Which QB will be best at hitting an accurate long ball?

Shows how much you've actually watched Brohm in the pros or even in college. He has a weaker arm than Fitz.

Huh? WTF are you talking about? B-)

Where exactly did you watch Brohm play in the pros??? :thumbsup:

(Dude's had exactly 1 NFL start, with the Bills, last December, after 2 weeks practice, with a limited playlist, non-existent o-line, disinterested receivers corps, and one of the league's worst offenses. As for college, dude was a Heisman candidate and projected #1 overall pick after his junior season.)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Brohm had some references in the reports as having thrown a long pass, the rest were attributed to Brown. I really like Brohm and hope he steps up to the challenge, but your claim regarding he's being quoted in the reports as throwing long more than Brown just don't hold water.

I didnt say that...I said people are quoting things said about Brohm as if they were said about Brown in various threads on here...and you are not taking into consideration the 3 video reports either...

Guest dog14787
At this stage of the game we still no nothing about our young players in attendance. The preseason games will begin to reveal what we've got.

Maybe a few hints though,

Folks are already talking about how fast and dangerous Spiller looks in practice and the big framed Easley swiftly became a favored target for our QB's during Mini camp.

Guest dog14787
JP Losman threw a great longball.

It's only one aspect of the game, don't get too excited about it.

JP could chunk a ball into the heavens and have it fall back down to earth perfectly in Lee Evans hands, and it was a thing of beauty :thumbsup:

I think you're giving up on him too soon. He hasn't seen a lot of playing time, and I do recall a preseason game where as a rookie he took one deep from Losman. I wouldn't bet the rent on him, but if he finds his comfort zone he has the physical tools to dominate.

To answer OPs ? I'd have to assume Brohm just b/c Fitz and TE only have average arm strength.

Nah. I'm not saying give up on him. Dance with who brung ya. But, I'm not standing in line to give him a blow job like some others for his being a bad player who's done zero to prove himself. Sure, he has a chance to be an average player with some major strides. But, he has a ways to go to get there and that's far short (and far more realistic) than being a dominant NFL player.

The Bills have a lot of speed at wide out with Evans, Easley, Jackson Parrish, even Hardy was fast for his size coming out of college. Which Buffalo QB will do best at hitting his WR in stride down the field?

Accuracy means nothing if you're too afraid to throw it, so that leaves Trentative out.

Fitz's accuracy isn't too consistent so it's down to Brohm and Bad, Bad Levi Brown.

Accuracy means nothing if you're too afraid to throw it, so that leaves Trentative out.

Fitz's accuracy isn't too consistent so it's down to Brohm and Bad, Bad Levi Brown.

not to mention trent's deep throws were usually rainbows that didnt hit the man in stride, taking touchdowns and turning them into long gainers.

I'm going to have to go with the unpopular answer and say Trent Edwards. I have zero faith in Fitzpatrick, obviously, and I don't believe Brohm is an NFL caliber QB either. Levi Brown is the real unknown here, but when considering that we are talking about a rookie QB playing behind an indescribably horrible offensive line, I feel like even with his tentativeness in the pocket, Trent is going to be much more suited to handling the pressure and making the throws, because he has been there before. You have to understand that neither Brohm nor Brown have been behind center for a meaningful amount of snaps, and their performance in a game time environment is going to be significantly less effective than when they are out there lobbing balls around during spring training.

I'm not advocating Trent as a good QB here. I'm simply saying that in the end, he is probably going to be our best option at QB this year, even when it comes to throwing it deep. I'm about 80% convinced he will be the opening day starter once again.

Too bad we didn't get Tebow. I hope he blows the record books away in Denver.

Pollyanna, sipping the Kool-Aid, says, "On the bright side, Trentative hasn't proven he can't throw the long strikes with precision. The sample set is too small to draw statistical conclusions from."

Perhaps we should take a 30 year sample until we can say that Edwards sucks at it......OR....we could just look at the sample size we do have and use our eyes to know that he can't.

Perhaps we should take a 30 year sample until we can say that Edwards sucks at it......OR....we could just look at the sample size we do have and use our eyes to know that he can't.

I forgot the smiley, but I was being sarcastic. I'm not holding out hopes of Trent being the QB of the future at all.

It looks to me like Chan is going to use this season to try and figure out what he has on the offensive side of the ball. The offensive scheme was so chaotic and lousy, that it never gave the players a chance for success. Besides, it wasn't like they could bring in 53 new players in 1 off-season, and the strength of the HC now is offense. We'll see what he can do as far as coaching them out of the hole they've dug.

Hardy at 6'5 ran a 4.46 at the combine

In the short time Hardy has actually played, he's had trouble catching catchable passes. Perhaps it's something that can be fixed, perhaps not. Maybe we'll get a chance to actually see him play this season.

Translation: if he is ever matched up 1 on 1 with an offensive lineman defending him, he'll be able to run right past him.

A couple of notes: Combine 40 time was before the docs put the rusty screws in his shredded knee. Where it counts, on the field, Hardy couldn't get separation from anyone; he was useless and defenses took him out of the game entirely with a backup defensive back with no help. Trying to sell Hardly as a speed merchant is ejected out of hand as a false start.

They say on average it take a rookie receiver 3 years to transition to the NFL he hasn't had one & the first year he was used sparingly & had a half whit head coach that had a hard time recognizing offensive talent let alone knowing how to use it , give the guy a break !!!!

They say on average it take a rookie receiver 3 years to transition to the NFL he hasn't had one & the first year he was used sparingly & had a half whit head coach that had a hard time recognizing offensive talent let alone knowing how to use it , give the guy a break !!!!

Not an inspiring argument. :D