Classy Coach decides to win at ANY cost.....

taterhill

She's hot and he's a jackass. That kind of "coaching" does nothing to teach sportsmanship to the kids. It was all about having a big shiny trophy for his desk. The "man" is clearly compensating for an inadequacy elsewhere.

She's hot and he's a jackass. That kind of "coaching" does nothing to teach sportsmanship to the kids. It was all about having a big shiny trophy for his desk. The "man" is clearly compensating for an inadequacy elsewhere.

+1 - what a jerk - then to think his team cheered. I would take no pride in that sort of "victory." The guy should be fired.

D-bag. His quote is "You've got to teach her that rules are rules." :rolleyes:

LAMP time: In high school, we were playing Silver Creek HS (Beerbawl's Alma Mater go figure) <_< . There was a little known rule back in the 80's that all bats had to have a ring of tape 18 inches up the handle of the bat (to ensure pine tar isn't over used... thanks George Brett). I come to the plate and hit a double to drive in two runs to take the lead. Silver Creek's coach comes the plate, shows the umpire that the bat I used didn't have the ring of tape and the umpire had to rule the hit (and runs) didn't count and I was out.

Eff you Coach Janisch!

D-bag. His quote is "You've got to teach her that rules are rules." :rolleyes:

LAMP time: In high school, we were playing Silver Creek HS (Beerbawl's Alma Mater go figure) <_< . There was a little known rule back in the 80's that all bats had to have a ring of tape 18 inches up the handle of the bat (to ensure pine tar isn't over used... thanks George Brett). I come to the plate and hit a double to drive in two runs to take the lead. Silver Creek's coach comes the plate, shows the umpire that the bat I used didn't have the ring of tape and the umpire had to rule the hit (and runs) didn't count and I was out.

Eff you Coach Janisch!

:unsure: that was soooooooooooooo different

"I didn't notice the bracelet until after she cleared the height and walked by," he insisted. "[i had] a sinking feeling for her. I didn't want to have to do it. But it's a real rule -- it's in the book -- not something I made up. About 10 years ago, I had a girl who wore an earring in the 4x400 relay and it ended up costing us a CIF title. I feel bad for what happened, but I guarantee you she'll never wear jewelry during a track meet again."

He saw it, but he did not have to report it. What a whiny b <_< ch. If i was anyone at that school i would not celebrate that victory.

The Ultimate D-bag. Good job coach. :rolleyes:

I trained last year to be a track official, although never ended up doing it because schedule for the real job changed and I couldn't adjust to do it. You would be surprised at all the crazy rules that there are for high school track regarding jewelry, clothing, etc. Rule of thumb though for the official involved is to kindly ask the athlete to remove the jewelry. Now I am not defending what the coach in question did by any means because I wouldn't/couldn't have done what he did, but the girl should have known better.

Maybe an injury? A bracelet or necklace got/gets caught in some kind of apparatus in the past?

Probably so. God, what the hell is the world coming to? I am not looking forward to the time when my son starts playing sports because of **** like this...

Is a string bracelet jewelry?

Here in Habana Norte, a girls flag football coach reached out into the field of play and pulled the flag off of an opposing player that was running down the sideline for a touchdown. He denied doing it until a photo of him pulling the flag showed up in the newspaper.

I did, but well before Lacrosse.

Hell, when you went to Silver Creek, Native Americans were playing lacrosse as a way to settle tribal difference still. <_<

... and it wasn't different. My bat DIDN'T have a bracelet and the pole vaulter DID. :rolleyes: