Ted Ginn 2.0

drewfla

The Bills just drafted a kick returner at number 9 just like the Dolphins a few years ago and are probably destined to trade him for a 5th in a few years like Ginn. To draft a guy that will only play 3rd down and return kicks at 9 is arrogant and stupid for a trainwreck of a franchise.

The Bills just drafted a kick returner at number 9 just like the Dolphins a few years ago and are probably destined to trade him for a 5th in a few years like Ginn. To draft a guy that will only play 3rd down and return kicks at 9 is arrogant and stupid for a trainwreck of a franchise.

What a short-sighted post...

This guy is a RB you tard... :unsure:

you have obviously never seen the guy play but you could have at least looked up his stats before posting this which only proved how little you actually know

Oh I don't even know where to begin. Being a huge Ohio STate fan I followed Ted Ginn's career. He has talent, because he is fast. The yards he racked up in College were due to the fact he out ran the coverage and Troy Smith could get him the ball.

He was never able to get yards after contct and only saw success stretching the field. CJ can run, catch and has speed. What a great player to team up with Freddie! I love this pick!

Just wait until you see this guy return punts!

I'm just playin I think Spiller will be really good for the Bills and fills two needs rb and wr....at least next year. We got the best guy avaialable and that is all u can ask for. now lets trade up and get Clausen. AS much as he is a douche, he's still a big get in the 2nd round.

flexibility in the return game is always good. parrish will hopefully remember how to return a kick, mckelvin will be back healthy, freddie and mcgee wont have any of the added wear and tear. should mckelvin, spiller, or anyone breakout on offense/defense there are a ton of top flight returners on this team to keep the return game on par, and the our stars rested

thats not worth the 9 pick, but i think there will be a lot more to his game then returner

You don't know what you're talking about. He can play on any down and from multiple spots on the field.

You have no idea what your talking about, first off this guy is RB not WR. Second the guy can flat out run and at 200lbs is an everydown back if need be. The way things unfolded he was the best, most dynamic player available and were luck to have this kid. Marshawn is gone and not soon enough IMO! Buddy was the right pick for GM and he made the right pick for the team. GO BILLS!

It looks like the guy has the ability to find a hole and hit it extremely fast unlike our last 1st rd rb who couldnt find a hole if it was staring at him in the face. Lynch could make a 5yrd loss into a one yrd gain and that is all we really saw from him. I believe if Lynch ran behind a great oline he would produce good to great numbers however its the rbs that can find a hole and explode thru the tiny ones ala Barry Sanders that can make a bad or average oline look great and Spiller is that type of back. He will open up the passing game because teams will have to respect the speed and ability of Spiller alone. The question to ask is do we have any qb that will take advantage of the matchups SPiller is gonna give our offense.. This is a GREAT PICK, it does more to improve our offense than any LT or Qb we had the chance at drafting.

How about Reggie Bush...I think that is a better comparison...at least from what others say about the pick. The Bills did not nwant to reach for the OT and DT as they probably have guys like Davis and Dan Williams graded at the same level as some others in the 2nd round.

The biggest surprise for me is Nix's statement afterwards regarding Marshawn Lynch. Does this mean Fred Jackson is the likely trading bait ?

I will defend you man you are spot on. College and the NFL are different and Spiller is not a 3 down back. His role will be similiar to the one Reggies Bush has, which is primarily gimmick player/kpunt returner.

<_<:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Every analyst out there says Spiller is a better back than Lynch and Freddy. He was the consensus "most likely to make the Pro Bowl as a rookie" pick on NFLN Monday.

