Round 3, Pick #72: DE Alex Carrington Arkansas State

SDS

A fifth-year senior, Carrington put two excellent seasons together to cap his career with the Arkansas State defense. He has a good combination of size, strength and speed for an interior defensive lineman. He doesn't have great lateral quickness or agility to come off the edge as a 4-3 end but is well suited for a five-technique in 3-4 scheme. He is best at the point of attack, anchoring versus the run, and is effective pushing the pocket as a bull rusher. He has a decent feel for blocking schemes and restricting running lanes when using proper pad level and hand use. Carrington is inconsistent to shed blockers and get to the pile but has the natural arm strength and power to improve in this area. He is a good tackler in a restricted area but lacks great burst and range out of the tackle box. Carrington has the measurables and raw talent to vie for a starting position after his second or third season in the league.

I like it, another big body. The Bills are final getting it -- you need to pound the crap out of people to win. This DL needed a lot of help and they are getting it.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another damn good pick for WHAT WE ARE DOING!

He doesn't have great lateral quickness or agility to come off the edge as a 4-3 end but is well suited for a five-technique in 3-4 scheme. He is best at the point of attack, anchoring versus the run, and is effective pushing the pocket as a bull rusher

Great 3-4 DE and the last I checked we are running a 3-4. Seems the goal right this minute is to get the Defense up to speed ASAP

Another damn good pick for WHAT WE ARE DOING!

He doesn't have great lateral quickness or agility to come off the edge as a 4-3 end but is well suited for a five-technique in 3-4 scheme. He is best at the point of attack, anchoring versus the run, and is effective pushing the pocket as a bull rusher

Great 3-4 DE and the last I checked we are running a 3-4. Seems the goal right this minute is to get the Defense up to speed ASAP

Now we need some LBs

Wow, passing up OT again. I guess they really think Demetrius Bell is a good NFL starter at this point, and Jamon Meredith is a good NFL backup. They're wrong, unfortunately.

Carrington wouldn't be a bad pick if there was zero quality available at OT, or if we already had something at OT. Can anyone honestly say that depth at DE behind Stroud/Edwards/Johnson/Kyle Williams some of the time is more important than depth at OT behind Bell/Green/Meredith/Chambers?

OK, he has good size for a 3-4 end. I would have rather had Campbell, but I guess I can live with this. Gotta check youtube and see if I can find some video because this kid wasn't on my radar at all.

If I am a QB currently signed with the Bills, am I ever going to get some pass blocking help?