Was it the Steve Young show last night on ESPN?

Much like the NFL pre-game shows which have become unwatchable over the last decade, ESPN has lost sight of the fact that less is more. Young must have thought that there was only 1 person on the set instead of 5. STFU!

The often forgotten KISS principle should come into play here. Berman, Kiper & TJ on the main set with the occasional cut away to Suzy, Mort, Schefter and the remote site reporters. Whether Kiper is right or wrong, he is what has made watching the draft enjoyable over the last two decades.

Thankfully it was the Steve Young show. He was the only one on set who would actually criticize picks - everybody else would pretty much just compliment every pick as if they had HoF potential. Other than Young I found ESPN's show to be extremely watered down. If I could stand listening to Faulk or Sanders I'd watch NFL Network - but I can't so I'll tune into ESPN again tonight.

Much like the NFL pre-game shows which have become unwatchable over the last decade, ESPN has lost sight of the fact that less is more. Young must have thought that there was only 1 person on the set instead of 5. STFU!

The often forgotten KISS principle should come into play here. Berman, Kiper & TJ on the main set with the occasional cut away to Suzy, Mort, Schefter and the remote site reporters. Whether Kiper is right or wrong, he is what has made watching the draft enjoyable over the last two decades.

Agree completely

I actually found the whole thing somewhat uncomfortable to watch...everyone was trying to get their opinions in. Berman was doing his shtick and Gruden and Young were doing most of the talking. TJ barely got a word in the whole night. Just too many dudes.

I actually found the whole thing somewhat uncomfortable to watch...everyone was trying to get their opinions in. Berman was doing his shtick and Gruden and Young were doing most of the talking. TJ barely got a word in the whole night. Just too many dudes.

I found it very un-enjoyable to watch... JMO

Though the Gruden swearing on national TV... Hillarious!

This may be the first time I'm saying this, but I agree that they did not let Kiper speak enough. The guy knows relevant facts about almost every player in the draft, but we get comments from the others that are irrelevant or worn-out cliches.

Tom Jackson actually said something along the lines of "McClain is a good player, and the Raiders need to draft good players." Well no S*** TJ.

Amen. :worthy:

I was all set to watch Kiper & I forgot that Gaylord Young was on, incredibly worthless and boring zzzzzzzzzzzzz, had to watch NFLN instead. :w00t: