Major board uprades coming relatively soon...

SDS

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That reminds me SDS, a way long time ago there was a thread about donations to help support TBD and TSW... how doesw one contribute to our neighborhood association?

Ok, here we go again. Checks made payable to Chef Jim mailing address San Francisco.

just a suggestion.....if you could somehow make it possible to make the shout box bigger that would be nice. sometimes things get rolling and its hard to read when you can only see one or two comments at a time.

otherwise you do a great job. looking forward to it!

IPB 3.1 is coming out soon (I hope). It is in Beta now. As soon as it's out and I update the skin (which is fairly complete already) I will be upgrading. This past winter got too crazy for me to jump to the 3.0.x series.

Along with a ton of new features, many surrounding social networking, there are greatly improved moderation tools. Perhaps that will help a bit...

:doh::wallbash: I like the features so far. Thank you for everything!

You say upgrades pertaining to social networking, any chance there'll be an @mention feature that will ping like Twitter?

Probably not in the official release, but twitter just announced that API and I'm certain there will be a mod for it.

This site already does everything I need it to do. It's easily navigated from my phone already. I hate phone ready skins. You can't access all the stuff you want. Why can't developers resist "upgrading" for once. Who here hasn't found the new NHL site a pain. It took 6 monhs of work with unlimited resources just to begin to address the bugs. It's so overblown it crashes your system. Please keep it the way it is. I better have an animated projected 3D hologram of bruce coming around the edge to make this all worth it.

This site already does everything I need it to do. It's easily navigated from my phone already. I hate phone ready skins. You can't access all the stuff you want. Why can't developers resist "upgrading" for once. Who here hasn't found the new NHL site a pain. It took 6 monhs of work with unlimited resources just to begin to address the bugs. It's so overblown it crashes your system. Please keep it the way it is. I better have an animated projected 3D hologram of bruce coming around the edge to make this all worth it.

Dude, I haven't upgraded this board's software for YEARS. I skipped like 10 versions. Eventually, it becomes a security risk as this version is no longer supported. Not to mention, the way people interact on the internet evolves over time....

Probably not in the official release, but twitter just announced that API and I'm certain there will be a mod for it.

I guess I meant the ability to type something like @SDS or @Simon, etc. and the text would become a link to the user profile and the user would be pinged accordingly, letting them know they've been mentioned. I didn't mean that this site would actually be synced with other accounts like Twitter.

Dude, I haven't upgraded this board's software for YEARS. I skipped like 10 versions. Eventually, it becomes a security risk as this version is no longer supported. Not to mention, the way people interact on the internet evolves over time....

Change is difficult for some. Thanks for doing this. Though Romes has a

point on limited access to features with some phone skins.

IPB 3.1 is coming out soon (I hope). It is in Beta now. As soon as it's out and I update the skin (which is fairly complete already) I will be upgrading. This past winter got too crazy for me to jump to the 3.0.x series.

Along with a ton of new features, many surrounding social networking, there are greatly improved moderation tools. Perhaps that will help a bit...

Something from the National Ignition Facility, perhaps?

I guess I meant the ability to type something like @SDS or @Simon, etc. and the text would become a link to the user profile and the user would be pinged accordingly, letting them know they've been mentioned. I didn't mean that this site would actually be synced with other accounts like Twitter.

how do you foresee them being pinged? PM? Email? Other?

Right, Facebook does the same thing in its status updates now ... but only if the person is on your friends list, I think. Not sure about that, though.

Change is difficult for some. Thanks for doing this. Though Romes has a

point on limited access to features with some phone skins.

the mobile skin will load by default, but a logged in user will be able to save their skin preferences I believe. So you can choose the full one if you wish.

how do you foresee them being pinged? PM? Email? Other?

Would have to include a function similar to Twitter's "@<username>" link on the profile page, I guess.