So How Many BCS Championships Did Georgia Tech Win?

a lot of people in their job for the 1st time at the NFL level or were picked out of cronyism.

Not to beat a dead horse, but so what. Our former O-line coach, who many on TSW declared a bum, was hired by Pittsburgh. Did the the Steelers suddenly became stupid?

Gailey was hired in mid-January and most good NFL assistant coaches were already employed. I suppose he could have picked guys from other NFL teams that had fired their HCs, but then TSW would be bitching that he was hiring losers...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The college football championship is a beauty contest and hardly a real title in my book, and will remain such until there is a playoff. As for the NFL no SB winning coach has ever won it again with a different team. I also don't think any BCS winning coahes ever won a SB either, so your theory is out the window there, too. In fact most SB winning coaches are first-time head coaches. Back to the drawing board, bud.

PTR

Well there you have it! The new mantra on this board is, "At least we don't suck as bad as last year!"

LOL. Good Point.

I was born and raised in Pittsburgh, and I love the Bills first, but also the Pirates and Penguins. It's amazing what my expectations are for the Penguins, as compared to the Pirates and Bills. I probably like two teams that are the worst two teams in their sport.

When Lemieux took over the Pens though, it raised expectation levels. However, the Pirates and Bills.......LOL. Still love em, but hey you are right, "At least we don't suck as bad as last year".

:rolleyes:

I recently had a long conversation with a retired football coach who is not only very close friends with Chan Gailey, but has also been assocaited with NINE college football championship teams, including a handful with Ohio State. He told me that coach Gailey was somewhat out of his element with college ball, and that he was much better suited for the pros.

When Lemieux took over the Pens though, it raised expectation levels. However, the Pirates and Bills.......LOL. Still love em, but hey you are right, "At least we don't suck as bad as last year".

Having the first overall pick when Lemieux and Crosby are in the draft didn't hurt, either.

No it's not, and no we don't know that. Our OL coach was better last year and our STs coach too and most likely our defensive coordinator too. There's a reason he got snapped up by the Giants. Most of this year's coaches we just have no idea about.

OL coach? That remains to be seen. ST's probably, although they stunk last year. As for DC, it was time to dump the Tampa-2. And the Giants' DC last year was bad, so their hiring of Fewell doesn't prove anything.

Or that he spends his money on his team. The REALLY doesn't hurt.

Please. Fleury and Crosby were chosen 1st overall. Malkin was 2nd overall. Staal was 3rd overall. Maybe the Bills and Sabres should be the dregs of their respective leagues for 4 years and load up on players.

Well there you have it! The new mantra on this board is, "At least we don't suck as bad as last year!"

a poor conclusion - the statement stands as is: we are better off this year with respext to the coaching staff - and as far as your "At least we don't suck as bad as last year!" mantra is concerned . . . it makes wonder which is more worthless and pathetic that post or the poster of that post

a poor conclusion - the statement stands as is: we are better off this year with respext to the coaching staff - and as far as your "At least we don't suck as bad as last year!" mantra is concerned . . . it makes wonder which is more worthless and pathetic that post or the poster of that post

It must get exhausting trying to act so smart. Remember, true intelligence is gauged by ones choices.

Nick Saban and Pete Carroll have really done well in the pro game?

Who cares how GT did? They did well enough and Gailey has had MORE PRO GAME success than either of those guys who excelled at the college game. Why don't we compare AA baseball and managing the Yankees. The two are unrelated!

Buddy Nix, our GM hired only to "win games", signed undrafted OL Cord Howard out of Georgia Tech after the draft this past week. Cord feels right at home coming to Buffalo, as he said, “I feel like it will be, I’m not going to say easy, because you’ve still got to work wherever you go, but at the same time you’re still comfortable with your setting,” Howard said. “I have my same offensive line coach, my head coach, my offensive coordinator and my strength coach there. So it’s basically being reunited with my beginning.”

Isn't that nice for Cord? However I would have felt better if Georgia Tech might have at least defeated Georgia once during Chan and his gangs' career together there! Great job, Buddy. Nothing like turning down "hundreds of phone calls a day" and ending up hiring half the staff from a college program that was mediocre at best, could not recruit the best athletes from their own state, and never sniffed a conference or national championship. Nothing spells Super Bowl coaching staff like that resume', huh?? :D

Read more: http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2010/04/29/...l#ixzz0mgtCp8De

You've made a good point here, despite what the critics say. I'll remember it.

The college football championship is a beauty contest and hardly a real title in my book, and will remain such until there is a playoff. As for the NFL no SB winning coach has ever won it again with a different team. I also don't think any BCS winning coahes ever won a SB either, so your theory is out the window there, too. In fact most SB winning coaches are first-time head coaches. Back to the drawing board, bud.

PTR

Name me a recent season in which the best team didn't win the BCS championship. And are you really in favor of extending the season so that these student athletes make college athletics even more of a farce than it really is? I prefer the old days when there was a bunch of games on New Year's Day and no BCS championship. No games during fall finals, and no games after winter semester starts. It's worth rememberiing that very few players have any shot at the NFL. Of the ones that do, few last more than 2-3 years. They may as well get an education, no?

Name me a recent season in which the best team didn't win the BCS championship. And are you really in favor of extending the season so that these student athletes make college athletics even more of a farce than it really is? I prefer the old days when there was a bunch of games on New Year's Day and no BCS championship. No games during fall finals, and no games after winter semester starts. It's worth rememberiing that very few players have any shot at the NFL. Of the ones that do, few last more than 2-3 years. They may as well get an education, no?

The lower divisions (whatever they are called now) manage to have a playoff. Are you saying they are not committed to academics?

It's about the cash, always has been. Sad, really.