For all you Ralph haters

rjg1993

the past few months theres been a lot of ralphy junior bashing going on the TBD walls. Im just wondering why? why does every say he's mr. moneybags? If its about the fact that we havent signed a big free agent in the past few years (with the exception of T.O. but i would rather forget he ever existed), there's a strong ideology in football that you dont build your team around nomad free agents, you build through the draft. I think we can all agree that this is true and that the draft is what is important for building a team.

and if Ralph Wilson was all about the money, he would definitely draft differently. ways to save money in the draft: draft low income positions (safety, Guard, Center, DL, TE), avoid high income players (QB, cornerback, RB, WR, LT), and trade down. In the bills' last 15 1st rounders, 10 of them have been either a QB, cornerback, RB, WR, or LT, including a QB and WR in the same first round in 2004. and they have only traded up in that time period. never down.

one more thing, tagliabue and goodell have been dying for a team to play in Los Angeles. its hard to imagine they didnt put the pressure on Ralph to pack his bags and head for So Cal. but Wilson stuck with the city despite the crappy economy. lets be honest, its a horrible business move. but Ralph is still here doing his best.

so why all the negative garbage being thrown at him the last few months?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the past few months theres been a lot of ralphy junior bashing going on the TBD walls. Im just wondering why? why does every say he's mr. moneybags? If its about the fact that we havent signed a big free agent in the past few years (with the exception of T.O. but i would rather forget he ever existed), there's a strong ideology in football that you dont build your team around nomad free agents, you build through the draft. I think we can all agree that this is true and that the draft is what is important for building a team.

and if Ralph Wilson was all about the money, he would definitely draft differently. ways to save money in the draft: draft low income positions (safety, Guard, Center, DL, TE), avoid high income players (QB, cornerback, RB, WR, LT), and trade down. In the bills' last 15 1st rounders, 10 of them have been either a QB, cornerback, RB, WR, or LT, including a QB and WR in the same first round in 2004. and they have only traded up in that time period. never down.

one more thing, tagliabue and goodell have been dying for a team to play in Los Angeles. its hard to imagine they didnt put the pressure on Ralph to pack his bags and head for So Cal. but Wilson stuck with the city despite the crappy economy. lets be honest, its a horrible business move. but Ralph is still here doing his best.

:lol:

Check my sig for my opinion of "signing the 'best' players"

This draft showed me he is finally hands off. I thought so with the Gailey hiring, but now that we drafted 'non fan favorites' or 'ticket sellers' I feel he is seeing the light.

Except when they asked Nix right after the draft if Ralph was deeply involved in it, and Nix replied, "Ralph is deeply involved in everything. He's the owner."

Except when they asked Nix right after the draft if Ralph was deeply involved in it, and Nix replied, "Ralph is deeply involved in everything. He's the owner."

OR

It must suck to have to be a "kiss-ass" at Buddy's age! :lol:

As for the OP... it would take too long to explain the negative feelings that many have for Ralph Wilson...just do a search on this board, and you will find plenty of good explanations..,

Simply put, I think that's called respect. After the Donahoe regime, Ralph wasn't going to hire someone who wasn't at the very least, respectful.

I believe that Ralph still rubber stamps things. But I also believe at this point that he accepts the recommendations of his lieutenants.

Simply put, I think that's called respect. After the Donahoe regime, Ralph wasn't going to hire someone who wasn't at the very least, respectful.

I believe that Ralph still rubber stamps things. But I also believe at this point that he accepts the recommendations of his lieutenants.

So after 50 straight years, he's changing?

Some more substantive but subtle indicators of Ralph's true investment level:

1) Canning the entire coaching staff and having to buy out those contracts, a year (as I recall) after Jauron's extension

2) Hiring TWO strength and conditioning coordinators and replacing all or most of the equipment in the weight room. Nobody would have noticed if these moves were not made, but they WERE made anyway. That tells me something.

Ralph has always been more interested in making money than winning football games.

Ralph originally wanted to put the team in Miami, but when Miami rejected him he gave sloppy seconds to Buffalo.

Ralph has always had a reputation as being cheap, especially with the coaching staff.

Ralph fired Bill Polian. The Bills have generally always been mediocre/bad except for the short period of time that Bill Polian was running the show. He put together those great teams of the early 90s. Once Ralph fired him, he went to start-up Carolina and took them right to a conference championship game. Then he went to Indianapolis, drafted Peyton Manning, and has been in charge there ever since.

