Browns, Seahawks & Lions having good draft-passing us by

Three of the worst teams in the NFL have had a great 3 rounds so far, much better with both selecting the best player available as well as filling needs than the Bills have. Looking like the league is going to leave us and the Raiders fighting for the top pick this time next year. Our draft has been one big mystery and head shaker. We came into the draft with 3 huge holes, and have attempted to fill one of them, the NT, with a DE? The other two have been ignored. Any quarterback that had a chance of being a franchise QB is gone now. Not looking good. With this team, we will have to keep handing it off, even if we are down by 4 touchdowns, with no QB and no OL. Hopefully Buddy is watching Holmgren and Pete Carroll to watch how it is supposed to be done.

Three of the worst teams in the NFL have had a great 3 rounds so far, much better with both selecting the best player available as well as filling needs than the Bills have. Looking like the league is going to leave us and the Raiders fighting for the top pick this time next year. Our draft has been one big mystery and head shaker. We came into the draft with 3 huge holes, and have attempted to fill one of them, the NT, with a DE? The other two have been ignored. Any quarterback that had a chance of being a franchise QB is gone now. Not looking good. With this team, we will have to keep handing it off, even if we are down by 4 touchdowns, with no QB and no OL. Hopefully Buddy is watching Holmgren and Pete Carroll to watch how it is supposed to be done.

This makes no sense whatsoever. Troup is very defintely an NT.

You have no idea if this is true. None.

Call back in 3 years.

Just STFU because you obviously dont know what your talking about.You need to do some research before you post bull.... like this.Troup is and was a 3-4 nose tackle.

Sounds like you need your diaper changed.

Y'know, I think you are all being way too hard on billsfreak. The dude came here and posted what was clearly a well thought-out opinion.

First of all, everyone knows you can rate a draft immediately. The minute a team picks a player, you just KNOW how it's going to turn out. By the time they've picked three players, you can then easily predict the number of wins/losses in the upcoming season. Just because most of you need three or four years to determine the success or failure of a draft doesn't mean that billsfreak can't immediately see how bad these picks were.

And let's face it, we should be able to throw darts at a draft board while wearing a blindfold and have better picks than the Browns, 'Hawks and Lions. But we didn't. Theirs were great. Ours sucked. And if you can't realize that at the end of Day 2, then maybe you need to find a new sport to follow...like gay softball.

Keep up the good work, billsfreak. Don't let these whinyass babies keep you down. WE know who's right. And that's all that matters.

I'm in Cleveland tonight was at Flannery's Irish Pub and I can tell you that the fans were not happy happy with the 2nd round pick of another DB, they are not happy with the third either.

Take something and get some rest bud.

when i read the thread title I just knew who posted it. I am not going to lay into you again freak, there will be plenty to do so for me. and I will enjoy reading you get blasted. this one below is great! dont you just LOVE your responses?

quote name='LABillzFan' date='Apr 23 2010, 11:40 PM' post='1836002']

Y'know, I think you are all being way too hard on billsfreak. The dude came here and posted what was clearly a well thought-out opinion.

First of all, everyone knows you can rate a draft immediately. The minute a team picks a player, you just KNOW how it's going to turn out. By the time they've picked three players, you can then easily predict the number of wins/losses in the upcoming season. Just because most of you need three or four years to determine the success or failure of a draft doesn't mean that billsfreak can't immediately see how bad these picks were.

And let's face it, we should be able to throw darts at a draft board while wearing a blindfold and have better picks than the Browns, 'Hawks and Lions. But we didn't. Theirs were great. Ours sucked. And if you can't realize that at the end of Day 2, then maybe you need to find a new sport to follow...like gay softball.

Keep up the good work, billsfreak. Don't let these whinyass babies keep you down. WE know who's right. And that's all that matters.

Classic. Gay softball. Nice Touch. Billsfreak obviously needs to take a nap.

i miss your posts..you should come back more lol :beer:

Apparently there was only one franchise QB and he went first. Barring that did you want them to pick Clausen, Tebow, or McCoy just so we could pretend?

