All Time Draft Busts (Updated Part III)

1) Terry Miller 1978 # 5 Overall

2) Al Cowlings #5 over all

3) Phil Dokes # 12 over all (played 2 yrs in NFL)

4) Perry Tuttle # 19 overall

5) Mike Williams # 4 over all (played 3 yrs With Bills) with The Skins now

6) John mcCargo # 26 overall ( tied to trade him, failed physical, cant believe he is still on team)

7) Eric Flowers 2nd round

7) Walt Putuski #1 over all played 5 yrs ( moved down the list, but he still was a#1 pick)

8) Tony Hunter # 12 over all

9) JP Losman # 22 ( Im aware the team wasn't that talented, but that Jets game solidified him being a bust)

10) Tom Cousineau #1 over all (never played for the Bills even though we got the kelly pick, I think he should be on the list)

11) Tom Rudd 1975 # 19 Overall

12) Roscoe Parrich 2005 # 55

Cousineau was a good player, just not for us. When we traded him, I think we used one of the picks from the Browns to get Jim Kelly.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6) John mcCargo # 26 overall ( tied to trade him, failed physical, cant believe he is still on team)

7) Walt Putuski #1 over all played 5 yrs ( moved down the list, but he still was a#1 pick)

9) JP Losman # 22 ( Im aware the team wasn't that talented, but that Jets game solidified him being a bust)

10) Tom Cousineau #1 over all (never played for the Bills even though we got the kelly pick, I think he should be on the list)

I haven't read the whole thread so I don't know if it was added later, but my God how is Booker Moore, 1982 1st round draft pick from Penn St. who didn't play his first year due to a nerve disorder and I don't think even gained 1,000 yards during his CAREER as a Bills back, not on this list?

I haven't read the whole thread so I don't know if it was added later, but my God how is Booker Moore, 1982 1st round draft pick from Penn St. who didn't play his first year due to a nerve disorder and I don't think even gained 1,000 yards during his CAREER as a Bills back, not on this list?

Kept him off, becuase he did play and he was injured. " He was diagnosed with Guillain-Barré syndrome shortly after being drafted."

Ill put him on

I would not call JP Losman a bust. I think the definition of bust is a highly publisized, top tier talent from college, with high expectations to succeed in the NFL, and JP, while talented to a point, should never have been drafted in anything higher than the 3rd or 4th round.

Really if you think about it, we forced him to be considered a bust since we drafted him that high, and it was no surprise to anyone outside of WNY that he wasn't going to make it. If we didn't draft him at all, I wonder where he would have been selected, and by whom?

Not a first rounder - but how about Bucky Brooks - pick 48 in 1994 - could be worst 2nd rounder of all time

Can someone tell me who the heck these 2 guys were?

1985 - #29 G Mark Traynowicz

1984 - #41 WR Eric Richardson

I would not call JP Losman a bust. I think the definition of bust is a highly publisized, top tier talent from college, with high expectations to succeed in the NFL, and JP, while talented to a point, should never have been drafted in anything higher than the 3rd or 4th round.

Really if you think about it, we forced him to be considered a bust since we drafted him that high, and it was no surprise to anyone outside of WNY that he wasn't going to make it. If we didn't draft him at all, I wonder where he would have been selected, and by whom?

JP was a bust. If you draft a player high and he fails, he's a bust. And, by the way, every mag I saw, had JP rated as a 1st rounder. Great guy, but, sadly, for all of us, a bust. I blame Donahoe for not trading up (with Jax, it woulda been easy) for jagermiesterberger...

Go Bills!

Kept him off, becuase he did play and he was injured. " He was diagnosed with Guillain-Barré syndrome shortly after being drafted."

Ill put him on

Man, coldstorage5, look at you being all up on your thread. Good info and good update there.

Thank you my friend, and by the way I did not mention this before but this a great thread.

Amazing some of the gaffs that this team has made in its history.

<_<

Ronnie harmon has 8000 yd and 500 receptions.

great call on parrella and Tony hunter!!!

Parrella may have been a bust for The Bills but he played for 12 years in the NFL and was an excellent DT in SD for years... <_<

One of the 1st "bust" names that came to mind for Me was Texas DT James Patton who was Drafted #55 Overall in 92 and was on the Bills Roster for only 2 Years...If I remember right he got hurt...But that's a 2nd Round Pick who basically never saw the Field...

If I recall correctly Green Bay was very interested in him with their 1st round pick.

Parrella may have been a bust for The Bills but he played for 12 years in the NFL and was an excellent DT in SD for years... <_<

Patton and Parella were both busts. Mistakes on John Butler's (RIP) part for drafting 4-3 tackles when we played a 3-4 D.

Thank you for all the Suggestions. I have been updating,... This just shows why we have had lean yr's in the 70's and the 00's.

Terrible drafts in those years.

11) JD Williams # 16 overall ( 4 yrs with the Bills, 6 overall)

13) Booker Moore 1981 # 28 RIP,.... He was diagnosed with Guillain-Barré syndrome shortly after being drafted.

14) Bucky Brooks 1994 , Round: 2 ,Pick: 48

Great job, I started watch the Bills in 1980,.... So I learned a lot here,

Hope fully we will draft well tonight

Thank you for all the Suggestions. I have been updating,... This just shows why we have had lean yr's in the 70's and the 00's.

Terrible drafts in those years.

11) JD Williams # 16 overall ( 4 yrs with the Bills, 6 overall)

13) Booker Moore 1981 # 28 RIP,.... He was diagnosed with Guillain-Barré syndrome shortly after being drafted.

14) Bucky Brooks 1994 , Round: 2 ,Pick: 48

Thanks for the abbreviated list. The Bills problem is that the list of flops is almost endless and the list of great players is very small.

Patulski is the clear winner.