Cushing wins re-vote

The dumbest 17 people in sports! and so what big deal no AP writers it's still an AP award and they should have not allowed it.

I'll say it again, it's wrong and these 17 dummies below are WRONG

Don Banks, Sports Illustrated.com

Bob Berger, Sporting News Radio

Chris Berman, ESPN

Steve Cohen, Sirius Satellite Radio

Frank Cooney, SportsXChange

Mark Craig, Minneapolis Star Tribune

Tom Curran, Comcast Sportsnet

Vinny Ditrani, The Record

Rick Gosselin, Dallas Morning News

Paul Gutierrez, Sacramento Bee

Clark Judge, CBSSports.com

John McClain, Houston Chronicle

Gary Myers, New York Daily News

Danny O'Neil, Seattle Times

Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com

Adam Teicher, Kansas City Star

Charean Williams Fort Worth Star-Telegram

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, JW didn't vote and didn't condone cheating! He merely said the AP was within its right to re-poll the NON-AP writers for a recount. Those writers were wrong, but the AP wasn't and JW shouldn't be beat up by people like you that won't read the damn facts! People like you ran off Tim Graham from our board, so back the Hell off and think before you write.

Why did they put a cheater on the ballot?

Hey Johnny Boy you wrote for twice! Not good grammar for someone from the AP!

It wad the AP's decision to allow Cushing on the ballot! Why did they allow that John?

I can't speak for my bosses, who made this unprecedented choice of having a revote in the first place.

I still can't see how the AP is to blame for Cushing retaining this award in the black-and-white world you live in.

Wouldn't be better for you to question those who actually voted for the candidate you have issue with? Cushing being on or not on the ballot is relatively immaterial. Somone still had to vote for him, right?

Nice, though, to see that after three or four tries, that you are finally be up to speed on the topic at hand. ... That's a start.

jw

The dumbest 17 people in sports! and so what big deal no AP writers it's still an AP award and they should have not allowed it.

I'll say it again, it's wrong and these 17 dummies below are WRONG

Don Banks, Sports Illustrated.com

Bob Berger, Sporting News Radio

Chris Berman, ESPN

Steve Cohen, Sirius Satellite Radio

Frank Cooney, SportsXChange

Mark Craig, Minneapolis Star Tribune

Tom Curran, Comcast Sportsnet

Vinny Ditrani, The Record

Rick Gosselin, Dallas Morning News

Paul Gutierrez, Sacramento Bee

Clark Judge, CBSSports.com

John McClain, Houston Chronicle

Gary Myers, New York Daily News

Danny O'Neil, Seattle Times

Pete Prisco, CBSSports.com

Adam Teicher, Kansas City Star

Charean Williams Fort Worth Star-Telegram

Don't forget #18. Ed Bouchette actually changed his vote from Byrd to Cushing. Ponder that one.

:D

right, you'd never want to admit to being wrong, would you? better to take the Leonidas way out ... what was that defer and defend or something, and bring up Gallileo?

jw

Once again, I find it funny that people are outraged at VOTERS for a meaningless award and not outraged at the NFL. The NFL knowingly let a violator of their drug testing system play an entire 16 game season at a Pro Bowl level.

Doesn't his 2010 four game suspension simply mean that he can juice for an extra 2-3 weeks this summer?

Get over the ROY vote. Byrd didn't really deserve it anyways. Why does the appeals process take 8 months? Why wouldn't a team built for success (say, Dallas or San Diego) just tell their entire team to use steriods for the whole season, and they can appeal all of the results, win the Super Bowl, and then worry about it later?

Once again, I find it funny that people are outraged at VOTERS for a meaningless award and not outraged at the NFL. The NFL knowingly let a violator of their drug testing system play an entire 16 game season at a Pro Bowl level.

Doesn't his 2010 four game suspension simply mean that he can juice for an extra 2-3 weeks this summer?

Get over the ROY vote. Byrd didn't really deserve it anyways. Why does the appeals process take 8 months? Why wouldn't a team built for success (say, Dallas or San Diego) just tell their entire team to use steriods for the whole season, and they can appeal all of the results, win the Super Bowl, and then worry about it later?

that is an interesting point, which never occurred to me. nice.

jw

I can't speak for my bosses, who made this unprecedented choice of having a revote in the first place.

I still can't see how the AP is to blame for Cushing retaining this award in the black-and-white world you live in.

Wouldn't be better for you to question those who actually voted for the candidate you have issue with? Cushing being on or not on the ballot is relatively immaterial. Somone still had to vote for him, right?

Nice, though, to see that after three or four tries, that you are finally be up to speed on the topic at hand. ... That's a start.

jw

So the AP decided to be "Pontius Pilate", and lay it in the lap of the voters.

So the AP decided to be "Pontius Pilate", and lay it in the lap of the voters.

you're kidding right? unless of course you're actually suggesting that Brian Cushing is a religious figure, with the potential of establishing a new religion because he will soon by physically crucified in order to fulfill his destiny here on earth. ...

so no, if that's what you're asking. but then i thought Leonidas "Gallileo" defense was amusing. thanks for topping it.

jw

you're kidding right? unless of course you're actually suggesting that Brian Cushing is a religious figure, with the potential of establishing a new religion because he will soon by physically crucified in order to fulfill his destiny here on earth. ...

so no, if that's what you're asking. but then i thought Leonidas "Gallileo" defense was amusing. thanks for topping it.

jw

:D Nice one!!

jw

Mother of bleepin' Christ! :D:thumbsup:

Cushing went to the same HS I went to and I also played football for them. He's much younger than me. That said, I think its a joke and sends the wrong message. Florio at PFT said he should've not accepted the title after the revote and I agree........

No I am comparing the organiation that you work for, to the Romans that allowed an injustice to happen.They were just as guilty as the people commiting the crime!

but Pilate didn't offer his vote to sports writers. ...

and now that you're backpedaling, why not fully come clean that you were mistaken when making this big high-and-mighty proclamation that you and your daughter will never read an AP story again. will you do the same with the likes of Sports Illustrated, ESPN, CBS, Sporting News and Sirius, plus a number of other publications?

and why stop there: except for the voters who abstained, aren't they all tainted under your AP brush for having involved themselves in this process?

that, i think, is the position you have put yourself in, so keep digging, i'm sure you'll get out of this somewhere.

jw

I am sorry I thought you had a small thread of journalistic integrity. Why don't you go write for the National enquirer. your real good at pumping bullshyt up people's asses.

nice. i'm sure you're daughter's proud of that remark.

jw

sorry MODs, i caught it before it was deleted. i'm fine.