Tom Modrak

So who is he locking in on this year? I believe he will trade back into the 1st round to get either Colt McCoy or Tim Tebow and give up more valuable picks.

He has proven that the players he has locked in on and traded up for in the past have never developed (Losman, McCargo, Poz, Denney)

How is he still with the organization? By my account he has drafted one true Pro Bowl caliber player in his time with the Bills: Jarius Byrd. You know his huge misses: Maybin, Lynch, Ellis, Whitner, McCargo, Losman, Mike Williams. Why should I believe he will find success this year?

The fact that he is still with the team makes me think he had little input into who actually was chosen. The evidence would have been there as to what type of information he was providing. His board might have said Orakpo or Oher and someone might have pushed the choice in a different direction. He certainly would not have been responsible for pulling the trigger on trades.

The fact that he is still with the team makes me think he had little input into who actually was chosen. The evidence would have been there as to what type of information he was providing. His board might have said Orakpo or Oher and someone might have pushed the choice in a different direction. He certainly would not have been responsible for pulling the trigger on trades.

correct

So who is he locking in on this year? I believe he will trade back into the 1st round to get either Colt McCoy or Tim Tebow and give up more valuable picks.

He has proven that the players he has locked in on and traded up for in the past have never developed (Losman, McCargo, Poz, Denney)

How is he still with the organization? By my account he has drafted one true Pro Bowl caliber player in his time with the Bills: Jarius Byrd. You know his huge misses: Maybin, Lynch, Ellis, Whitner, McCargo, Losman, Mike Williams. Why should I believe he will find success this year?

We traded back the year we picked Clements. We traded with Tampa!

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Seems as whomever had final say always drafted need over best player available especially in round #1. Who that is/was? Not sure.

The who I am guessing over the years it was a combo of donahu, marv, jauron, Wilson, and maaaaybe a little bit of Brandon. I am hoping that is the case, since most of them won't have any input. The only one to be cautious about is Wilson. But I think he will trust Nix enough to not interfere too much.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Seems as whomever had final say always drafted need over best player available especially in round #1. Who that is/was? Not sure.

There were "rumblings" that he favored Brian Cushing the USC LB drafted by Houston. Naturally, he had a terrific year while the Bills' Maybin was the invisible man on the roster.

He's a scout, he gives input but does not make the final decisions.

I agree he doesn't make the final decision, but his official title is Assistant General Manager, so I am guessing his input carries more weight then you think.

I agree he doesn't make the final decision, but his official title is Assistant General Manager, so I am guessing his input carries more weight then you think.

Modrak being Asst GM is similar to Russ being the GM.

Title only, no real power.

Fans like you are really really annoying. I dont know how poz had nvr developed, and how is lynch a miss????? He has had 2 thousand yd seasons and last yr wasn't really givin a chance to do much last yr because he was nvr in long enough, an example of this is the jets game in Toronto last yr. On

now i'm gonna get the numbers wrong but it was around 6 carries for 65 yds one of them being a long one and after the one drive where he racked up those numbers he didn't run the ball once. And for Maybin how is he s miss he has played 1 season at DE where no player really puts up numbers there first season. So I understand why ur mad but don't pull down every player we had, fans like you get really annoying.

I agree that Modrak will probably be gone once this draft is over. The work on the 2010 draft was already underway when Nix and Co. came into town. I'd think Nix and Whaley want their own guys.

Modrak is the only holdover from the Donahoe era, that in and of itself pushes me to hope he's dropped after the season. I agree he's not the sole person to blame but he shares some culpability, to act like he had no impact for the ten years he has been here is ridiculous.

And where's the link showing that he locked in on those players?

Because there are about a million links out there showing that he did NOT lock in on Whitner, that he was arguing hard for Cutler that year, and also didn't want Maybin, he wanted Cushing.

You might want to also look for all the stories talking about the fact that he has never been in charge of the Bills draft, because this post is just nonsense.

Tom Modrak will be gone this time next week.

I agree that Modrak will probably be gone once this draft is over. The work on the 2010 draft was already underway when Nix and Co. came into town. I'd think Nix and Whaley want their own guys.

Dude, who was the guy who recruited Nix out of retirement?

That would be Modrak. Modrak IS a Nix guy.

I'm with the majority here. Modrak is in charge of scouting. I'm pretty sure he's not the one making the pic. why don't you wait till after the draft, this draft without jauron,donahoe,or marv, before you throw him under the bus. I think the Nix/gailey draft will be a pleasant surprise.