Ralph refuses to put together a plan to ensure the Bills stay in Buffalo after he dies. He knows his kids will just sell the team to the highest bidder and he is fine with that.

A bit longer than that.

Ralph has always been more interested in making money than winning football games.

Ralph originally wanted to put the team in Miami, but when Miami rejected him he gave sloppy seconds to Buffalo.

Ralph has always had a reputation as being cheap, especially with the coaching staff.

Ralph fired Bill Polian. The Bills have generally always been mediocre/bad except for the short period of time that Bill Polian was running the show. He put together those great teams of the early 90s. Once Ralph fired him, he went to start-up Carolina and took them right to a conference championship game. Then he went to Indianapolis, drafted Peyton Manning, and has been in charge there ever since.

Ralph refuses to put together a plan to ensure the Bills stay in Buffalo after he dies. He knows his kids will just sell the team to the highest bidder and he is fine with that.

1...he had a 2nd home in Miami...made sense for him to want to put it there

2...an undeserved reputation...Jauron was the 10th highest paid coach in the league last year after Ralph felt he proved himself with the 4-0 and 5-1 start which prompted Ralph to give him an extension....which Ralph is paying 2 1/2 years of without having the coach...as far as players, anyone who thinks he's been cheap in regards to them is quite frankly an idiot. He's thrown out a lot of money to players (Kelly was at one point the highest paid player in the league if I'm not mistaken), some deserving and some not.

3...Ralph fired Polian for a reason that anyone would get fired in any job....he was starting fights with other people in the organization...I dare anyone to try that...you'd have to be literally sucking off your boss to keep your job.

4...I find it amusing that everyone assumes there's no plan in place just because there's been no official statements saying there's one. Did it ever occur to anyone that he doesn't have to say squat about it? A rumor came out a few years ago that there was indeed a plan in place involving Mary Wilson and Jim Kelly...and quite frankly, the only thing that could derail that plan is if Kelly's major backer backs out of the deal, which would probably only happen if fan support drops. There's no reason to disbelieve the rumor, either. Like I said, Ralph doesn't have to tell us anything so the only way we'll find out for sure if it's true is after Ralph's passing.

1...he had a 2nd home in Miami...made sense for him to want to put it there

2...an undeserved reputation...Jauron was the 10th highest paid coach in the league last year after Ralph felt he proved himself with the 4-0 and 5-1 start which prompted Ralph to give him an extension....which Ralph is paying 2 1/2 years of without having the coach...as far as players, anyone who thinks he's been cheap in regards to them is quite frankly an idiot. He's thrown out a lot of money to players (Kelly was at one point the highest paid player in the league if I'm not mistaken), some deserving and some not.

3...Ralph fired Polian for a reason that anyone would get fired in any job....he was starting fights with other people in the organization...I dare anyone to try that...you'd have to be literally sucking off your boss to keep your job.

4...I find it amusing that everyone assumes there's no plan in place just because there's been no official statements saying there's one. Did it ever occur to anyone that he doesn't have to say squat about it? A rumor came out a few years ago that there was indeed a plan in place involving Mary Wilson and Jim Kelly...and quite frankly, the only thing that could derail that plan is if Kelly's major backer backs out of the deal, which would probably only happen if fan support drops. There's no reason to disbelieve the rumor, either. Like I said, Ralph doesn't have to tell us anything so the only way we'll find out for sure if it's true is after Ralph's passing.

Great post. Too bad you wasted it on "dollarcoin".... :lol:

This draft showed me he is finally hands off. I thought so with the Gailey hiring, but now that we drafted 'non fan favorites' or 'ticket sellers' I feel he is seeing the light.

:lol:

Might want to check your BAC before you post, Darth. The Spiller pick was all about selling tickets. 100000000%. Spiller was the most exciting pick the Bills could have made in the draft besides taking Tebow -- and they weren't going to take Tebow at 9 because not even the Bills are that fukking crazy.

Not saying Spiller isn't good. He clearly is. But when you pick a one or two down RB at 9 when you already have 2 1,000 yard rushers on the team and a roster full of holes, you're hoping to add some excitement on Sundays to sell tickets rather than worrying about just winning and losing.

Call me a RW apologist if you want but no matter how infuriated I've been @ some of his decisions over the past 30+ years he was the one that brought the Bills to Buffalo and kept them there. I honestly believe that 9 out of 10 other owners would have bailed and moved to a more luxurious city.

Lets face it, he could move to LA and they would probably build him a billion $ stadium plus provide him other incentives to get out of dodge.