Stop Worrying About a QB

I think we all need to sit tight w/ the QB apprehension. Although, I too am frustrated w/ the lack of a LT to be drafted. We have to assume that there is something else going on there. I cannot imagine Nix, and the run savey Gailey ignoring the desperate need to fill that gap.

With that being said, We have 3 QBs on the roster. IMO you need to let Edwards & Brohm duke it out. Yes, the BS talk of salvaging Edwards is just like having mamma bird ram our regurgitated dinner down our throats but we have him signed, TO is gone, we are not making the playoffs again so give him a gut check & see what happens. Fitz is a career back up. If he stays he stays. Now Brohm...................this kid has talent. He threw for over 4000yds @ Louisville, he was a Heisman candidate, had over 155 QB rating every yr and hes a big durable kid. I kept getting texts furious why the Bills didn't draft Clausen, then McCoy.......we have a great young kid in the barn. I love his mechanics too. I think this kid beats Trent & Fitz out hands down!!! Still cant believe he was behind Flynn in GB.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Our resident insider to OBD already hinted that Edwards is well liked in the lockerroom and the front office has said that he is the likely starter this season. Hopefully Chan can do something to teach the Oline how to play better.

Our resident insider to OBD already hinted that Edwards is well liked in the lockerroom and the front office has said that he is the likely starter this season. Hopefully Chan can do something to teach the Oline how to play better.

Then we are !@#$ed. Weak person, weak minded, can't read a defense and a flat out kitty. We are screwed if we go with Edwards

BTW for the record, I would rather have brohm than the kitty edwards. NO coaching staff or OL will be able to fix edwards. He is a kitty that won't throw into coverage, his long ball flutters, can't throw the 15 yard out, can't read defenses , scared to pull the trigger and throw with anticipation.

With that being said, We have 3 QBs on the roster. IMO you need to let Edwards & Brohm duke it out. Yes, the BS talk of salvaging Edwards is just like having mamma bird ram our regurgitated dinner down our throats but we have him signed, TO is gone, we are not making the playoffs again so give him a gut check & see what happens. Fitz is a career back up. If he stays he stays. Now Brohm...................this kid has talent. He threw for over 4000yds @ Louisville, he was a Heisman candidate, had over 155 QB rating every yr and hes a big durable kid. I kept getting texts furious why the Bills didn't draft Clausen, then McCoy.......we have a great young kid in the barn. I love his mechanics too. I think this kid beats Trent & Fitz out hands down!!! Still cant believe he was behind Flynn in GB.

Believe it. Do you know how many college QB's come out every year with those exact same stats? His stats at Lous. mean nothing. The Pack let him go a year after he was drafted in the 2nd round! He cleared waivers! No one in the NFL wanted him! I don't blame the Bills for picking him up but hoping he turns into something is silly. I'm sure that you are still holding out for Yobouty and McCagro to workout too.

That being said, If the Bills don't trade for a QB, I think Brohm will beat Trent out....which isn't saying much. :thumbsup:

All 3 can compete for the starting job. Personally I think getting Clausen in the 2nd would have been a good move just cause he was a projected high first rounder who fell into their lap and has the talent to be a starter right away, but I'm not mad about it, I'm not a NFL GM, nor do I think I could be. It would have just been a move that you hope works out cause he has 1st round talent, but you got him in the second.

I don't think they should take anyone in the draft now, unless they have the potential to start this year. If they are a project, its a waste cause they already have a project in Brohm

make a move for someone like Campbell, or Troy Smith, or Big Ben (if he's really an option), or see if a guy like Quin might be available from Denver

Believe it. Do you know how many college QB's come out every year with those exact same stats? His stats at Lous. mean nothing. The Pack let him go a year after he was drafted in the 2nd round! He cleared waivers! No one in the NFL wanted him! I don't blame the Bills for picking him up but hoping he turns into something is silly. I'm sure that you are still holding out for Yobouty and McCagro to workout too.

That being said, If the Bills don't trade for a QB, I think Brohm will beat Trent out....which isn't saying much. :thumbsup:

+1.

They all suck, we need a QB

All 3 can compete for the starting job. Personally I think getting Clausen in the 2nd would have been a good move just cause he was a projected high first rounder who fell into their lap and has the talent to be a starter right away, but I'm not mad about it, I'm not a NFL GM, nor do I think I could be. It would have just been a move that you hope works out cause he has 1st round talent, but you got him in the second.

I don't think they should take anyone in the draft now, unless they have the potential to start this year. If they are a project, its a waste cause they already have a project in Brohm

make a move for someone like Campbell, or Troy Smith, or Big Ben (if he's really an option), or see if a guy like Quin might be available from Denver

There isn't one other team in the NFL that ANY of these three could compete for a starting job. ONLY In buffalo do we let 3 ****ty QB's try and be a starter. It has been that way since Kelly Retired.

I've been looking into this Levi Brown kid that the Bills were supposedly high on earlier in the year...hoping that we pick him up in the later rounds or even as an UDFA. Kid has some moxi!

Broncs just got Quinn. Orton might be available tho.

I've been looking into this Levi Brown kid that the Bills were supposedly high on earlier in the year...hoping that we pick him up in the later rounds or even as an UDFA. Kid has some moxi!

well he is Bad Bad Levi Brown...

Then we are !@#$ed. Weak person, weak minded, can't read a defense and a flat out kitty. We are screwed if we go with Edwards

Charger fans said the same thing about Brees the year they drafted Rivers. I am not saying Edwards is going to suddenly turn into Brees and I think we were nuts for not drafting Clausen in round 2, but lets ee what Brohm can do, he has more talent than anyone left on the board and was a legit blue chip prospect just 2 years ago. He may be alate bloomer like Brees was. I also think Edwards can become a servicable back-up in the league. No need to run him out of town just yet.

I think we all need to sit tight w/ the QB apprehension. Although, I too am frustrated w/ the lack of a LT to be drafted. We have to assume that there is something else going on there. I cannot imagine Nix, and the run savey Gailey ignoring the desperate need to fill that gap.

Here's what you better brace yourself for: If we draft a QB in the next two rounds, your boy Brohm is going to get cut unless he really lights it up in camp. Brohm is nothing but a longshot the Bills took a flyer on, there's only room for 1 project at 3rd string & Brohm is going to be the odd man out unless the rookie bombs. Take off those Brohm blinders & look at it realistically-Edwards & Fitzpatrick have experience & the Bills are not about to name a project over both of these guys. The only way Brohm stays is if we get a veteran to replae Edwards & then Brohm stays on as the developmental guy. Big deal-you liked him in college-plenty of guys played well enough to have teams draft them in the top 5 based on their college careers & flamed out in the NFL. Brohm's days at Louisville are over & his days at Buffalo are near an end.

Our resident insider to OBD already hinted that Edwards is well liked in the lockerroom and the front office has said that he is the likely starter this season.

Good. QB is well down on the list of needs for this team.

p.s. good pick with Wang.

+2. Sugar coated all you want everyone, but we need a different QB on this roster. We failed to at least take one for the future when he was sitting in front of us. Fail.

Manning, Brady, Brees, Rivers, Favre, Warner, Romo, Rodgers, McNabb are the upper tier QB's who were in the playoffs this year.

Palmer is the second tier QB in the playoffs this year.

Flacco and Sanchez are the young guys who were in the playoffs.

Tell me where Brohm, Fitz or Edwards even come within the same solar systaem as those guys. Move on, draft a QB because everyone who is not a blinded super fan knows that these guys will NEVER CUT IT.