+1. wasted pick. crap. he and our minor league O Line will do very little against NFL defenses which he will discovery very quickly are just as fast as he is. very disappointing. but you know, the fans will just keep showing up. I wish I was Ralph Wilson. At least the Jax fans have brains enough to stay away when the product sucks.

retard alert!!!!

watch his game tape idiot, he's a running back: 10-15 carries a game plus flex out potential AND return ability

and that was a priority at No. freakin' 9 draft position? 10 carries and 2 or 3 punts returns (lord knows we won't have more than 2 or 3 of those a game) ? are you insane? we have great returners out the f ing wazoo, two high quality running backs (one of which we can't get anyone to take) and all kinds of slot and flexout guys... the original post is spot on.. this is the 2nd coming of Ted f ing Ginn. Why couldn't we take a tackle, continue to build our team and get on with life? running backs are the easiest guys to get in the NFL.. they are everywhere.. quality O Lines are as rare as solar eclipses. All we can hope is that quality O lineman fall to them at no 2. Spiller behind Demetrius Bell will do no better than Fred Jackson. Or you or I. Gosh this franchise is stupid. And the Pats simply trade down twice and now have about a thousand draft picks. Unbelievable.

Every analyst out there says Spiller is a better back than Lynch and Freddy. He was the consensus "most likely to make the Pro Bowl as a rookie" pick on NFLN Monday.

Utility guys who see the ball 10-15 times a game don't make the pro bowl pal. and behind our o line, the Vikes, Jets and Steelers will absolutely kill him. and teams that win like 3 games send no one to the pro bowl. he may be great, but behind D Bell (who couldn't block me when he wasn't false starting) he will do nothing more than Lynch, dodge around looking for holes that simply are not there.... and NFL LBs and safeties are just as fast and athletic as he is, so nowhere to run nowhere to hide CJ. I think the Bills just ensured they will have the no 1 pick next year. Ted Ginn part deux. Too bad. Bills just trying to sell tickets to a desperate fan base again.

and that was a priority at No. freakin' 9 draft position? 10 carries and 2 or 3 punts returns (lord knows we won't have more than 2 or 3 of those a game) ? are you insane? we have great returners out the f ing wazoo, two high quality running backs (one of which we can't get anyone to take) and all kinds of slot and flexout guys... the original post is spot on.. this is the 2nd coming of Ted f ing Ginn. Why couldn't we take a tackle, continue to build our team and get on with life? running backs are the easiest guys to get in the NFL.. they are everywhere.. quality O Lines are as rare as solar eclipses. All we can hope is that quality O lineman fall to them at no 2. Spiller behind Demetrius Bell will do no better than Fred Jackson. Or you or I. Gosh this franchise is stupid. And the Pats simply trade down twice and now have about a thousand draft picks. Unbelievable.

Great pick by the Bills. Next pick up either McCoy or Clausen, the rest of the draft after that should be used for linemen. Rounds 2-7 is where you build teams.

I'm just playin I think Spiller will be really good for the Bills and fills two needs rb and wr....at least next year. We got the best guy avaialable and that is all u can ask for. now lets trade up and get Clausen. AS much as he is a douche, he's still a big get in the 2nd round.

I agree. He is a douche. So lets pass on o lineman AGAIN, draft Clausen so we can enjoy him getting his brains beat in behind D Bell. Now you're talking entertainment. I might actually buy tkts from Ralph to see that. Reduces the franchise to WWF status (which is pretty close to where it is right now) but what the heck. anything to sell tkts.. right Russ B.?

I agree this is an arrogant and stupid pick. Although Ginn was more of a receiver. The fact Spiller is a running back makes it worse. The line at Clemson was better than the Bills line is, however the Defenses in the Pros are much better

then he has seen. We need to establish our lines and get a quality QB. Jackson and Lynch, assuming he play, are fine.

Bad pick, but par for the course.

Ohio St fan here...

BIG BIG supporter of Teddy Ginn, but even I knew Ginn at 9 was dumb. Guy is fast, a wr. BUT he is very small and a straight line sprinter. I still thinks he has success in the NFL. but im sorry. Ginn & Spiller are 2 different animals.

Spiller is a rb and a scat back which is EXACTLY what Chan needs. Anyone saying this isnt a need doesnt understand the spread offense. This guys is absolutely a need. Chan needs to create mismatches. Spiller is the human mismatch. You cant pass on this guy if you think he is the answer. Ginn, fast and fun, but not Spiller.