Bills - Ravens agree on deal for Gaither?

I can see the Bills going hard after Gaither, who is young and has 33 starts at LT. He's a very good player when properly motivated.

Word is that his agent advised him to not practice while a trade is worked out the Bills, lest he injure himself in the process.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Bills trade a R3 and CB Youboty for LT Gaither.

Even though the Bills' 2011 R2 pick will likely be a top 10 pick, I would still consider trading it for a potential ong time starter at LT like Gaither.

The Bills won't involve McKelvin (our best CB and likely a long term player for us) in this trade as has been rumored.

If the Bills can fill the LT spot this year they will be in a much better position to compete this year and have a much better shot at contending fo the division title the following year.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see the Bills going hard after Gaither, who is young and has 33 starts at LT. He's a very good player when properly motivated.

Word is that his agent advised him to not practice while a trade is worked out the Bills, lest he injure himself in the process.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Bills trade a R3 and CB Youboty for LT Gaither.

Even though the Bills' 2011 R2 pick will likely be a top 10 pick, I would still consider trading it for a potential ong time starter at LT like Gaither.

The Bills won't involve McKelvin (our best CB and likely a long term player for us) in this trade as has been rumored.

If the Bills can fill the LT spot this year they will be in a much better position to compete this year and have a much better shot at contending fo the division title the following year.

I think Baltimore's price is too high for him right now. Ossie says no team has made a legit offer as per PFT granted some of this is posturing but Youbuty and a 5th or a 2nd would be about my limit.

I'd ive a second rounder for Gaither, and probably even throw in Corner, or Youboty. Yes Gaither has motivational issues, and theresquestions as to whether or not he'sbestsuited for RT long term. But he's heads and shoulders better than anyone on the Bills roster at his position right now. He'd also let the Bill solidify 3/5ths of there Offensive line for the next decade. I think it all comes down to the contract. If the Bills can hammer out a contract for him that's fair for both sides, then the deal happens. If they cant, well then it wont. Unless you want to Orlando Pace him , and just keep slapping the franchise tag on him season after season.

I'd ive a second rounder for Gaither, and probably even throw in Corner, or Youboty. Yes Gaither has motivational issues, and theresquestions as to whether or not he'sbestsuited for RT long term. But he's heads and shoulders better than anyone on the Bills roster at his position right now. He'd also let the Bill solidify 3/5ths of there Offensive line for the next decade. I think it all comes down to the contract. If the Bills can hammer out a contract for him that's fair for both sides, then the deal happens. If they cant, well then it wont. Unless you want to Orlando Pace him , and just keep slapping the franchise tag on him season after season.

Jamaal Brown or Gaither... they're both better than what we have now. Brown can probably be had for cheaper since he's coming off an injury and totally expendable. He's also a free agent after 2010. Maybe Schobel or Whitner straight-up gets it done. Heck, Gregg-O might even have an interest in Kelsay as well. Bills probably wouldn't even need or want to give Brown an extension before he proves he's healthy. Can always franchise him if he returns to Pro Bowl form. So he's probably less expensive compensation and money-wise.

How bad of a team do you have to be to have your 2nd round pick in the top 10 picks?!

Listening to Sirius NFL Radio....Ozzie Newsome just said he hasn't received a trade offer worthy of consideration, also on Sunday, Gaither injured his foot and will have an MRI Monday. FWIW.