This board is getting embarrassing to be associated with. Here's how it works:

1. You read mock drafts

2. They mean nothing

3. You get these guys names swirling in your head ie. Kindle, Cody, McCoy, Shipley (a white receiver, hallelulah), Cam Thomas?, Bruce friggin Campbell?

4. The Bills pass on them and take a guy that wasn't on YOUR radar

5. Every other team also passes on them

6. You, with your utter simplemindedness, deduce that a) the Bills don't know what they're doing and b) you know more than the rest of the 31 other GM's in the league also

7. Finally, someone inevitably takes one of these guys and because they have amassed more guys that you've heard of from your silly mock drafts, you waste your already useless time and come on here and tell everyone how good a draft they've had

8. Nobody knows! I'm sure there was someone somewhere in 1985 that was like, "Andre Reed? Kutztown State? The Bills don't know what they're doing!"

9. I'm drunk, good night.

10. Carrington was a friggin steal!

Go find another team already. You have been on a crusade for months now. You hate everything about the team so go find another.

This board is getting embarrassing to be associated with. Here's how it works:

1. You read mock drafts

2. They mean nothing

3. You get these guys names swirling in your head ie. Kindle, Cody, McCoy, Shipley (a white receiver, hallelulah), Cam Thomas?, Bruce friggin Campbell?

4. The Bills pass on them and take a guy that wasn't on YOUR radar

5. Every other team also passes on them

6. You, with your utter simplemindedness, deduce that a) the Bills don't know what they're doing and b) you know more than the rest of the 31 other GM's in the league also

7. Finally, someone inevitably takes one of these guys and because they have amassed more guys that you've heard of from your silly mock drafts, you waste your already useless time and come on here and tell everyone how good a draft they've had

8. Nobody knows! I'm sure there was someone somewhere in 1985 that was like, "Andre Reed? Kutztown State? The Bills don't know what they're doing!"

9. I'm drunk, good night.

10. Carrington was a friggin steal!

+1 outstanding post. :beer:

Let's break down these picks for a moment before we start claiming that everyone is having a much better draft than us. You actually never know the answer to that until the guys are in pads playing the game anyway. But from the outside looking in, here is my point of view so far.

#9. CJ Spiller - This guy was regarded as the best RB in the draft and one of the most dynamic playmakers in all of college football. He's 5'10", 195lb, and ran a 4.27 40 yard dash. The guy not only is a RB with great vision, but he also is a complete back with great hands that can run patterns out of the backfield and make the catch when the ball comes his way. You give this guy the ball in space and he is almost guaranteed to make some guys miss and could take one to the house at ANY point. He can stop, change direction, and get back to full speed faster than anyone I've seen since Barry Sanders. Am I saying he's Barry Sanders reincarnate? No, but I think he has that kind of potential. Despite the "needs" of LT, QB, and maybe OLB I think we got ourselves one heck of a RB that was worthy of his draft slot.

#41. Torell Troup - I had seen a few videos prior to the draft on this guy and read some glowing reports about how well he would fit in the NT role of a 3-4. He's compared to Terrence Cody, just a bit lighter version for sure. Either way, I saw in the videos where he is actually a very disruptive player and seems to fit the mold of a guy we're looking for. My first choice would've been Cody and then Joseph a close 2nd. That's me though. Do I think Troup will be able to get it done? Yes, I saw where he was very effective clogging up the middle and he will surely help us against the run. Three year starter, solid production, and need = a Buddy Nix kind of guy. I'll take it.

#72. Alex Carrington - Love this pick. This guy is going to be a VERY GOOD DE in our new 3-4. I think he will be a starter at some point this coming season, due to his ability and not due to injury. This guy is big, fast for his size, very athletic, and strong. He could be our version of Richard Seymour. He will be excellent against the run and has the ability to disrupt the QB. I'm telling you, watch what Giff and Bob get out of this guy as he progresses through training camp and in the preseason.

So far we have gotten a dynamic playmaker for our offense and two guys that will improve our defense in the trenches. How bad is that? Seriously? We still have 6 picks left in this draft to address other positions. Just because it wasn't done in the first three rounds does not mean that the players we get will be turds. This is not Madden, this is real life football and you find good, if not great, players in the later rounds every year. Am I saying every guy we draft will be an impact player? No, but I believe that this FO has got things going in the right direction.