Ut Oh, Nix Says We Are Keeping Lynch

Of course he has to say that now. By failing to trade Lynch before the draft and then picking Spiller, Nix just made it a lot harder to get a decent pick for him. Everyone knows he's our #3 RB now and no one is rushing to give us a great deal on our #3 RB.

I was optimistic about getting a 3d for him before, but I don't see that happening now.

Especially with Detroit and SD drafting RBs. How many landing spots does that leave Lynch? Tampa? Seattle? I wouldn't even be surprised if we dropped Lynch today that he would have to wait until a training camp injury for anyone to offer him a contract.

Especially with Detroit and SD drafting RBs. How many landing spots does that leave Lynch? Tampa? Seattle? I wouldn't even be surprised if we dropped Lynch today that he would have to wait until a training camp injury for anyone to offer him a contract.

Wow. Ive seen some stupid posts over the last day, but this statement might be the winner!

I see a lot of negative reactions to the Spiller pick. OK. Doesn't seem to make sense to some because of current RB talent all ready on this team. There is one other variable to add to the equation though. Chan Gailey. We are not going to see the same offense. Why? This is a coach who is known for his ability as an offensive mind, which is a big difference from last year. The addition of Spiller + Gailey = results. Yes, we still have needs. Lets see what the rest of the draft produces. We have 6 more rounds and maybe another trade or two. We could very well surprise some people before this thing is over.

Wow. Ive seen some stupid posts over the last day, but this statement might be the winner!

You are overestimating Lynch's value. It speaks volumes that AJ Smith, who desperately needed a RB and has a relationship with Buddy Nix would rather trade up 16 spots in the 1st to pick a RB who has never played a down in the NFL than keep their second round pick and get Lynch for a 3rd or 4th. The market for average RBs who are followed everywhere they go by a cloud of trouble and drama is virtually non-existent.

Spiller will get his touches. Lynch will get his touches, and jackson will get his touches. Plenty of ball to go around, especially with a guy as versataile as Spiller.

Yup. One touch for each running back before they punt.

I would take 88 receptions and 1300 yards from scrimmage as a rookie any day of the week.

Spiller is more complete than that IMHO though. He is faster (Spiller ran a 4.27 40 while Reggie ran a 4.41 40), and I think that SPiller will be able to run between the tackles a little more effectively.

Bush excelled in college in part because he was on a GREAT team. Spiller excelled in college because he's freaking amazing. I'm going on record right now in stating that Spiller is twice the player Bush is.

Yup. One touch for each running back before they punt.

I think he will get TONS of touches. You know how often the opposition is going to score giving him return opportunities!! Hopefully he has a nice family like Ted Ginn Jr.

You were expecting Nix to candidly say, "We want Lynch outta here now!"??

C'mon. Of course, they still want Lynch; and if they don't get an acceptable offer, they want him to come back and be ultra-motivated to rip it up on the field instead of ripping $20 bills out of some woman's hand.

You are overestimating Lynch's value. It speaks volumes that AJ Smith, who desperately needed a RB and has a relationship with Buddy Nix would rather trade up 16 spots in the 1st to pick a RB who has never played a down in the NFL than keep their second round pick and get Lynch for a 3rd or 4th. The market for average RBs who are followed everywhere they go by a cloud of trouble and drama is virtually non-existent.

So you really think Lynch would get no offers until training camp if the Bills released him tomorrow?! I'm not saying we should get a 2nd round pick for him, but let's be realistic.

So you really think Lynch would get no offers until training camp if the Bills released him tomorrow?! I'm not saying we should get a 2nd round pick for him, but let's be realistic.

I'm not saying it for certain, just that I wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

Bush excelled in college in part because he was on a GREAT team. Spiller excelled in college because he's freaking amazing. I'm going on record right now in stating that Spiller is twice the player Bush is.

Absolutely right! Spiller is an extremely rare back. He looks like a clone of the Titans' Chris Johnson ---only quicker, in my opinion. I don't know that I've seen anyone hit the hole with as much speed in years. He made Clemson go---he wasn't made by a great Clemson team.

I don't know whether a RB should or shouldn't have been the #1 choice, but this kid is very special.

Absolutely right! Spiller is an extremely rare back. He looks like a clone of the Titans' Chris Johnson ---only quicker, in my opinion. I don't know that I've seen anyone hit the hole with as much speed in years. He made Clemson go---he wasn't made by a great Clemson team.

I don't know whether a RB should or shouldn't have been the #1 choice, but this kid is very special.

He's got that same acceleration from a dead stop after he jukes a defender that Chris Johnson has.

Lynch is gone. Buddy's playing the game, hoping to get at least a 3rd for him or maybe package him for a player. You don't burn a 9 pick on a scat back change-up. He's our guy after he gets his pro legs under him. Won't take long. The kids a rocket and hitting him is like putting your thumb on a pumpkin seed.