PFT Grade Bills Draft as Big Losers

box0life

Pro Football Talk grades Bills as big losers in the draft. They say that the Bills draft gets poor grades because of the lack of getting an impact OT and QB in the draft.

They grade Seattle and Oakland as the big winners.

What LT prospects were there at 9? Davis (Work ethic issues), Bulaga (who isn't a LT), and Saffold who isn't even close to being worth a high first.

What QB are we supposed to take? Clausen? There's a reason he fell that far. McCoy plain and simply is not the type of QB that Nix wants.

Agree with all the comments here.

There was no QB or Tackle worth taking at 9 so the Bills have to settle for the best overall player in the draft. Just terrible. Instead of reaching to fill needs we take BPA to put solid football players at positions on our defense to make us a hell of a lot better against the run.

What I really think is going on is that the major guys critiquing the draft, didn't do as much homework on some of the top smaller school prospects and because they aren't the shiny toys people thought we should take, they pass us over.

Again, being graded on not following Mel Kiper and Todd McShay. Not really being graded on what they did do. The guys analyzing the draft who seem to know what they are doing on NFL Network really seemed to love this draft. Just saying.

Opinions are like butts. We all have them and they stink. Let's see the product play some downs on the field before we start making critical judgments.

Pro Football Talk grades Bills as big losers in the draft. They say that the Bills draft gets poor grades because of the lack of getting an impact OT and QB in the draft. They grade Seattle and Oakland as the big winners.

Pro Football Talk...'nuff said.

What LT prospects were there at 9? Davis (Work ethic issues), Bulaga (who isn't a LT), and Saffold who isn't even close to being worth a high first.

What QB are we supposed to take? Clausen? There's a reason he fell that far. McCoy plain and simply is not the type of QB that Nix wants.

I know, I love the mentality, U respect what Tim Graham continues to beat the same drum and it is so ridiculous to me. As Bill Parcells says you are what you are and what Jimmy Clausen was was the 48th pick in the draft, not the 9th best player. Imagine if the common man had no access to mock drafts or the inside analysis, imagine reading some of these articles then when they criticize a team for not picking the guy who went 28th or 48th with the 9th pick. Ludicrous.

Pro Football Talk grades Bills as big losers in the draft. They say that the Bills draft gets poor grades because of the lack of getting an impact OT and QB in the draft.

thats why they are idiots, they should be grading the bills draft on who they actually drafted not what holes they still have on the team

I agree 100%. PFT and all of these so called sports shows do nothing but talk because that's what they are paid to do. I could have gathered up 4 friends and looked over some tapes for a week and then sat next to Berman and the boys and done the same damn thing. If not for Kipers board these idiots wouldn't even know most of these players. Kiper also had Claussen rated ahead of Bradford, so does that make him an idiot? No it just proves that it's anyones guess as to who will be good.

Good, let all the Cowherds of the world unite and hate on the Bills. I don't care what they think, say, or had for dinner.

Go Bills!

I love how Oakland is a winner because they picked a raw tackle that no one wanted for over 4 rounds and traded a pick in 2012 (two drafts from now!) for an average QB.

Wait, the Bills drafted Brown and Wang at QB and LT.

Yeah but Oakland drafted a tackle who needs work in the fourth round, "smart". Buffalo drafted a tackle who needs work in the fifth round, "stupid".

Oakland traded for a QB for what equals a 6th rounder this year, "smart". Buffalo drafts a quarterback with the second pick in the seventh round, "stupid".

there was no impact QB save Bradford.

OT I can see...

Ditto...nobody necessarily better than the best of Trent/Fitz/Brohm coming out of camp for 2010. 2011 is a ways away and while I wouldn't have minded seeing Clausen, I would have been very disappointed if we didn't get a NT.

OT you just have to think that they didn't like any of the available guys enough with the #41 pick. I like Bell, don't know enough about the possibility of the late guys we picked contributing, but still wish there was a 2nd or 3rd round fit that made sense at LT. We will see how it goes and if the decision is right, but I don't care about being big losers for not getting Kiper's "needs". If we are losers because they don't like the talent of the guys we got then I would be more worried.