I believe in this team. I don't even get all the negativity.

I don't understand why there is so much negativity and pessimism about this team. We had a bad year last year. We had 20 guys on IR, including a bunch of quality starters (db's, lb's, most of the OL, qb, etc) and a first round pick who was playing out of position.

We had a coach who in perhaps the worst move in the history of the team, decided to go with a no-huddle offense that accomplished absolutely nothing. He fired the OC a week before the season and cut the LT. His strength and conditioning coach was a disaster.

That regime is gone.

I believe that Trent Edwards can be coached back into the player we once trusted...the guy who was 4-0 two years ago, and the guy who had New England on the ropes in the opener last year. That guy is in dire need of a coach with a plan, and now he has one.

We drafted the most explosive player in quite some time, and we also got a bunch of players who will help to make the 3-4 a tough scheme to run against. We already have a great defensive backfield. Now we will have a better defense that you cannot run against.

We played just about everybody tough last year, including New England twice. We beat the Jets. Despite having all those injuries and a coach with no direction, we still managed to have some quality performances on the field.

This will be a playoff team.

are you freakin kidding me? why is there so much negativity? were you asleep the past decade? bad year last year, how about bad decade.....

we will have a better defense that you cant run against....c'mon man...wake up. how can you even believe what you are writing. Poz, Mitchell and ? at LB, that sure puts fear into the NFL. And our DT will be a rookie, and our ends suck......Jauron sucked, i agree...But all we got is a retread that couldnt catch on as an NFL head coach in a decade.

playoffs? maybe in about 5 years.....right now you can just enjoy seeing everyday how they have signed another 3 undrafted FA's while the Jets are adding Cromartie/Holmes and LT and the Dolphins are adding Dansby/Marshall and the Pats are the Pats and wonder how they will compete.....

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that Buddy knows how to evaluate talent and bring in good talent - and I think that's his top priority as the Bills GM. Now he's given Chan enough players to build a competitive football team with. Chan seems like the kind of coach who is a consistent, tough opponent. I liked that he said he wants to make the Bills what they once had - a feared home field. I like that they seem to know that Buffalo is as much a part of this team as a coach or player - and that they aren't trying to force an idea into a place where it doesn't belong - like Jauron seemed to try to make this team small and fast - which might be o.k. for a dome, but in this cold, nasty weather place a big, hard hitting, tough running football team would work better and would at least recognize the elements and allow them to work for us. That is kind of hitting it on the head, I think - I get the impression these guys are going to use everything they can to work for us, in a focused, singular way, and I think we'll finally, for the first time in a decade, have a team that we'll recognize week in and out, and I think we'll have a team that players will want to come to this time next year. We will be taken seriously again.

Let's wait to see how Torrell Troup and Kyle Williams perform at the nose before suggesting no one will be able to run against us. Oh, and did you realize that we have no outside linebackers currently on the roster? If you think Maybin is a natural for OLB, you may want to ask yourself why Perry Fewell preferred Bryan Scott at the position late in the year. It may be easy to run to the outside and up the middle.

I don't understand why there is so much negativity and pessimism about this team. We had a bad year last year. We had 20 guys on IR, including a bunch of quality starters (db's, lb's, most of the OL, qb, etc) and a first round pick who was playing out of position.

We had a coach who in perhaps the worst move in the history of the team, decided to go with a no-huddle offense that accomplished absolutely nothing. He fired the OC a week before the season and cut the LT. His strength and conditioning coach was a disaster.

That regime is gone.

I believe that Trent Edwards can be coached back into the player we once trusted...the guy who was 4-0 two years ago, and the guy who had New England on the ropes in the opener last year. That guy is in dire need of a coach with a plan, and now he has one.

We drafted the most explosive player in quite some time, and we also got a bunch of players who will help to make the 3-4 a tough scheme to run against. We already have a great defensive backfield. Now we will have a better defense that you cannot run against.

We played just about everybody tough last year, including New England twice. We beat the Jets. Despite having all those injuries and a coach with no direction, we still managed to have some quality performances on the field.

Although I don't know if we'll make it to the playoffs(sure would be cool tho), but I do share in your optimism that we will be a better team. YOU DO REALIZE though, that every negative fan is now going to come out of the woodwork to answer here, don't you?

I believe that Buddy knows how to evaluate talent and bring in good talent - and I think that's his top priority as the Bills GM. Now he's given Chan enough players to build a competitive football team with. Chan seems like the kind of coach who is a consistent, tough opponent. I liked that he said he wants to make the Bills what they once had - a feared home field. I like that they seem to know that Buffalo is as much a part of this team as a coach or player - and that they aren't trying to force an idea into a place where it doesn't belong - like Jauron seemed to try to make this team small and fast - which might be o.k. for a dome, but in this cold, nasty weather place a big, hard hitting, tough running football team would work better and would at least recognize the elements and allow them to work for us. That is kind of hitting it on the head, I think - I get the impression these guys are going to use everything they can to work for us, in a focused, singular way, and I think we'll finally, for the first time in a decade, have a team that we'll recognize week in and out, and I think we'll have a team that players will want to come to this time next year. We will be taken seriously again.

well said

Let's wait to see how Torrell Troup and Kyle Williams perform at the nose before suggesting no one will be able to run against us. Oh, and did you realize that we have no outside linebackers currently on the roster? If you think Maybin is a natural for OLB, you may want to ask yourself why Perry Fewell preferred Bryan Scott at the position late in the year. It may be easy to run to the outside and up the middle.

maybe he exaggerated a little about no one being able to run against us. but it IS looking like we will be much better against the run. and as for no olb, our new coaching staff thinks maybin will be a fit on the outside. fewell is gone and i could care less what he thinks now. But we also signed Andra davis,drafted Battan and got some undrafted players, and Schobel if he doesnt retire. AND, what a lot of you guys seem to forget, is the roster is not set yet. wait till camp opens and then we'll have a better idea what we are missing.

