Any Diamond experts here? I need to sell one

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy's going to shoot Steve AND the buyer to take the cash AND the ring... :doh:

And if it was you, the buyer would want to return it for full price because the girl rejected it when the buyer proposed, even though you had said no returns.

And if it was you, the buyer would want to return it for full price because the girl rejected it when the buyer proposed, even though you had said no returns.

Thanks for reminding me... I have to relist the scanner tonight (I've scanned 15 images over 6 negatives, and not a single issue...). :doh::wallbash:

A few days late with that.....

It's not, when you compare it to Ebay. And it's good of the pawn shop owner to both give you the advice and offer his store as a meeting point. I've seen stories about people selling jewelry on CL, giving out their home address to the buyer, then getting broken into or ripped off.

AP Video: Man advertising diamond ring on Craigslist killed by thieves posing a buyers

Again, don't want to discuss the details, but I'll bite: I'd rather give myself a root canal with a rusty spoon dipped in vinegar than have her keep it.

Now, please no more moral, karma, etc posts. Just advice.

Newspaper?

Will you keep possession of your dog? :thumbsup:

Thanks for reminding me... I have to relist the scanner tonight (I've scanned 15 images over 6 negatives, and not a single issue...). :beer:0:)

Your instincts were right on that, I believe. The douche probably had a dozen photos he needed scanned and scammed you out of a sale by "renting" your scanner. There are lots of sleazy people slinking around the world.

Steve, sorry about the split. I've got nuttin' for you about cashin' in the ring though.

Or you could hold onto it for your second wife, but it would be much cooler if you pulled it out of your pocket during a poker game for an awesome check-raise. That would be bad-a$$.

I vote for this.

I really don't know why people get married anymore. The current way of things is serial monogamy, at best. We knock the old days and call it politically incorrect, but the medieval mindset --- that women are either stupid, batsh-- crazy, or will sleep with anything that moves

(and thence, many a man's sister's children were treated better than that man's own children; b/c they are guaranteed to be some at least percentage of blood relation) --- hit it on the nose w/o all the dancing around. The current 'Me! Me! Me!' social order has just taken it even more full-bore, only we have Maury Povich and his DNA tests to save the day(!). Just by the tone and what was written, I'm 95 percent sure what drove the split.