Spiller Reaction NFLN vs ESPN

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I was watching on ESPN only bc the bar here in Portland was showing that coverage......so if you watched the ESPN coverage it was kind of robotic. But I just found this NFLN video of their coverage......everyone loved the pick.....and Deon Sanders interviewed CJ....enjoy

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/09000d...ls-take-Spiller

I just went back on my DVR and watched Gruden absolutely going off in his praise of Spiller. It feels good for a Buffalo 1st pick to actually be praised for once.

also, I need to ask, did anyone else see Berman lose his cool? it was during the Tebow pick (actually right before).....ESPN was seguing in from a "feel good draft flashback" but the camera was on the crew too early I suppose, and caught Gruden saying to Kyper something to the affect of "....they should say its a crazy league with a lot of dumb ass ....(picks?)...." and Kiper starts cracking up as Berman tries to distract and pull things together. It was pretty funny...then even funnier was another time where Berman started freaking out b/c the camera was on them while they were talking "off mic". Good stuff...unitentional comedy...

I was drinking quite heavily at the time, so maybe I am not recounting it very accurately

also, I need to ask, did anyone else see Berman lose his cool? it was during the Tebow pick (actually right before).....ESPN was seguing in from a "feel good draft flashback" but the camera was on the crew too early I suppose, and caught Gruden saying to Kyper something to the affect of "....they should say its a crazy league with a lot of dumb ass ....(picks?)...." and Kiper starts cracking up as Berman tries to distract and pull things together. It was pretty funny...then even funnier was another time where Berman started freaking out b/c the camera was on them while they were talking "off mic". Good stuff...unitentional comedy...

I was drinking quite heavily at the time, so maybe I am not recounting it very accurately

You got it right....and both were quite funny

I feel great about this pick...seems like a humble, hard working kid that we'll be able to take a lot of pride in as one of our own.

Welcome to B-lo, CJ!!!!

I just went back on my DVR and watched Gruden absolutely going off in his praise of Spiller. It feels good for a Buffalo 1st pick to actually be praised for once.

Saw that too. Overall, I wasn't impressed with ESPN's coverage. Everything seemed scrambled. They were all clumsy after the Spiller pick except JG.

This vid from NFLN was much crisper and these guys were better prepared, IMO.

Thanks for the link! <_<

I was texting with my nephew as he watched ESPN and I watched NFL Network. He said everyone on ESPN with the exception of Gruden was killing us and saying these kinds of decisions are why we lose. On NFL Network, they loved it. He is a playmaker, can score from anywhere on the field, for what they want to do he's perfect...

I just think ESPN is a buch of Egos who think if people don't agree with their assessment then they are wrong. Kiper and McShay both suck. I trust Mike Mayock's opinion much more than those two ESPN hacks. If the Bills were not sold on any LT or NT I'm fine with the "playmaker". I just hope they can address their "needs" later in the draft.

I was texting with my nephew as he watched ESPN and I watched NFL Network. He said everyone on ESPN with the exception of Gruden was killing us and saying these kinds of decisions are why we lose. On NFL Network, they loved it. He is a playmaker, can score from anywhere on the field, for what they want to do he's perfect...

I just think ESPN is a buch of Egos who think if people don't agree with their assessment then they are wrong. Kiper and McShay both suck. I trust Mike Mayock's opinion much more than those two ESPN hacks. If the Bills were not sold on any LT or NT I'm fine with the "playmaker". I just hope they can address their "needs" later in the draft.

did you guys hear mayock say, spiller had 52 tds in his college career and 21 of those went for 50 or more yards. that is f*cking redicilous and i am very happy with this pick.

I heard Mayock say that in Path to the Draft and that's an over the top number. He's by far the best player in round 1. The Bills did the best in round one.

I don't know what was happening with the production last night, but there were about five instances of the camera/mic being live when the ESPN guys were not aware they were on, either coming back from commercial or cutting back from the podium.

Also, Tom Jackson looked drunk. Also looked like he wanted to punch Steve Young in the head.