargo - Has shown nothing, done nothing and now there really doesn't appear to be a position he matches with at all. Would not be surprised to see him gone with the first round of cuts this summer.

2. Roscoe - What an enigma. I don't think any of us has ever seen a better punt returner nor a worse receiver after the catch in Bills' history. Last year, he lost the punt returning mojo and maybe it was the coaches ... who knows. But, he is going to have to prove to this new coaching staff that his skills merit retention.

3. Hardy - It's like this guy is under some super secret cone of invisibility. The implications are that he can play at this level ... the last coaching staff and so far the only comments from this one's would seem to be saying that Hardy can be our number two guy (we all remember the Jacksonville game) but none of us has seen it. He needs a big camp because there are some hungry young receivers in camp who are ready to play each week. It would be great to see Namaan do the impossible and make the team ... GO BULLS!

4. Whitner - I have not been a member of the let's hate Donte club. I have celebrated his brashness and leadership but at the same time this preseason I think he needs to truly step up because our safety corps has grown with Byrd obviously starting at Free. So that leaves Wilson, Scott, Corto, and Harris all looking for an opening to play. Assuming Corto makes the team as a SP guy and back-up ... do we cut Wilson? Scott? I don't think so.

5. Youboty/Corner - Ahh, all those DB's. We have a wealth of them, which is a good thing but to be in the elite four a player has to step up. McGee, McKelvin, and Florence are the top three. I don't think you keep both Youboty and Corner because we have some other talent behind them who can easily push right by. So, Youboty and Corner need to stand out this preseason to make the cut.

6. McIntyre - The lonely fullback ... it will be on his shoulders to prove it's worth having a full back because we have a group of tight ends who can slip into the backfield on occasion to take on some of what a traditional fullback would have done.

7. Mitchell - I don't think he gets cut but the potential is there because of the competition at linebacker. He needs to step up to prove that he is better than the young hungry guys.

Finally, all those Kelsay haters. He is coming off one of his best seasons and his abilities may be just what our new 3-4 is looking for from the outside LB. His motor is always going, he is a team leader, and I am confident he stays. Maybin on the other hand ... well time will tell.

As some mentioned - Ellis and Ellison are both going to be measured up this year, but, I think they'll also be looking hard at Stroud. Can he hold up as a 3-4 end, and good enough to make his salary worthwhile? Likewise, of course, with McCargo. Offensively, I think Hangartner needs to show he can handle the center job or he'll be replaced - and I don't think they'll wait until the end of the year to do it, if he doesn't play well. Then you've got Lynch, Edwards - this is his last year here if he doesn't light it up, Hardy has to show something this year, as with Parrish and I'd say Brohm, too.

So, Ellis, Ellison, Stroud, McCargo, Hangartner, Lynch, Edwards, Brohm, Parrish, and Hardy. I'd say they all have to exceed expectations this year or they're out.

Not one Stevie Johnson but yet tons of James Hardy. Really guys, Is # 13 god or something. IF he dont produce this year then he should be gone as well.

Would you like us to list every late draft pick and marginal back up as well?

Hardy was an early round pick, he was expected to make an impact, that he hasn't is worth noting. That a late round pick hasn't is not.

Other players mentioned are either early picks or former/current starters.

Would you like us to list every late draft pick and marginal back up as well?

Hardy was an early round pick, he was expected to make an impact, that he hasn't is worth noting. That a late round pick hasn't is not.

Other players mentioned are either early picks or former/current starters.

Well considering the Stevie Johnson is the next best thing to Jerry Rice in a lot of minds then yes you should consider him as well. He hasnt done squat but you would think he has 2. 1000 yard receiving years under his belt. Thats all I am saying

The guys with the big price tags/dont fit the system

Evans, Maybin, Whitner, McCargo, Stroud, Kelsay, Schobel, and maybe even McGee if he fails his physical bc of that injury which is still really bad I guess.

The guys with the big price tags/dont fit the system

Evans, Maybin, Whitner, McCargo, Stroud, Kelsay, Schobel, and maybe even McGee if he fails his physical bc of that injury which is still really bad I guess.

You honestly think they would just cut Evans? Seriously? No way. I think he could easily get us a 1st, especially from one of the better teams that actually could use another WR. I also think they would take what they could get for Stroud.

Not one Stevie Johnson but yet tons of James Hardy. Really guys, Is # 13 god or something. IF he dont produce this year then he should be gone as well.

Bills world is divided into two types of people. The first type thinks Steve Johnson is the answer to everything (me). The second type thinks the first type is crazy (you). :thumbsup: