It will be Brohm V Brown

DarthICE

Ok I gotta now think its his job to lose. I still can't get the taste outta my mouth about this guy not even cracking the lineup in Green Bay when some thought when he came out he would challenge Rogers for the starting job. (saw an ESPN deal on that).

I have read conflicting reports on arm strength. Some said great, some say not so good. He had good college stats but so does every QB from Texas Tech, so that means nothing.

Mort reported just over a month ago that apperantly the Bills staff is really open to this guy being the man. On the other hand if you WATCH and LISTEN to how they talk about Brown, I can't help but he is their plan to be a long range QB.

So help me here, what is the real deal with Brohm?

Ok I gotta now think its his job to lose. I still can't get the taste outta my mouth about this guy not even cracking the lineup in Green Bay when some thought when he came out he would challenge Rogers for the starting job. (saw an ESPN deal on that).

I have read conflicting reports on arm strength. Some said great, some say not so good. He had good college stats but so does every QB from Texas Tech, so that means nothing.

Mort reported just over a month ago that apperantly the Bills staff is really open to this guy being the man. On the other hand if you WATCH and LISTEN to how they talk about Brown, I can't help but he is their plan to be a long range QB.

On Sirius NFL radio today they were talking about the Bill's QB situation. I think it was Jim Miller who said Brohm's problems in GB were more to do with the Packer's complicated system which he thought was too much for a rookie to get right off. He then went on to say he expects the Bills to be running a much simpler system under Gailey. For what it's worth.

Personally, I think it is confidence issues. He needs to play well in the pre season and gain some confidence. Once he makes some plays he will get more confidence and get better and better.

I hope that is his problem. It would be nice to have a guy already on the roster step up and be the QB of the future.

Their open to him because they really have nothing else.

Edwards = chicken sh*t

Fitz = Back up

Brown = project

He'll get a chance to compete and start. He has talent, but just could not adjust to the NFL. The GB offense is supposedly complicated, and he struggled to grasp it.

My guess is this is Brohm's last chance. Either he grasps the playbook, and performs, or he hits the waiver wire as another highly touted college QB that could not make it.

The deal is, we are about to find out what his deal is. He's playing for his job now. We are only going to keep 3 qbs under contract. Will he be able to unseat Fitz or will he be sent packing. We know Brown is here for a couple years. Trent seems to be the incumbent, so that leaves Fitz and Brohm to battle it out for the 3rd spot. I hope he steps up and actually takes the starting job. With everyone on the same playing field as far as playbook knowledge is concerned, and another year for Brohm to learn what it means to be a proffesional, i feel it is realistic.

Their open to him because they really have nothing else.

Edwards = chicken sh*t

Fitz = Back up

Brown = project

He'll get a chance to compete and start. He has talent, but just could not adjust to the NFL. The GB offense is supposedly complicated, and he struggled to grasp it.

My guess is this is Brohm's last chance. Either he grasps the playbook, and performs, or he hits the waiver wire as another highly touted college QB that could not make it.

Ice you have managed to thread jack your own thread singlehandedly. Face it, each of the 4 guys will get a chance to show their worth.

Based on your history on the board, you have by my count lobbied for each of the last 3 QB's to run out of town. This type of thinking is part of the reason why the Bills are in the situation they have been as idiot fans (including those in the FO) don't have patience to let a guy develop. If Jauron had the teams best interests he would have lived and died with a QB, and let the criticism go in one ear and out the other instead of yo-yoing starters the last 4 years.

I would say that this year will be make or break for TE as his contract is in its final year and the Bills F.O. will likely covet one of the top QB's in next year's draft if he doesn't succeed. TE will start unless he underperforms in the preseason.

Ice you have managed to thread jack your own thread singlehandedly. Face it, each of the 4 guys will get a chance to show their worth.

Based on your history on the board, you have by my count lobbied for each of the last 3 QB's to run out of town. This type of thinking is part of the reason why the Bills are in the situation they have been as idiot fans (including those in the FO) don't have patience to let a guy develop. If Jauron had the teams best interests he would have lived and died with a QB, and let the criticism go in one ear and out the other instead of yo-yoing starters the last 4 years.

