Nix has something up his sleeve...

Since he has not yet drafted a QB or OT in rounds 1-3, im sure he has a plan to somehow build this line, and find a franchise QB. There is just no way he would pick a rb, a NT and DE, without any plans to build the line or for a QB. I think we will all be pleasently surprised in the near future :thumbsup:

have you seen us stop the run??? we cant. 2 picks today will go a long way to helping that. nice!

Precisely. People forget our problems on defense wanting us to score 100 points a game. Also, listening to the draft on the radio, there is a reason there have been mostly defensive players drafted - they are better prospects.

Precisely. People forget our problems on defense wanting us to score 100 points a game. Also, listening to the draft on the radio, there is a reason there have been mostly defensive players drafted - they are better prospects.

100 points! how about a effing touchdown! The only reason people could forget the bad defense is because the offense is even worse. AND BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hear that BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The games SUCK TO WATCH, because NOTHING HAPPENS when the Bills have the ball. NOTHING. For years now.

I believe that they are choosing the best guys available. That's fine.

Since he has not yet drafted a QB or OT in rounds 1-3, im sure he has a plan to somehow build this line, and find a franchise QB. There is just no way he would pick a rb, a NT and DE, without any plans to build the line or for a QB. I think we will all be pleasently surprised in the near future :thumbsup:

Not sure there is a QB in the plan for this year.

I fully expect that the round four pick will be an OL, most likely a tackle. If Bruce Campbell is there I'd like to get him, but he was a one year wonder at MD and Nix is not fond of one year production players. Not sure who the pick will be, but should be a tackle. However, keep this in mind. Levitre played LT for three years in college. Hangartner's natual position is G. Don't be surprised to see the Bills take a C, perhaps Ted Larson from NCSU, who won the Jim Ritcher award to play center. That would allow them to move Hangartner to G, and move Levitre over to LT. D. Bell then becomse the LT back up, and can work on getting bigger and improving his technique. Jamon Meredith and Cornell Gree can fight for the starting job at RT, and Eric Wood starts at center. Just a thought.

Also, there are still good OL and skill players left. This was a very deep draft, and most of the players taken in the first four rounds have a higher percentage chance of becoming solid NFL starters.

100 points! how about a effing touchdown! The only reason people could forget the bad defense is because the offense is even worse. AND BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hear that BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The games SUCK TO WATCH, because NOTHING HAPPENS when the Bills have the ball. NOTHING. For years now.

I believe that they are choosing the best guys available. That's fine.

Thank you. I can't believe how many people are THRILLED about going heavy on D, and want more, more, more of the same. That's great, as long as you're not forced to watch the games. How about an offense that can chain together multiple first downs on a fairly consistent basis? Or one that can SCORE AN OFFENSIVE TOUCHDOWN MORE THAN ONCE A GAME. That's not too much to ask. If you're going to suck, which describes the Bills for the last 10 years and also next year, can't you at least be entertaining in the process? Those crappy Bledsoe teams were at least fun to watch. Watching this team the last few years, I wanted to blow my brains out in the 2nd half of almost every game. Even some of the wins were soul-draining and pure agony to watch for most of the game.

I just don't get it. These people are fantasizing about rebuilding the 2000 Ravens. That's the fantasy? The best you can imagine? Not the 70s Steelers (HoF QB), 80s 49ers (HoF QB), 90s Bills or Cowboys (HoF QBs), or 2000s Patriots or Colts (Future HoF QBs)? No, let's aim for a team that's unwatchable on one side of the ball, and hope we pick up a Trent Dilfer type who can complete 1 long pass a game.

Oh wait, I forgot: We've got THE PLAYMAKER now. Spiller will be good for 1-2 touchdowns a game all by himself. He's so fast that our crappy OTs will play really well! And stacking the box won't work against him, because have you seen his 40 time? I take it back, our offense will be gangbusters.

Thank you. I can't believe how many people are THRILLED about going heavy on D, and want more, more, more of the same. That's great, as long as you're not forced to watch the games. How about an offense that can chain together multiple first downs on a fairly consistent basis? Or one that can SCORE AN OFFENSIVE TOUCHDOWN MORE THAN ONCE A GAME. That's not too much to ask. If you're going to suck, which describes the Bills for the last 10 years and also next year, can't you at least be entertaining in the process? Those crappy Bledsoe teams were at least fun to watch. Watching this team the last few years, I wanted to blow my brains out in the 2nd half of almost every game. Even some of the wins were soul-draining and pure agony to watch for most of the game.

I just don't get it. These people are fantasizing about rebuilding the 2000 Ravens. That's the fantasy? The best you can imagine? Not the 70s Steelers (HoF QB), 80s 49ers (HoF QB), 90s Bills or Cowboys (HoF QBs), or 2000s Patriots or Colts (Future HoF QBs)? No, let's aim for a team that's unwatchable on one side of the ball, and hope we pick up a Trent Dilfer type who can complete 1 long pass a game.

Oh wait, I forgot: We've got THE PLAYMAKER now. Spiller will be good for 1-2 touchdowns a game all by himself. He's so fast that our crappy OTs will play really well! And stacking the box won't work against him, because have you seen his 40 time? I take it back, our offense will be gangbusters.

. I can't believe how many people are THRILLED about going heavy on D

It's the old "Defense wins championships" chestnut. If people prefer a team that is more known for defense, I'm fine with that. You still need to score. This team can't, and it demoralizes THE DEFENSE (as in "let's go out there and get our heads bashed, our knees twisted, and our bones crushed, to get the ball back for the offense, knowing that there is a slim to none chance of winning, or making the playoffs, or even scoring a touchdown". Not to mention that the defense spends way to much time on the field, defending poor field positions.

A DECENT (meaning not insufferable) offense is needed for a defense to take over a game.

Here's what some are forgetting:

On offense, Chan Gailey > Skeletor+Doughboy.

The offensive plan at OBD is based partly on the conviction that the talent we have is not as bad as it looked last year, and that Chan will be able to do more with it than Dick Jauron ever could. No, it will not be a juggernaut, but it won't need to be. With an improved D, turn only a few field goals into touchdowns and our record is much better.

I believe as the season progresses we will find this to have been a sound plan.