AND, what a lot of you guys seem to forget, is the roster is not set yet. wait till camp opens and then we'll have a better idea what we are missing.

you are correct

by the time the season rolls around, Ralph's hatchet boy will have cut loose Schobel, Kelsay, and Stroouid to save some big bucks since none of them have ever played a 3-4

I don't believe in Trent anymore. I just don't think he has all the tools to be a good NFL QB. I do, however, believe this good 'ol boy regime has something going on here. I like that they are signing players who seem like solid guys with a lot of productivity in college. This is the future core of the team and I'm excited about it.

That regime is gone.

The Bills are in a tough Division...It would take some tremendous breaks for them to get to 10 Wins...But it's not impossible...Just a bit improbable...

In a way I'm drinking the Kool-Aid a bit...I'm impressed with Nix/Gailey so far because I believe they want to Run the Ball and stop the Run in 2010...In 2011 I think they'll go and get the QB and LT if necessary...I like the plan so far...I think The Bills will give many Teams fits this Season...I think they'll be a LOT better than most "experts" think they'll be...But in the end I see them winning between 6-9 Games depending on the QB's...And I don't think that's bad at all... :nana:

That regime is gone.

I'm with you brother! While last year was a good draft for the Bills (could be great if Maybin pans out), I think we'll look back at this one as what brought the Bills back to the playoffs and beyond! I have a very good feeling about Carrington... Not a glorious position, but he and Troup will anchor a run D we haven't seen since Big Ted.

I guess I am crazy to root for a team win, lose or draw, but I do! I love the Buffalo Bills. I am so sick of the negativity on this board! The whole Tim Graham thing only infuriates me more!

Yes this team has lost a lot more than won as of recent but it has been a great ride!

All I read now is a post pointing out someones insight, viewpoint, or most recent news topic on the Bills. Within three points of that thread someone has flamed him. If you do not have something intelligent, worthwhile, interesting, or some times even witty, STFU! Go waste your time somewhere else, negativity attracts negativity. When you constantly look at the negative aspects about something you never see the positives. Than again, some of you seem like absolute morons, cry-babies, and sissies. Grow up kids...

I think you may be right,we really dont know what to expect this year from this team.New defensive sceem,coaching and players.Maybe this is the making of a playoff team.Time will tell,but we have to have a winning record in our division first before we can even think about playoffs,and are we going to be able to finally beat the Pats?

That really wide button on the bottom of your keyboard is the Space Bar, fyi.

Did anyone else catch this in the bb.com article yesterday about the free agent guard we signed from Georgia Tech?

"Howard (6’4” 314) was a 1st Team All-ACC performer in 2009 for the Yellow Jackets at guard helping Tech rank second in the country in rushing (295 ypg).

This Georgia Tech stat was a new one on me - very impressive. Apparently Gailey knows how to build a running game. With this background and the addition of Spiller in the first round (as opposed to focusing on a QB) I happen to think that Buddy and Gailey are building this team with the singular focus of becoming a hard-nosed, run-first, Baltimore Ravens type team. I do see things coming together in that direction. I like the plan, and the focus on a single identity.

As long as there have been performances (on the field or on the stage), there have been critics. Trying to encourage better performances for some is not just about showing up at the venue blindly cheering on the home town.

There is a difference between being negative to just be negative and those who would like to see/buy a better product. The Bills have a 66-94 record since 2000 so it is not unreasonable to expect some negativity. If a post looks negative, you have the option of not reading it. This, of course is probably what the Bill's marketing department would like you to do (only happy thoughts).

Constructive criticism is not bad and it would be great if there weren't any haters in the world. But if nobody ever said anything negative, DJ would still be coaching the Bills.

And yet still our best player and likely only Pro Bowler is the punter.

Wish we were one of those teams that has a half dozen or more Pro Bowl-caliber players.

And we have the most underrated player int he league...Lindell. When was the last time a K & P led a team to the playoffs? Could it happen here?!?! nope

That regime is gone.

It's not pessimism, it's realism. And your post is filled with cockeyed pie-in-the-sky optimism. As long as you know that, there's nothing wrong with it. But if you feel seriously that you're being realistic, you need to take some time off and evaluate things.

Playing people tough? Who cares? What shows up on the scoreboard is the only important thing. Look back over the last three or four years. We always play people tough. We just don't win. And somehow, playing the Cowboys tough on Monday night just didn't make me feel good after the game. Expect a lot of playing tough again this year. And more losses than wins.

We're building this team for the future.

evans is a top 3 deep threat

I happen to agree with you, but:

1) That doesn't make him a top 3 reciever, which is the main point, and ...

2) We could have Larry Fitzgerald on this team and it wouldn't make a difference. There are only so many times you can run a reverse. At some point somebody has to throw to Lee, and clearly that didn't happen last year, even when he was open a great deal of the time.

That regime is gone.

we might be moving forward but this team will be lucky to win 5 games in 2010

Did anyone else catch this in the bb.com article yesterday about the free agent guard we signed from Georgia Tech?

"Howard (6’4” 314) was a 1st Team All-ACC performer in 2009 for the Yellow Jackets at guard helping Tech rank second in the country in rushing (295 ypg).

This Georgia Tech stat was a new one on me - very impressive. Apparently Gailey knows how to build a running game. With this background and the addition of Spiller in the first round (as opposed to focusing on a QB) I happen to think that Buddy and Gailey are building this team with the singular focus of becoming a hard-nosed, run-first, Baltimore Ravens type team. I do see things coming together in that direction. I like the plan, and the focus on a single identity.

You do realize that Gailey hasn't been at Georgia Tech since '07, right?

SSDD