• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people may want to reacquaint themselves with this:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?act=boardrules

Specifically, this part:

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use TBD to post any material which is false and defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

Regards,

the management

Has anyone said specifically why Cushing was allowed to remain in the re vote for DROY but was stripped of his second team all pro honors?

He also remained eligible for the All-Pro team. He merely didn't get enough votes this time to remain in the top four.

He also remained eligible for the All-Pro team. He merely didn't get enough votes this time to remain in the top four.

Thanks. It seems strange to me that apparently the all pro team is more prestigious than D ROY. Or maybe I'm just reading to much into it.

Yeah, I just decided against a poorly thought out post, going for humor, regarding the ever so lovely Lori.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

My fear of fighting her is mainly based on the fact that I'm a coward. I have a very common last name and that proves we are cowards. Just compare names like Custer and Crockett to the most numerous last names and you'll see what I mean. :thumbsup:

Back on topic; (These are the good guys)

CHANGED FROM BRIAN CUSHING (19)

Jarrett Bell, USA Today (Jairus Byrd)

Clifton Brown, The Sporting News (Jairus Byrd)

Rich Cimini, New York Daily News (Clay Matthews)

John Clayton, ESPN The Magazine (Clay Matthews)

Bob Costas, HBO/NBC Sports (Clay Matthews)

John Czarnecki, Fox Sports (Brian Orakpo(notes))

Boomer Esiason, CBS/Westwood One (Jairus Byrd)

Mark Gaughan, Buffalo News (Jairus Byrd)

Nancy Gay, AOL Fanhouse (Jairus Byrd)

Bob Glauber, Newsday (Jairus Byrd)

Dave Goldberg, AOL Fanhouse (Clay Matthews)

Ira Kaufman, Tampa Tribune (Jairus Byrd)

Peter King, Sports Illustrated (Clay Matthews)

Matt Maiocco, Santa Rosa Press Democrat (Clay Matthews)

Alex Marvez, Foxsports.com (Jairus Byrd)

Pat McManamon, Akron Beacon Journal (Jairus Byrd)

Dan Pompei, Chicago Tribune (Clay Matthews)

Adam Schein, Sirius NFL Radio (Brian Orakpo)

Frank Schwab, Colorado Springs Gazette (Clay Matthews)

This had to be one of the most mind-numbing threads that I have read in quite some time, and what's even worse is that I read all 10 pages :thumbsup: .

Haha I read one random page and then just went to the end with my question.

This had to be one of the most mind-numbing threads that I have read in quite some time, and what's even worse is that I read all 10 pages :thumbsup: .

don't fret, i was part of the first 7 pages before taking a break, having dinner and catching the Habs beat the Pens (i know 2 Canadiens' fans that are happy, my brother and Ms. Lori ... :thumbsup:). i just decided to check in on what's going on and am absolutely laughing my behind off at what went on.

that was some good stuff.

to one point that was raised, and i'm not saying this because i'm a company man: i thoroughly agreed with the decision to allow all eligible candidates to be considered, from Cushing on down to all the undrafted rookies who played in the NFL last season.

it allowed the voters to make their own choices given the information that was available -- and obviously, some of that information had changed when the first vote was made in January. it was a fair and honest vote, and it was left to the people -- highly respected journalists all -- to make their respective choices.

the fact the vote came up the way it did is curious, telling, debatable and open to criticism. so? that's what happens sometimes. sometimes life is a square peg fitting into a round hole.

(i know at least one colleague who suggested that the baseball hall of fame vote should be open to all players, including Pete Rose. at least then, the endless debate over Rose could begin moving forward, rather than being stuck in neutral. there's merits to that argument.)

what happened here happened. debate it, discuss it, write letters, whatever.

guess my point is ... no AP writer was involved in casting a ballot ... oh, did i say that already? :thumbsup:

thanks to most of you.

jw

(i know at least one colleague who suggested that the baseball hall of fame vote should be open to all players, including Pete Rose. at least then, the endless debate over Rose could begin moving forward, rather than being stuck in neutral. there's merits to that argument.)

How does he feel about Shoeless Joe. I'm just randomly curious.

don't fret, i was part of the first 7 pages before taking a break, having dinner and catching the Habs beat the Pens (i know 2 Canadiens' fans that are happy, my brother and Ms. Lori ... :thumbsup:). i just decided to check in on what's going on and am absolutely laughing my behind off at what went on.

that was some good stuff.

to one point that was raised, and i'm not saying this because i'm a company man: i thoroughly agreed with the decision to allow all eligible candidates to be considered, from Cushing on down to all the undrafted rookies who played in the NFL last season.

it allowed the voters to make their own choices given the information that was available -- and obviously, some of that information had changed when the first vote was made in January. it was a fair and honest vote, and it was left to the people -- highly respected journalists all -- to make their respective choices.

the fact the vote came up the way it did is curious, telling, debatable and open to criticism. so? that's what happens sometimes. sometimes life is a square peg fitting into a round hole.

what happened here happened. debate it, discuss it, write letters, whatever.

guess my point is ... no AP writer was involved in casting a ballot ... oh, did i say that already? :thumbsup:

thanks to most of you.

jw

I'm not accusing you of being biased but you have to admit these AP writers really effed up this vote. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Who was the D-bag writer that voted for Byrd in the original vote and changed his vote over to Cushing? What a dick what would that guy say to his son if his son wanted to do steroids? Is there any respect for the purity of the game. I mean can't we as a society at least punish those without the veil of doing it the right way?

JW or Lori,

If this is an AP award then why don't the AP vote on it? That seems a little odd to me.

I get the sense that the AP considers itself more of a hard-news based organization that deals more with fact than opinion.

you're kidding right? unless of course you're actually suggesting that Brian Cushing is a religious figure, with the potential of establishing a new religion because he will soon by physically crucified in order to fulfill his destiny here on earth. ...

so no, if that's what you're asking. but then i thought Leonidas "Gallileo" defense was amusing. thanks for topping it.

jw

Oh, holy !@#$ing buffalo ****, this might be the best reply to a mouth-breather I have ever read. :thumbsup:

jw, that drink you said you owe me? I owe you one back. Next time you're in DC...