I would say that this year will be make or break for TE as his contract is in its final year and the Bills F.O. will likely covet one of the top QB's in next year's draft if he doesn't succeed. TE will start unless he underperforms in the preseason.

Ok then I guess Marshawn starts right? I mean Marshawn, just like Trent, flat out lost his job to a better player. So by your reasoning Marshawn is the starter. Not one but TWO head coaches benched Trent.

the guy lost his job because he sucks, no other reason. he will NOT be the starter because he sucks and because there is no way in hell the fanbase buys tickets with Edwards as the starter.

you do realize thugshawn is #3 now right? CJ is 10x the back either one are and Thug lost his job perminately to jackson so...

As exciting as Spiller's highlight video may be, he will still have trouble making it onto the field on passing downs until he proves he can block and recognize blitz pickups.

Fortunately he seems to be a sharp kid, unlike the dumb thug that he is replacing.

As exciting as Spiller's highlight video may be, he will still have trouble making it onto the field on passing downs until he proves he can block and recognize blitz pickups.

Fortunately he seems to be a sharp kid, unlike the dumb thug that he is replacing.

He'll likely be on the field with another RB, probably starting off in the backfield and then motioning into the slot.

Speaking of being sharp, he was an honor roll student in HS, an Academic All-American in college and finished in 3-1/2 years, but scored just a 10 on the Wonderlic. WTF happened?

WEO - link?

You should thank the OP of that thread for pointing out the existence of Brown before the Bills drafted him. :thumbsup:

Oh, I do. As with the OP--I wasn't familiar with this guy's work when he posted. No doubt tou will claim to have known all about him---having watched a ton of Tulane...oops, I mean Troy games.

Ladies and Gentlemen...Starting at Quarterback for your 2010 Buffalo Bills..............TRENT EDWARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To think otherwise is foolish.

Oh, I do. As with the OP--I wasn't familiar with this guy's work when he posted. No doubt tou will claim to have known all about him---having watched a ton of Tulane...oops, I mean Troy games.

Nope, didn't know about him until the OP mentioned him. Because he wasn't a highly-touted prospect/top-5 at this position, unlike JP back in 2004. It's not hard to know about the Leinarts and Clausens.

Edwards is a kitty and isn't what Nix and Gailey said they wanted in a QB. He will end up being the one cut.

They know what they have in Fitz, solid #2/#3.

They drafted Brown to develop him, watch the post draft presser. You can tell by how they talk about him they expect good things.

That leaves Brohm. I still have a really tough time putting any faith in someone that can't even make a roster and who wasn't brought onto a team from Green Bay's practice squad except Russ Friggin Brandon.

That said...as much as I don't like Brohm, I am more than willing to see what happens in the competition between him and Brown and will back whomever of the two Gailey picks.

but someone please give me something besides friggin college stats to make me feel better about Brohm.

BS. This is Edwards last chance. Brohm and Brown will watch and if it was up to me Fitzpatrick would be gone.

Ladies and Gentlemen...Starting at Quarterback for your 2010 Buffalo Bills..............TRENT EDWARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To think otherwise is foolish.

MY MONEY IS ON BROHM. Time will tell and the rest of this discussion is just heresay and foolishness bc nobody knows until they hit the field. Brohm has every bit the talent as Clausen and let's hope he delivers. Our D is much more stout bc of a strong draft there.

Nope, didn't know about him until the OP mentioned him. Because he wasn't a highly-touted prospect/top-5 at this position, unlike JP back in 2004. It's not hard to know about the Leinarts and Clausens.

No, doc, it's not hard to know about QBs at schools we all get to see for free on TV nearly every week during the college season. Glad you have finally conceded this obvious point.

Oh, wait--it was BLESTO that hipped you to JP. A bunch of entry level scouts combing through the lesser known schools' junior classes. Their assessment of JPL (as good as Rivers, Manning) was proven absurd. Until you read that, you knew not of him.

You should have been a little more skeptical.