Stop Worrying About a QB

Clearly you are 100% wrong...do you even realize that? Not even a debate or question, the FO is proving you 100% wrong and basically telling you with their actiions to quit your whining and that you dont know jack about what our staff sees in our guys.

If our guys were a big bunch of losers then the staff would have traded for Campbell or drafted one of the plethora of QB's that fell to them in many parts of this draft. They may still grab a guy late, but clearly, they know more about our guys than a bunch of screaming posters on this board like that broken record DarthIce...

Personally, I think they see potential in Brohm and only a complete fool would completely disregard such a highly touted QB who is just 2 years in this league with no chance to play yet...

So when the Bills cut him in September, will you be calling Nix & Gailey fools? You think you know, but you don't know. Jamarcus Russell was highly touted out of college & he's on his way out of the league. Stop thinking that Saturday translates to Sunday-it doesn't because over 90% of the guys they're putting up those college stats against will never play a down in the NFL.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally agree. The more I consider what they've done, I like the fact that they are beefing up the team. If we weren't getting Bradford and you don't rank Clausen/others head & shoulders above our current crop of QBs, then why take one? If the Bills continue to suck with their current crop of QBs, we will be lined up to get a QB high in the draft next year. At least then we will have some beef & experience on our lines.

We have been seemingly saying this for years . . . and it NEVER happens

In the second round, YES I would've taken Clausen in a heartbeat. Say what you want about Clausen, Weiss wanted him. He didn't go after Quinn when he was traded for a hill of beans because he knows he's limited. But he wanted Clausen and he is the guy who is credited for developing Brady.

There were a lot of talking heads who liked him, some not as high as others, but no one had him out of the first 40 picks. Yet he was sitting right there and we passed on him.

Now the Bills go into the season with Trent Edwards, who is the anti spread QB and a China Doll. Brohm, who no one in the NFL wanted just a year after being drafted and an IVY league scrub.

I'll ask you this, When do the Bills start developing a young QB? Next year? Great, let's celebrate 15 years off from the playoffs together while watching the real QB's win Super Bowls.

Weis and KC had a choice ahead of us and they didnt take him.

I was not totally against Clausen. And it's a legitimate stance to say he is who you wanted. That's cool. wouldn't at all BET that he is going to be a very good NFL starter after everything I saw (which wasn't a ton), everything I read (which was a lot), everything I heard this weekend (which was a lot), and what actually happened (him going #48). Especially knowing what Chan Gailey likes in a QB.

To me, the Bills had at least a few huge holes, several big holes, and numerous decent sized holes, and we couldn't fill them all. There weren't any FA QBs that I liked at all. There weren't many QBs in the draft I personally was enamored with. I have NO problem whatsoever with the #2 pick as a run stuffing, clogging NT which was a bigger need on this team than QB (if only because we had NO ONE to play it whatsoever).

So when the Bills cut him in September, will you be calling Nix & Gailey fools? You think you know, but you don't know. Jamarcus Russell was highly touted out of college & he's on his way out of the league. Stop thinking that Saturday translates to Sunday-it doesn't because over 90% of the guys they're putting up those college stats against will never play a down in the NFL.

You missed the whole point...at this point, clearly the FO thinks our guys have MORE potential than the guys we could draft...so rather than using a high pick or mid pick that needs to fill other holes, they would rather see what our guys can do first...thats the point and they have made that abundantly clear...

Clearly you are 100% wrong...do you even realize that? Not even a debate or question, the FO is proving you 100% wrong and basically telling you with their actiions to quit your whining and that you dont know jack about what our staff sees in our guys.

If our guys were a big bunch of losers then the staff would have traded for Campbell or drafted one of the plethora of QB's that fell to them in many parts of this draft. They may still grab a guy late, but clearly, they know more about our guys than a bunch of screaming posters on this board like that broken record DarthIce...

Personally, I think they see potential in Brohm and only a complete fool would completely disregard such a highly touted QB who is just 2 years in this league with no chance to play yet...

McNabb would be a Bill if he was willing to play here, we tried to trade for him. So YOU, as usual, are clearly wrong. The entire QB crapfest that is on our roster put together doesn't = a quality starter.

So instead of a 2 year project, each season we keep these **** heads, that is another year tacked on to that.

I don't get this mentality. Let's sacrifice next year for a good QB in two years? Stockholm Syndrome is the only explanation....

So what QB would you have brought in that is a sure bet to be better than what we have? The Bills need some beef on that team. Best thing they've done so far is not draft any guys for the secondary. If the QBs still can't get it done with beef around them, then we make a pick for your QB. But it has been a long time since the Bills addressed that problem. Last year's draft with Wood, Levitre & Nelson was the first step. Keep it going.

McNabb would be a Bill if he was willing to play here, we tried to trade for him. So YOU, as usual, are clearly wrong. The entire QB crapfest that is on our roster put together doesn't = a quality starter.

So instead of a 2 year project, each season we keep these **** heads, that is another year tacked on to that.

You are an idiot...McNabb is a COMPLETE differnet story and a proven ELITE QB in this league and would be an upgrade on most teams...we are talking about drafting these prospects Einstein

BTW for the record, I would rather have brohm than the kitty edwards. NO coaching staff or OL will be able to fix edwards. He is a kitty that won't throw into coverage, his long ball flutters, can't throw the 15 yard out, can't read defenses , scared to pull the trigger and throw with anticipation.

Well said. I couuldn't agree more. TE=continuing suffering.

I'm afraid I agree on Edwards--but I guess he'll get another short. Remember him at the start of the 08 season?

