NFL Arrests Database

Pretty interesting find. Enjoy!

<H3>These are arrests and citations involving NFL players since 2000 that were more serious than speeding tickets. The San Diego Union-Tribune reviewed hundreds of news reports and public records in compiling it. The list cannot be considered comprehensive in part because some incidents may not have been reported and some public records proved to be elusive. Increased media coverage of incidents also probably accounts for more incidents listed in recent years.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/nfl/arrests-...nterstitialskip

</H3>

The complete list of numbers only;

St. Louis - 6

Detroit - 7

NY Jets - 7

Philadelphia - 7

San Francisco - 8

Arizona - 9

Dallas - 9

Houston - 9

NE - 11

NY Giants - 11

Washington - 11

GB - 12

Oakland - 12

Atlanta - 13

Buffalo - 13

Seattle - 13

Baltimore - 15

Carolina - 15

Pittsburgh -16

Indianapolis - 17

NO - 17

Chicago - 18

Tampa Bay - 18

Cleveland -20

Tennessee - 22

San Diego - 23

Miami - 24

Jacksonville - 25

KC - 25

Denver - 27 - Brandon Marshall accounts for 4 of them.

Minnesota - 30

Cincinnati - 31

Some of these are flat out hillarious..

2/14/2009 Jeff Reed Pittsburgh K_ Cited for criminal mischief and disorderly conduct after allegedly throwing tantrum in restroom of convenience store. He allegedly damaged towel dispenser after finding it empty.

Kickers in rage!

I wonder if the NBA list is longer or shorter than this pathetic display. I bet'cha the NHL hardly has anybody.

I'd take that bet. Anywhere you have 20 year olds becoming millionaires overnight you'll see this stuff, no matter which sport they happen to be good at.

I am wondering why the NFL hasn’t started up some chauffer program to try and minimize all the drunk driving which seems like the top problem.

I'd take that bet. Anywhere you have 20 year olds becoming millionaires overnight you'll see this stuff, no matter which sport they happen to be good at.

I am wondering why the NFL hasn’t started up some chauffer program to try and minimize all the drunk driving which seems like the top problem.

There are a lot fewer 20 year old NHL millionaires than there are 20 year old NFL millionaires.

I would also say that the amount of parental involvement required for a child to play organized hockey probably impacts the numbers. A parent has to really care about his kid for that kid to play hockey (it's expensive, and can be a huge time commitment.)

Pretty interesting find. Enjoy!

http://www.signonsandiego.com/nfl/arrests-...nterstitialskip

</H3>

Thanks for posting. Man that really sucks about McIntyre, I wonder if players gave him a hard time about that after the charges were dropped. I imagine you could really have some fun with that one. Just reading it, I almost pissed my pants.

I wonder if the NBA list is longer or shorter than this pathetic display. I bet'cha the NHL hardly has anybody.

I would bet that arrest rates in other sports don't compare at all to the NFL. Much as many fans refuse to admit it, it often takes a borderline sociopath to play professional football well. Lawrence Taylor is being vilified for what he did right now, but throughout his career he was paid millions to hurt people badly. People still celebrate what he did to Theismann. Expecting NFL players to turn it off in civilian life is naive, I think. No other sport compares to the NFL when it comes to violence. The NHL is a walk in the park by comparison.

The complete list of numbers only;

St. Louis - 6

Detroit - 7

NY Jets - 7

Philadelphia - 7

San Francisco - 8

Arizona - 9

Dallas - 9

Houston - 9

NE - 11

NY Giants - 11

Washington - 11

GB - 12

Oakland - 12

Atlanta - 13

Buffalo - 13

Seattle - 13

Baltimore - 15

Carolina - 15

Pittsburgh -16

Indianapolis - 17

NO - 17

Chicago - 18

Tampa Bay - 18

Cleveland -20

Tennessee - 22

San Diego - 23

Miami - 24

Jacksonville - 25

KC - 25

Denver - 27 - Brandon Marshall accounts for 4 of them.

Minnesota - 30

Cincinnati - 31

Mean Average: 15.66

Median Average: 13

Bills: 13

I would bet that arrest rates in other sports don't compare at all to the NFL. Much as many fans refuse to admit it, it often takes a borderline sociopath to play professional football well. Lawrence Taylor is being vilified for what he did right now, but throughout his career he was paid millions to hurt people badly. People still celebrate what he did to Theismann. Expecting NFL players to turn it off in civilian life is naive, I think. No other sport compares to the NFL when it comes to violence. The NHL is a walk in the park by comparison.

I agree, Dave. Although there are a lot of violent sports, IMO nothing compares to professional football for sheer magnitude of violence.

It takes a "special" person to psychologically cope with knowing that any play might be your last.