sully's latest bills article

rpcolosi

ah I love sully. nothing like jumping the gun and inserting his foot in that big Irish mouth of his (relax I'm irish too). Jerry, I hope you are reading this. As a guy who has a few friends as writers/editors at ESPN its amazing how excellent some of his articels are while some are quite amatuerish for a writer of his longevity. case and point - he insert's foot in mouth with the title alone "team with big needs comes up small again" and then hits a home run with the greir piece. but let's focus on his horrible, quick reaction article on Spiler, Nix and the crew.

1.) the title - well apparently he was too anxious to wait until day 2 when the bills addressed some serious need by adding big bodies across the line, and solid talent at that. Not dan williams (who i also liked) but an excellent run stopper none-the-less

2.) need vs best player - a few days earlier sully writes how he loves hearing Nix say he won't just take a guy to fill a need, a change of tune from past regeimes. He then goes on to trash this one saying how he was shocked we didn't fill a position of need and instead made a "luxury" pick. What happened to taking the best guy on the board, all be it, the best at his position in the draft?!? Tell me the last time the Bills picked the BEST guy at the position in any draft?? Bruce Smith?

3.) excitement - Sully also implies Nix made this move to sell tickets... HUH?! If he had wanted to appease the masses (ie TBD and the retarded caption of WGRS "Quest for a QB") then he would have taken crowd pleaser Casey Clausen. Instead he did the opposite and chose a guy who is exciting AND can help us win, something that is all anyone wants. Not that Clausen can't, but Clausen is easily the bigger ticket item then Spiller.

All in all - sullivan has one good article for every bad one he writes. It is clearly apparent his disdain for Nix, which I find comical because Nix appears to have outsmarted sullivan at a few press conferences already. Not bad for a GM who claims to not always be the smartest guy in the room...

ah I love sully. nothing like jumping the gun and inserting his foot in that big Irish mouth of his (relax I'm irish too). Jerry, I hope you are reading this. As a guy who has a few friends as writers/editors at ESPN its amazing how excellent some of his articels are while some are quite amatuerish for a writer of his longevity. case and point - he insert's foot in mouth with the title alone "team with big needs comes up small again" and then hits a home run with the greir piece. but let's focus on his horrible, quick reaction article on Spiler, Nix and the crew.

1.) the title - well apparently he was too anxious to wait until day 2 when the bills addressed some serious need by adding big bodies across the line, and solid talent at that. Not dan williams (who i also liked) but an excellent run stopper none-the-less

2.) need vs best player - a few days earlier sully writes how he loves hearing Nix say he won't just take a guy to fill a need, a change of tune from past regeimes. He then goes on to trash this one saying how he was shocked we didn't fill a position of need and instead made a "luxury" pick. What happened to taking the best guy on the board, all be it, the best at his position in the draft?!? Tell me the last time the Bills picked the BEST guy at the position in any draft?? Bruce Smith?

3.) excitement - Sully also implies Nix made this move to sell tickets... HUH?! If he had wanted to appease the masses (ie TBD and the retarded caption of WGRS "Quest for a QB") then he would have taken crowd pleaser Casey Clausen. Instead he did the opposite and chose a guy who is exciting AND can help us win, something that is all anyone wants. Not that Clausen can't, but Clausen is easily the bigger ticket item then Spiller.

All in all - sullivan has one good article for every bad one he writes. It is clearly apparent his disdain for Nix, which I find comical because Nix appears to have outsmarted sullivan at a few press conferences already. Not bad for a GM who claims to not always be the smartest guy in the room...

So who exactly is playing left tackle for the bills this year? hint: the answer is not D Bell.

So who exactly is playing left tackle for the bills this year? hint: the answer is not D Bell.

If you're handing out hints, I have to presume you know. So why don't you enlighten the rest of us?

yep sully-in-your-pants does have an axe to grind - buddy has made him look like the horses a$$ that he is

I didn't mention LT, what made you bring that up? with 3 picks Nix has gotten us 3 needs. If you do not consider RB a need, then you are also delusional and under the impression marshawn wants to be here and wants to work hard. In addition - it very well may be D. Bell. By no means am I excited for this. I'm on record on this blog as saying I do not think he will pan out as a LT. however - if our defense can improve from last year, esp against the run, then our team will be in more games in the 4th quarter then it has been of late. also - it is very clear that nix puts his money where his mouth is.

to sum it all up, Buddy's first 3 picks have focused on running and stopping the run. name the last bills GM to do that please....

The Bills could build a fantastic team, go to the SuperBowl and win it.

Sully would say they didn't belong there at all and winning it was pure luck because players X, Y and Z weren't collectively a pimple on the ass of Bruce Smith, Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas.

His next deeply analytic column would expound upon the many reasons why he always knew deep down that they would do it.

Following that he'd predict their imminent demise for the upcoming season because players X, Y and Z weren't signed to long contracts.

Then he'd write about how players X, Y and Z were expendable and easily replaced by shiny new players in the Draft.

He'd piss and moan during and after the Draft when The Bills didn't pick the shiny new players he wanted.

Next he'd publish a series of articles about how The Bills had to overpay players X, Y and Z because they had all the leverage in contract negotiations, the maxim being - no player is valuable unless they can be had "on the cheap".