How about this possibility? Ralph and his old friend Art Rooney sit down and one of 'em says, "Look, we've both got talented problem children who have run out their strings at home. How about we trade 'em and give 'em both fresh starts? If they produce, all will be (mostly) forgiven and forgotten.

You are an idiot...McNabb is a COMPLETE differnet story and a proven ELITE QB in this league and would be an upgrade on most teams...we are talking about drafting these prospects Einstein

Know, you're an idiot. You are talking out of both sides of your mouth as usual. You said that the Bills "actions" proved that they were happy with the trio-o-turds that they have behind center but somehow the fact they went after McNabb isn't what you're talking about? What is the point with you, you consistently make zero sense with your rants.

Go buy a Brohm jersey, just hope the Bills draft a player in 2 years with the same number so you can just change the nameplate on the back.

Know, you're an idiot. You are talking out of both sides of your mouth as usual. You said that the Bills "actions" proved that they were happy with the trio-o-turds that they have behind center but somehow the fact they went after McNabb isn't what you're talking about? What is the point with you, you consistently make zero sense with your rants.

Go buy a Brohm jersey, just hope the Bills draft a player in 2 years with the same number so you can just change the nameplate on the back.

No, you are clueless and cant read...McNabb is a whole other story. I am not saying they are happy with our guys over an Elite QB like McNabb...I said they clearly think our guys have enough potential to pass on the projects in this draft and build the rest of the team first before using a valuable pick on a QB when the young guy on our team has WAY more upside than the scrubs like LeFevour and Pike...

PS: The FO just shoved this very point down your throat once again passing on Pike and Company to take another DE...so clearly, once again the FO is telling you, Darth and company to shut up about our QB's already because they see enough potential to try and develop them first before we dump them...

New Edit...another post of the FO clearly supporting this very statement:

Brian Brohm: Bills open to Brohm winning starting QB job

According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, the Bills are "very open" to Brian Brohm entering Week 1 as their starting quarterback.

Mort previously hinted on ESPN that the new Bills regime is ready to wash its hands of Trent Edwards. Brohm threw for just 146 yards and two picks on 29 pass attempts in his lone start last season. Otherwise, the former second-round pick has been unable to get on the field entering his third year. Apr. 9 - 5:10 pm et

Source: Chris Mortensen on Twitter

For everybody whose panties are in a twist because the Bills didn't take this guy or that guy, didn't address the QB position, blew it by not fixing this need, take a look at this video of Nix and Modrak from Friday evening, As Nix says, "We have so many needs, they ought to give us three picks each round." That's the reality this year. And that's what we have to live with.

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/v...f2-560bb861fa5c

The FO is nuts. Totally clueless. Same old stuff. I have seen all I need to out of Edwards. He hasn't gotten better, he regressed horribly. He is not the future. Fitzpatrick is in the bottom tier of QB's in the league. He played OK for very brief spurts. He is not the future. Haven't seen enough of Brohm but I really don't think he is the answer either. Didn't draft a QB, trade for a QB or sign a QB in FA. The plan must be to finish 32nd in the NFL and take a QB with the first overall in 2011 and be good by 2012 or 2013. No better explanation I can think of. Nothing they have done is for 2010. Spiller may be exciting but with zero passing attack and from what I have seen, very minimal improvement in the OL if any at all (Wang may turn out to be good but not in 2010) all teams will have to do is put "8 in the box" to stop the run and blitz the daylights out of us. Maybe the D will be better but again, not in 2010. They drafted 3 DE's for crying out loud. It is going to be one ugly train wreck of a season.

No, you are clueless and cant read...McNabb is a whole other story. I am not saying they are happy with our guys over an Elite QB like McNabb...I said they clearly think our guys have enough potential to pass on the projects in this draft and build the rest of the team first before using a valuable pick on a QB when the young guy on our team has WAY more upside than the scrubs like LeFevour and Pike...

PS: The FO just shoved this very point down your throat once again passing on Pike and Company to take another DE...so clearly, once again the FO is telling you, Darth and company to shut up about our QB's already because they see enough potential to try and develop them first before we dump them...

New Edit...another post of the FO clearly supporting this very statement:

Brian Brohm: Bills open to Brohm winning starting QB job

According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, the Bills are "very open" to Brian Brohm entering Week 1 as their starting quarterback.

Mort previously hinted on ESPN that the new Bills regime is ready to wash its hands of Trent Edwards. Brohm threw for just 146 yards and two picks on 29 pass attempts in his lone start last season. Otherwise, the former second-round pick has been unable to get on the field entering his third year. Apr. 9 - 5:10 pm et

Source: Chris Mortensen on Twitter

Did the front office try and trade for McNabb? Yes? Okay, lets move on dummy. You can't switch your argument now, it's right there.

Regarding Brohm, I've said it before that I think he'll start over Trent. Beating out Trent for the starting job is nothing to be proud of, FOR GOD SAKES, FITZ DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbdown:

Did the front office try and trade for McNabb? Yes? Okay, lets move on dummy. You can't switch your argument now, it's right there.

Regarding Brohm, I've said it before that I think he'll start over Trent. Beating out Trent for the starting job is nothing to be proud of, FOR GOD SAKES, FITZ DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbdown:

I was referncing today...this draft, etc...McNabb didnt happen, but of course they tried he is an ELITE QB...how you keep bringing that back into this discussion about our decisions during the draft is beyond me...

I was referncing today...this draft, etc...McNabb didnt happen, but of course they tried he is an ELITE QB...how you keep bringing that back into this discussion about our decisions during the draft is beyond me...

the FO is proving you 100% wrong and basically telling you with their actiions

Yeah, I keep reading it and it ain't changin. Nice try though Adog. Now go make up more sh*t about how the entire NFL wanted Brohm and the Pack were hiding him!!! :thumbdown: