NFL Execs expect Gathier trade

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if this was posted but...... Today Serius radio was mentioning Donte Witner as potential 'trade bait' for Baltimore.

Ed Reed had surgery and Baltimore may need a veteran Back-up to step in and fill a void until Reed fully recovers (or if he never fully recovers)

It makes some sense therefore we may not need to give up anything higher than a 3rd or even a fourth next year if coupled with the Witner trade.

The Bills managing to trade Donte for a quality LT would have to qualify as an early Christmas for Bill in NYC!

Here's hoping for it! :thumbsup:

Not sure if this was posted but...... Today Serius radio was mentioning Donte Witner as potential 'trade bait' for Baltimore.

Ed Reed had surgery and Baltimore may need a veteran Back-up to step in and fill a void until Reed fully recovers (or if he never fully recovers)

It makes some sense therefore we may not need to give up anything higher than a 3rd or even a fourth next year if coupled with the Witner trade.

Now I know it's not going to happen...

Too good to be true... :thumbsup:

I'm a little concerned that BAL decided to move him over to RT for early workouts. If they don't like his attitude, they wouldn't make such a blatant move and expect another team to fork over a 2nd rounder. They'd leave him at LOT.

Also, he's going to demand a large contract extension, as he'll be heading into the 4th and final year of his rookie contract. I can see him getting 7+M per over 4 or more seasons.

Right. They have to sign him or it's a one year rental.

What are you guys drinking? Smoking? If LTs are at a premium and the Ravens want to trade their supposed great LT, does that not raise a red flag? Or twenty? Who gets rid of a top-flight, young left tackle if all is well. The guy is Jason Peters, Jr., a malcontent who is never going to be happy with his situation or his contract. Plus, by all reports, his motivation is questionable, his attitude is poor, and his work habits are lousy.

Just forget about it. Why would a team trade a so-ca;;ed ;eft tackle for anything other than what we could affordcin draft picks? As someone said, just watch him being a Mike Williams while we give up a top 10 pick in 2011.

What are you guys drinking? Smoking? If LTs are at a premium and the Ravens want to trade their supposed great LT, does that not raise a red flag? Or twenty? Who gets rid of a top-flight, young left tackle if all is well. The guy is Jason Peters, Jr., a malcontent who is never going to be happy with his situation or his contract. Plus, by all reports, his motivation is questionable, his attitude is poor, and his work habits are lousy.

Have you never heard of Oher?

I'm over at the Raven's message board looking at what some of them are expecting for a deal like this.

It gets pretty ridiculous. Things like Byrd, McKelvin and picks just for Gaither or saying that next years first round pick wouldn't be enough.

I think they're going to be disappointed no matter where he is dealt.

I'm over at the Raven's message board looking at what some of them are expecting for a deal like this.

It gets pretty ridiculous. Things like Byrd, McKelvin and picks just for Gaither or saying that next years first round pick wouldn't be enough.

I think they're going to be disappointed no matter where he is dealt.

yea they are tards they will not get a 1 nor those listed players. they will get a 2 and thats it.