Are we forgetting someone?

I keep hearing how Torell Troup and Kyle Williams are going to be good fits for the 3-4 Nose Tackle position for the Bills and will be battling it out until the season starts. One question I have is "Are we forgetting someone?" If I remember correctly, Marcus Stroud is still on this team, or isn't he? Does anyone think he is in good enough condition at this point in his career to play the Nose Tackle position in the 3-4, or at least be in a rotation involving him playing a major role? Is it even fathomable that he could play defensive end, or is that a position that we want to use for quick pass rushers, rather than tough run-stoppers... I am in the opinion that we have enough depth on this defensive line that we could insert players at different positions on the line.

I keep hearing how Torell Troup and Kyle Williams are going to be good fits for the 3-4 Nose Tackle position for the Bills and will be battling it out until the season starts. One question I have is "Are we forgetting someone?" If I remember correctly, Marcus Stroud is still on this team, or isn't he? Does anyone think he is in good enough condition at this point in his career to play the Nose Tackle position in the 3-4, or at least be in a rotation involving him playing a major role? Is it even fathomable that he could play defensive end, or is that a position that we want to use for quick pass rushers, rather than tough run-stoppers... I am in the opinion that we have enough depth on this defensive line that we could insert players at different positions on the line.

Stroud and Dwan Edwards are the starting DEs.

I wouldnt be surprised if Stroud and Mitchell are playing elsewhere next season

outside of his first 4 games I think Stroud has been a disappointment

Mitchell is a solid player but with the signing of Davis, the guys they drafted and moving Maybin outside I dont think there is a spot for him especially if Schobel decides to play next year

Mitchell is a solid player but with the signing of Davis, the guys they drafted and moving Maybin outside I dont think there is a sport for him especially if Schobel decides to play next year

The ILB rotation will be Poz, Davis and Mitchell. We need Kawika to serve as quality depth for our middle.

The starting players, in the rotation, will be as follows. D. Edwards-Torell Troup/Kyle Williams-Marcus Stroud. Spencer Johnson and Alex Carrington will be the back ups. However, it is our depth at LB that is now quite impressive.

OLB Starters-Maybin, Schobel (if he plays) or Mitchell or Ellis

ILB Starters-Poz, Davis, Mitchell, Draft (if he stays).

On top of that you bring in two draftees who have size and speed in Moats and Batten who can play OLB. Our D is going to be nasty.

The starting players, in the rotation, will be as follows. D. Edwards-Torell Troup/Kyle Williams-Marcus Stroud. Spencer Johnson and Alex Carrington will be the back ups. However, it is our depth at LB that is now quite impressive.

On top of that you bring in two draftees who have size and speed in Moats and Batten who can play OLB. Our D is going to be nasty.

I prefer Mitchell stay outside, with the ability to move inside if injury requires it. Regardless I believe he is guaranteed a roster spot. They now have quite a few guys vying for the OLB spots on the roster. Maybin, Schobel, Kelsay, Mitchell, Ellis, Ellison, Harris and now Batten are all options for the roster. Should be an interesting camp battle. After listening to the press conference it sounds like Moats is going to play inside.

Mitchell is a solid player but with the signing of Davis, the guys they drafted and moving Maybin outside I dont think there is a sport for him especially if Schobel decides to play next year

I tend tyo agree. I would not be shocked at all if Stroud were an early cut.

I agree that our D will be one to be reckoned with. Add in solid corners in McGee, McKelvin and Florence, a stout SS group of Wilson, Scott and Whitner, and our ball-hawking FS da' byrd, we have the potential makings of a top-10 D. The biggest question is how well our new D co-ordinator Edwards will utilize everyone.

Mitchell is a solid player but with the signing of Davis, the guys they drafted and moving Maybin outside I dont think there is a spot for him especially if Schobel decides to play next year

more likely Kelsay, Stroud and Schobel are all gone in 2010 to save some big bucks

-now that they have brought in some players who can actually play a 3-4 defense.