One thing was clear during this draft

Seems like they mostly stuck to the script of getting proven guys who performed for 3+ years in college, not one year wonders. They probably had a smaller list than most clubs. Except for the UConn receiver....he seemed like a bit of a reach for this staff.

I think its dumb to not at least explore trade options for a min or two. Its not like those players were going to be taken by someone else if we didnt sprint to the podium...

How do you know they didn't. Do you think they turn their phones off when it's not their turn? Come on dude. There is plenty of time in between picks for that.

How do you know they didn't. Do you think they turn their phones off when it's not their turn? Come on dude. There is plenty of time in between picks for that.

That, and I have to think that most of the calls regarding trades are happening 10+ picks before the team has to declare their pick. Hard for me to believe that it's all happening in 15 or 10 or 7 or 3 minutes.

Anybody else get the feeling that this year, and last year, was the kind of draft that Modrak has been wanting to do all along? I get this impression from the videos etc. on bb.com. Maybe he has been getting a bad rap?

I have little doubt that the Spiller pick was a "Ralph" pick. Especially given what he said to the media.

Between last year and this, year, I think we need one more draft to get fully out from behind the 8 ball.

That, and I have to think that most of the calls regarding trades are happening 10+ picks before the team has to declare their pick. Hard for me to believe that it's all happening in 15 or 10 or 7 or 3 minutes.

Anybody else get the feeling that this year, and last year, was the kind of draft that Modrak has been wanting to do all along? I get this impression from the videos etc. on bb.com. Maybe he has been getting a bad rap?

I have little doubt that the Spiller pick was a "Ralph" pick. Especially given what he said to the media.

Between last year and this, year, I think we need one more draft to get fully out from behind the 8 ball.

Bingo.....I have been saying this all draft. The rebiuld started LAST year not this year. With the Exception of Maybin and a couple of other picks we drafted high for OG's.......also Byrd was an excellent pick and it was almost like they were going to get their DB's last year and develop them so they would need to take any this year. This was the year of the OL/DL/LB

I'm not sure I recall a draft where the team knew what they wanted and put their pick in as fast as the Bills did this year. On a couple of picks they literally went from "on the clock" to "the pick is in" in seconds.

I guess preparation helps?

I agree 100%! I think the only pick that took over a minute or so was the Arthur Moats pick

and that isnt bad news at all.

if you rebuild WITH A PLAN, giving up one season may be the right thing to do. maybe they want to make sure they get locker next year.

sure i dont agree with every single pick. but what do i know? i merely watch football for fun. though ive played and coached.

but to me it looks like they really know what they want to accomplish. and they have me pretty exited for the 2012 season :lol:

The good news is we'll have a real good shot at next year's number 1 pick! :lol:

I don't think so.

In addition, I think something is clear. They all picked guys with HUGE work ethics and will improve and do everything to be better football players:

Wang (parents from CHina - look at the vid on Bbills.com)

Spiller (ran track to get better)

Troup (high motor, really good work ethic)

Carrington, Bratten, Moats (small school guys who rush the passer and high motors again)

Easley (walk-on! are you kidding me runs a 4.40)

Plus another thing. Most of these guys have SIZE. And besides the OTs the guys have great speed. Check their numbers.

Remember Nix said long ago as a BIlls scout: "mobile, agile, hostile"

I'm not sure I recall a draft where the team knew what they wanted and put their pick in as fast as the Bills did this year. On a couple of picks they literally went from "on the clock" to "the pick is in" in seconds.

I guess preparation helps?

That was something else wasn't it... we will just have to wait and see if their list was solid...

Bingo.....I have been saying this all draft. The rebiuld started LAST year not this year. With the Exception of Maybin and a couple of other picks we drafted high for OG's.......also Byrd was an excellent pick and it was almost like they were going to get their DB's last year and develop them so they would need to take any this year. This was the year of the OL/DL/LB

I agree - great analysis.

I think its dumb to not at least explore trade options for a min or two. Its not like those players were going to be taken by someone else if we didnt sprint to the podium...

Trades are usually done 'prior' to the team being on the clock. Most of the wait while n the clock is 'praying' or teams looking like they are talking to another team. Basically, silliness.

I don't think so.

In addition, I think something is clear. They all picked guys with HUGE work ethics and will improve and do everything to be better football players:

Carrington, Bratten, Moats (small school guys who rush the passer and high motors again)

Plus another thing. Most of these guys have SIZE. And besides the OTs the guys have great speed. Check their numbers.

That's the new ethic at OBD. Work hard and play football like it was meant to be played.

Finesse - my ass! (and no that wasn't an invitation.)

I don't think so.

I hope your opinion is right and I'm wrong. I really do. I love the Spiller and Wang pick but I thought Troup was a big reach.

I hope your opinion is right and I'm wrong. I really do. I love the Spiller and Wang pick but I thought Troup was a big reach.

If the pick had been Cody, would you still think reach? They are basically same skill level,but Troup won't be in danger of eating himself out of the league.

If the pick had been Cody, would you still think reach? They are basically same skill level,but Troup won't be in danger of eating himself out of the league.

On what draft board was Troup a higher rated DT than Cody?