Bills VERY high on G-Tech WR?

Thomas/Bills...Georgia Tech WR Demaryius Thomas told Sirius NFL radio hosts Adam Schein and Rich Gannon, that the Buffalo Bills have shown the most interest in him during the pre-draft scouting process.

http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/2010Draftnews.html

* I have said it before, and I will say it again...I think he might be the best receiver to come out of this draft.

Thomas/Bills...Georgia Tech WR Demaryius Thomas told Sirius NFL radio hosts Adam Schein and Rich Gannon, that the Buffalo Bills have shown the most interest in him during the pre-draft scouting process.

* I have said it before, and I will say it again...I think he might be the best receiver to come out of this draft.

we have bigger needs than WR. If he drops to round 3 or beyond, fine. other than that, get the front lines fixed. we can draft WRs and QBs and RBs next year.

Given his connection to Chan Gailey, I'm not surprised that they're showing some interest. I don't necessarily believe they'll pick Thomas, but they have a major need at the position, one I expect them to fill sometime in the 2nd or 3rd round.

You must not watch many WRs then. GT offense was 99% run and 1% fade/hitch. This guys failed miserably in running his route tree and his break offs were terrible. He is as fast as the day is long but guys that can not run proper routes do not develop.

look at Tate and Benn, those are WRs.

You must not watch many WRs then. GT offense was 99% run and 1% fade/hitch. This guys failed miserably in running his route tree and his break offs were terrible. He is as fast as the day is long but guys that can not run proper routes do not develop.

look at Tate and Benn, those are WRs.

It's impossible to learn to run routes? I would think that is something that could be taught, rather than size or speed. Also, Benn can't catch a cold.

True he is raw given especially the offence he played in at Tech. Still he has a very rare combo of physical skills. If he learns his routes he could be the next Andre Johnson - if he does not-Brandon Marshall. Either way the chances are that he develops into an elite receiver. Don't see the Bills having a realistic opportunity to draft him though, given other, more important needs and where he is likely to go.

There is a huge need for another wide receiver on this team; however, I think it depends on where he is drafted. If the Bills can fill their needs along the lines, then he would be a good addition. We know Gailey knows what kind of player he can be. Hopefully, he will fall to us. There are a lot of players I would like the Bills to draft. It's just that the Bills do not have that many high draft picks.

we have bigger needs than WR. If he drops to round 3 or beyond, fine. other than that, get the front lines fixed. we can draft WRs and QBs and RBs next year.

There is no way he is still on the board come Friday morning.

I wouldn't be opposed to that... assuming we draft a OT at 9... and Demaryius drops to us in the 2nd... which by the way doesn't seem likely...

It's impossible to learn to run routes? I would think that is something that could be taught, rather than size or speed. Also, Benn can't catch a cold.

How did you get impossible from what I wrote? Do you really want to waste a high pick on a WR that runs terrible routes, played in a predominantly run oriented offense and takes 3 years to develop? Raiders East is about right. Gotta stop looking at the sparkly item in the window and build this team right.

I like him better than Bryant. He makes great catches in traffic and he doesn't have all the character concerns that Bryant has. He was the only receiving threat on that team and when opponents knew they were going to be throwing it, they couldn't stop him from catching it.

Unless there aren't any at good values where we draft next year. Then we couldn't.

We aren't going to be good next year anyway. Don't reach for positions. If a WR is the best player available at the spot, take him. If three guys are equal, take the QB first, linemen second and everyone else third.

You'd think lifting weights could be taught, too. It's just lifting stuff off the ground. Yet some guys are better at it than others. You'd think you could teach speed, too. Don Beebe does. Yet some guys are just faster. Running routes requires physical smoothness and dexterity, it requires excellent body awareness, it requires leg strength and body control and explosiveness.

Some guys just aren't built that way. If it could be taught easily, what would be the big deal, because it's absolutely crucial to being a good reciever.