Sully's keyboard should be locked up as a measure to improve the state of public mental health in western NY. I'm sure he thinks of himself a curmudgeon. To most, he's simply a cur.

I didn't mention LT, what made you bring that up? with 3 picks Nix has gotten us 3 needs. If you do not consider RB a need, then you are also delusional and under the impression marshawn wants to be here and wants to work hard. In addition - it very well may be D. Bell. By no means am I excited for this. I'm on record on this blog as saying I do not think he will pan out as a LT. however - if our defense can improve from last year, esp against the run, then our team will be in more games in the 4th quarter then it has been of late. also - it is very clear that nix puts his money where his mouth is.

to sum it all up, Buddy's first 3 picks have focused on running and stopping the run. name the last bills GM to do that please....

While the draft is still not finished I'm not going to b!thch about who they didn't draft ...just yet.

Although It does perplex me that they take a Reggie Bush clone with Chris Johnson speed and not address the O line at all so far. Chris Johnson would look like crap behind the current Bills O line.

Perhaps they intend to line him up in the slot as a WR?

While the draft is still not finished I'm not going to b!thch about who they didn't draft ...just yet.

Although It does perplex me that they take a Reggie Bush clone with Chris Johnson speed and not address the O line at all so far. Chris Johnson would look like crap behind the current Bills O line.

bull ****. pure and absolute Bull ****. Jackson ran for over 1000 behind this line and he doesn't have 1/2 the talent Johnson or Spiller have.

God forbid you let facts get in the way of hysterical thinking.

bull ****. pure and absolute Bull ****. Jackson ran for over 1000 behind this line and he doesn't have 1/2 the talent Johnson or Spiller have.

God forbid you let facts get in the way of hysterical thinking.

I've been saying the same thing for the past month. People, fine if you want to bellyache and B word...that's probably your lifestyle and habit and fans like to B word. But don't make crap up to back up your BS. We had a thousand yard rusher behind a line that had rookies, free agents and sometimes acquistions picked up the damn week of the game. So B word all you want, but don't pretend to know about football than Nix - he's forgotten more than you'll ever learn.

I've been saying the same thing for the past month. People, fine if you want to bellyache and B word...that's probably your lifestyle and habit and fans like to B word. But don't make crap up to back up your BS. We had a thousand yard rusher behind a line that had rookies, free agents and sometimes acquistions picked up the damn week of the game. So B word all you want, but don't pretend to know about football than Nix - he's forgotten more than you'll ever learn.

And thats the problem. He has forgotten everything.

Stop reading and making threads about the guy and maybe he will go away. Turn off the radio when he comes on and voice your displeasure to the stations that let him on the air. That's how you get rid of the guy. This post just gets him more hits.

Actually, yes, this is the main intention.

"Bills GM Buddy Nix compared C.J. Spiller to Reggie Bush and Percy Harvin as a dynamic hybrid player "that can hurt you in a lot of ways."

In other words, he's not going to be thrown into the starting lineup as an early-down between-the-tackles runner as a rookie. Instead, he'll often be split out wide and used on stretch plays, misdirections and pitches. Nix also confirmed that Spiller will be "in the mix" for return duties with Leodis McKelvin and Roscoe Parrish.

Spiller is not an every down back. He may have Chris Johnson's "speed", but he does NOT posses Chris Johnson's toughness.

Spiller is Chan's water bug player.

Really? He just upgraded our DL and gave us an impact player teams have to respect on offense. Go back to draft mags and Madden, leave the real stuff to the pros.

If half the board did this, things would be a lot more interesting around here. We might be able to rationally look at the things the team did, rather than waste time reading about why the player the Bills just drafted will suck because Mel Kiper or Nolan Nawrocki didn't have them rated as high on their draft boards.

I have a feeling the Bills will take an OL with their next pick, though I think they will take a C, rather than an LT. There are some very good Cs left in the draft, and taking one of them would allow Hangartner to move to his natural position of LG and move Levitre out to LT, where he spent most of his college career and really seemed to hold his own in the few appearances he had at the position last year. No matter what, Levitre at LT, at least to start the year, would be a better move than starting Bell, whom I think is going to need a bit more time to develop and get over that knee injury. I do, however, think that Bell could, in another year or two with additional strength and training, be a very good LT.

And watched.

Thanks for playing.

Sully thinks Thurman was the best player on the superbowl teams (better than bruce or Kelly or Bennet) and then thinks he was also the best player in football (better than barry sanders etcccc) at that time.....

Ask Sully why did Bil Belichek play only 2 def lineman in the superbow basically giving Thurman what he wanted if Thomas was indeed the biggest fear of a def coordinator.

Same thing happened in AFC championship game where Marty Schottz of KC played a dime defense the whole game....because he was scared to death of kelly lighting him up for 50pts...as was Belicheck.....

Thurman gained 166yrds against KC...and all an idiot like Sully can see is that thurman "produced" in the game....totally not seeing where the respect was given....

So what have you seen in the last 10 years to prove Sully wrong? CJ is a fantastic addition to the team, but was he a need right now? Sully opinions are just that opinions based on his observations. He felt that the Bills went for flash again rather than adding some needed position help. I think that not picking Clausen or Colt McCoy will come back to hamper this team. They were there in the lower rounds for the picking. Troupe though he seems good was only a player in non major conference. Are you really comfortable with the QBs we have?