Scheffler, Sims Traded

TE Tony Scheffler to the Lions, LB Ernie Sims to the Eagles, Undisclosed pick to Denver per Adam Schefter

I really don't understand the Broncos's new philosophy of letting all their talent go. At least we scooped up Andra Davis via it.

As I just noted on Twitter: The Lions now have NONE of their draft picks from 2002-06 left on their roster.

Nice work, Millen.

ADD: BG, Pettigrew is rehabbing an ACL.

I really don't understand the Broncos's new philosophy of letting all their talent go. At least we scooped up Andra Davis via it.

McDaniels wants players that fit his mold, whatever exactly that is.

Drives off/trades players that do not.

I think the Eagles are the team that benefits the most from this trade. For a 5th round pick, they get a quality starting weakside LB, who is still relatively young (25). Good move.

Agreed, very good move on their part. I actually respect what Denver is doing...get the guys off your team that dont fit the system (or who are malcontents) and move on.

The trade is weird to me. Eagles are the clear winners here, parting with only a 5th to grab a legit starting OLB. The Lions acquire a good TE but only one year after drafting the draft's top TE last year. The Broncos get a measley 5th for a starting TE. McDaniels may be showing he's "large and in charge" there in Denver but in only one year he's managed to trade away the team's top three offensive players.

Dumb move by the Broncos, great move by the Eagles and Lions.

Sounds like we could've had Sheffler for a 5th and 7th. Buddy, are you awake? Somebody check his pulse.

They probably like Shawn Nelson's upside enough to not have considered Scheffler. Like Nelson, his strength is not in-line blocking. Lions have Pettigrew to handle blocking at the POA.

Sounds like we could've had Sheffler for a 5th and 7th. Buddy, are you awake? Somebody check his pulse.

Why? We already have a young, pass catching TE in Shawn Nelson. The reason he was drafted.