Those Classy Dolphins.....

Thanks for the link. Always healthy to get a booster on the Dolphins hatred.

But as for Dez Bryant, puh-leeze. He's a lazy punk who doesn't want to accept any responsibility for his actions. I wouldn't want that guy within ten miles of my football team.

No offense but I think you are way off base on Bryant. What he got suspended for is so petty.

Bryant was ruled ineligible for the rest of the 2009 season on October 7 for violating an NCAA bylaw. He failed to fully disclose his interaction with Deion Sanders, a former NFL player, to the NCAA.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dez_Bryant

That really equates to a punk to you? Sounds like a kid who was confused and messed up. I would have definitely given him a 2nd chance.

As for that question, I would have punched the guy. I get the process but if you are close to your mother, that is the msot insulting thing you can ever say to someone. That is pathetic and he should face discipline from the league. But only the "thug" players need to be monitored. :lol:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No way is it ok to be asked questions like that, no matter how important or high paying the position.

Can you imagine a question like that being asked during the vetting process to an important government post?

Obama : Tim.....is your mother a prostitute?

Timothy Geithner : No Sir. But I am a pimp and I know how to squeeze me some money!

....Got sidetracked there. But to reiterate, its never ok to ask questions like that. Especially when its out and out like is your mom a prostitute? How about...Dez, whats the going rate for your momma? She have any off peak rates?

No way is it ok to be asked questions like that, no matter how important or high paying the position.

Can you imagine a question like that being asked during the vetting process to an important government post?

I thought it was just assumed that the mothers of all high level people in gov't were whores.

No offense but I think you are way off base on Bryant. What he got suspended for is so petty.

That really equates to a punk to you? Sounds like a kid who was confused and messed up. I would have definitely given him a 2nd chance.

I wasn't even referring to his suspension. Read something other than Wikipedia -- like the Yahoo article linked above. "habitually late" seems to be a recurring theme. In my experience, people who are "habitually late" are either completely unreliable or just doesn't give a sh--, no matter what the circumstance.

As for that question, I would have punched the guy. I get the process but if you are close to your mother, that is the msot insulting thing you can ever say to someone. That is pathetic and he should face discipline from the league. But only the "thug" players need to be monitored. :lol:

Sure you would have. And then you would have gone from a late first round pick to an undrafted FA looking at a potential jail sentence.

Even if it was...what does it matter?

Will it prevent him from catching balls and dominating Terrence McGee twice a year?

(Glad he's a Cowboy! :lol: )

Similar hypothetical scenario. Say that Dez Bryant's brother had been believed to have a gambling problem. Would it be fair to ask Dez about his brother in an interview?

Similar hypothetical scenario. Say that Dez Bryant's brother had been believed to have a gambling problem. Would it be fair to ask Dez about his brother in an interview?

Next time you get a new hire at whereever you work, go and ask them if there mother was a prostitute, and see how fast you get thrown out on your a$$ for harassment.

Why should this be any different, cause its the NFL?

Plus Ireland had no proof from everything i hear, just asked the question. Plus your question is not even compareable to accusing someones mother of being a prostitute, but go ahead and stand up for Ireland.

Next time you get a new hire at whereever you work, go and ask them if there mother was a prostitute, and see how fast you get thrown out on your a$$ for harassment.

Why should this be any different, cause its the NFL?

Plus Ireland had no proof from everything i hear, just asked the question. Plus your question is not even compareable to accusing someones mother of being a prostitute, but go ahead and stand up for Ireland.

Asking does not equal accusing.

I might not ask them the question, but I'll find out the answer before I hire someone and pay them 10s of millions of dollars given his known past.

I might not ask them the question, but I'll find out the answer before I hire someone and pay them 10s of millions of dollars given his known past.

I'm also betting somebody asked Adrian Peterson about his father before he was drafted.

The draft process is all about scrutiny. Heavy, heavy, under the microscope, all skeletons out of the closet, scrutiny. If a team is considering investing a valuable draft pick and several millions of dollars in you, they can ask whatever the hell they want. No one says you have to agree to the interview, no one is making you attend, no one is making you answer.

Offensive? Yes. But these teams are dotting all their "i's" and crossing all their "t's". They want to make the best investment they can. They don't want a player they pick to wash out or wind up suspended. They want him to have a long, productive and exciting career.

It's the dirty side of the business, but it's a necessary evil.

Not true. The article was correct in stating that no other industry in this country and probably half of the third world would even consider asking this type of question. And don't say that football is different because of the money. That's BS. Some players make a large amount of money, but there are a lot of professions that pay a lot of money aside from the NFL. I would also argue that the pressure in the NFL does not compare at all to the pressure faced by a CEO, investment banker, or laywer. It's archaic and comeone like Gerhart should sue the team that asked him that question on the basis that it would help to provide equal treatment of prospective players in the future. This is the act of a guy who doesn't have enough brains to come up with a more clever way to figure out the mental toughness of a player.

I wasn't even referring to his suspension. Read something other than Wikipedia -- like the Yahoo article linked above. "habitually late" seems to be a recurring theme. In my experience, people who are "habitually late" are either completely unreliable or just doesn't give a sh--, no matter what the circumstance.

So again, this makes him a "punk?" Sounds like an immature college kid who's coach was too soft on him. In the NFL, he will get fined for being late and has a non-guaranteed contract. I'm willing to bet lateness won't be a problem.

Sure you would have. And then you would have gone from a late first round pick to an undrafted FA looking at a potential jail sentence.

So you be ok with someone calling your mother whore? Maybe I won't punch him, but I certainly would have left the room so I won't hit him. It was a dirty question and he should face consequences like any player would.

Not true. The article was correct in stating that no other industry in this country and probably half of the third world would even consider asking this type of question. And don't say that football is different because of the money. That's BS. Some players make a large amount of money, but there are a lot of professions that pay a lot of money aside from the NFL. I would also argue that the pressure in the NFL does not compare at all to the pressure faced by a CEO, investment banker, or laywer. It's archaic and comeone like Gerhart should sue the team that asked him that question on the basis that it would help to provide equal treatment of prospective players in the future. This is the act of a guy who doesn't have enough brains to come up with a more clever way to figure out the mental toughness of a player.

But we're talking about a job that takes 21 year old kids, many of whom sadly grew up in poverty, and suddenly give them millions. That's a lot of responsibility to impose on someone so young who grew up with so little. The male brain does not fully mature until 25. The rookie symposium only does so much. Too many of these kids mis-manage their money and wind up broke and in debt two years after they retire.

Their friends and other outside influences bring them down. You don't have to look too hard for examples. You don't want to give millions to someone who is going to wind up in jail for killing dogs, raping women, trafficking in cocaine. You don't want to give millions to young men who are going to travel in entourages to strip clubs while packing hand guns in their waist bands.

There have been too many arrests and too many tragedies. Sean Taylor is dead. Darrent Williams is dead. Chris Henry is dead. Plaxico Burress was shot. Joey Porter was shot. Travis Henry is in jail. Michael Vick was in jail. There are certain character traits and concerns that raise red flags. Some of these talented young men are more pre-disposed to these unfortunate circumstances. Teams want to make smart and safe investments.

No one really knows the context in which the question was asked. It could've been offensive and it could've been a behavioural/psychological/maturity based question.

It's the ugly side of the business.

Why does your paying him millions of dollars hinge on whether his mother was a prostitute.

Can't wait for this answer!!