Bills VERY high on G-Tech WR?

Thomas/Bills...Georgia Tech WR Demaryius Thomas told Sirius NFL radio hosts Adam Schein and Rich Gannon, that the Buffalo Bills have shown the most interest in him during the pre-draft scouting process.

http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/2010Draftnews.html

* I have said it before, and I will say it again...I think he might be the best receiver to come out of this draft.

Since I don't watch hardly any college football, is this a good thing?

Is he a potential 1st rounder, or is he somebody we could really get value at #3 or #4?

Hardy still can't run routes after 2 years - so not as easy as it sounds

That might be relevant if the guy had been able to play. Considering he missed most of last season with a knee injury and played in three games his rookie year. Seriously? I think we might want to see what the guy can do on the field, or actually have him run a route before calling him out as a bust.

As for Thomas, he played well with Tech, though his route running is still rough. That's coaching. The kid has a lot of talent and would certainly help filling a need on the team. We only have three receivers that we know can go out and play on this team. Another really good one wouldn't hurt. That being said.

1) Dan Williams NT

2a) Tim Tebow QB

2b (via Trade) Roger Saffold OT

3) Best RB/WR Available

I like him better than Bryant. He makes great catches in traffic and he doesn't have all the character concerns that Bryant has. He was the only receiving threat on that team and when opponents knew they were going to be throwing it, they couldn't stop him from catching it.

Not only could they not stop him from catching the football they could not catch him after he caught it. There is lots of tape of him flat out running away from those speedy little guys in the secondary. Gentlemen please, 6'3" 230 lbs and has run a 4:38 40. He is fast, bad fast. He also has great hands (his hands are enormous) and is a willing and very accomplished blocker. An important comparison with James Hardy is Thomas' ability to use his size and strength to advantage against inevitably smaller DBs. This is one of the most glaring deficiencies in Hardy's still young and hopefully developing game.

Not all great receivers are polished route runners - Brandon Marshall. And there is nothing to show that this cannot be coached even at the NFL level.

DT is also a quality individual - stuck with the programme at GT instead of transfering out to a more pass oriented offence.

Every chance that he will be a game changer at the next level.

Having said all that I do not expect the Bills to draft him. He is expected to go middle to late first rate. Just not in the cards unfortunately given our other needs and likely opportunities.

Since I don't watch hardly any college football, is this a good thing?

Is he a potential 1st rounder, or is he somebody we could really get value at #3 or #4?

He is a potential 1st rounder...but he may slip for a couple different issues.

If we could get him in the 3rd or 4th, which is 100% not going to happen....THAT would be the steal of the draft!

You must not watch many WRs then. GT offense was 99% run and 1% fade/hitch. This guys failed miserably in running his route tree and his break offs were terrible. He is as fast as the day is long but guys that can not run proper routes do not develop.

look at Tate and Benn, those are WRs.

Apparently you were so busy watching other college WR's that you completely missed the 46 catches for 1,154 yards and 8 touchdowns that Demaryius Thomas caught last year as a JUNIOR. You must have also been swamped the day he torched Mississippi State for 8 catches, 174 yards and a score. This kid was money for GTech. He also had his best games against the better competition they played (5x127 against Georgia, 6X133 against Miami).

Thomas is a great WR (one of the two best in this draft and on par with Calvin Johnson). This would not be a bad pick for Buffalo, just not the one I would make (I think we need the OLine).

we have bigger needs than WR. If he drops to round 3 or beyond, fine. other than that, get the front lines fixed. we can draft WRs and QBs and RBs next year.

Sure bigger needs, but the draft is a crapshoot. And with so many needs they are better off choosing the guys that they believe have the best chance to excel. Yes, they need to improve the lines, but to just say "this year it's lines, next year it's receivers and tight ends, and the next it's linebackers" is foolish. After all these bad drafts, if they had just drafted guys that ended up a good value for the picks, they would be Super Bowl contenders.

Good linebackers can make the lineman and /or defensive backs look good. A good QB can make the lineman look good. A running back can help open up the passing game. Blah,blah,blah! Even though I want a QB more than a left tackle, I will be content if they get a star-level player (doesn't have to be a "superstar") at just about ANY position (no defensive backs, PLEASE!), that actually plays here for awhile.

It hasn't been the POSITIONS of the guys they have drafted through these lean years, it's been the PLAYERS. They have been choosing the wrong guys.

And of course they can't seem to find a QB.

Sure bigger needs, but the draft is a crapshoot. And with so many needs they are better off choosing the guys that they believe have the best chance to excel. Yes, they need to improve the lines, but to just say "this year it's lines, next year it's receivers and tight ends, and the next it's linebackers" is foolish. After all these bad drafts, if they had just drafted guys that ended up a good value for the picks, they would be Super Bowl contenders.

Good linebackers can make the lineman and /or defensive backs look good. A good QB can make the lineman look good. A running back can help open up the passing game. Blah,blah,blah! Even though I want a QB more than a left tackle, I will be content if they get a star-level player (doesn't have to be a "superstar") at just about ANY position (no defensive backs, PLEASE!), that actually plays here for awhile.

It hasn't been the POSITIONS of the guys they have drafted through these lean years, it's been the PLAYERS. They have been choosing the wrong guys.

And of course they can't seem to find a QB.

I want him more than any qb or ot

we have bigger needs than WR. If he drops to round 3 or beyond, fine. other than that, get the front lines fixed. we can draft WRs and QBs and RBs next year.

The guy is slated to go in the top 15, if not the top 10 in most draft boards. Round 3, is nearly impossible