Your plans for 4/20?

Fingon

No it doesn't, its about $75 for an install right now and then people pay about $50 a month for the service of renting them from the company that puts them in (another way of generating money). Those interlocks record data that is downloaded monthly and sent to either a court or Probation officer and many of these people will get revoked from probation if any alcohol is detected at any time. That would not be the case for the general public, there would be no reason to record the data because it wouldn't get sent to any court or probation officer.....the car simply wouldn't start. Don't you get that a court can charge whatever they want if someone is convicted of a crime? Courts generate money from criminals, and good for them. You simply can't compare what somebody who was convicted of a DUI has to pay compared to what the general public would pay. If these devices were massed produced and mandatory they would not be that expensive.....I would estimate < $300. Sorry I don't have an exact dollar amount.

what would happen if I downed some Listerine or robitussin on my way out the door and was late for an appointment and my car shuts down b/c it senses booze

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what would happen if I downed some Listerine or robitussin on my way out the door and was late for an appointment and my car shuts down b/c it senses booze

Let me tell you a little something about Dextromethorphan :devil:

Well the interlock's would most likely be set at legal limit (.08 for every state I think, could be wrong) so you'd have to drink a sh*tload of robitussin to trip the interlock, and if you were over a .08 on robitussin you still shouldn't drive. As for mouthwash, I'm assuming you don't swallow it, but alcohol that is not consumed into one's body and is just on your breath will only last for a matter of minutes....a quick rinse with of your mouth with water would be enough to rid your breath of the alcohol.

Well the interlock's would most likely be set at legal limit (.08 for every state I think, could be wrong) so you'd have to drink a sh*tload of robitussin to trip the interlock, and if you were over a .08 on robitussin you still shouldn't drive. As for mouthwash, I'm assuming you don't swallow it, but alcohol that is not consumed into one's body and is just on your breath will only last for a matter of minutes....a quick rinse with of your mouth with water would be enough to rid your breath of the alcohol.

No I heard he swallows.

:unsure: I like that idea. Much more entertaining than a breathalyzer!

Great, now you don't only want stoners driving into my car you want me to kill myself trying to dodge them as they run through traffic. :lol:

Actually that does sound fun. Goddamn hippies.

Please, I posted earlier how stoned driving isn't much worse than regular driving. Prove it wrong, debunk it. Find a study.

This debate isn't about research and reality. It's about preconceived notions and cultural biases.

Some folks love control more than they love personal freedoms.

I want someone to answer my point about ignition interlocks for alcohol being mandatory on all new cars. Would you be for/against this and why? I'm just curious to see what people think.

What are you, a friggin nut-job? You want the gubmint to decide when you get start your own car?? What happens when states start caving again to the MADD lunatics and drop the legal BAC down to .02?? Oops...I just took cough syrup, now my car won't start.

:thumbsup:

Hey the first thing we've agreed on in this thread. :thumbsup: I really don't think there is any price to high to pay for that type of safety. But until then we have to keep substances that are illegal and impair illegal. :lol:

You make very flawed arguments and fail to see how they hold no substance. You aren't for making alcohol illegal, but weed should never be legalized according to you. As has been said many many times before, alcohol and many prescription drugs impair you significantly more than weed ever can.

Listen, we live in a me-society. Everyone is out for their own good, such as you and me. You are worried about stoners hurting you (as illogical as it is) and are against legalizing it, but I am for it because I enjoy the relaxing effects and how it makes me feel. You will never change your stance, and we will never change ours. The problem is, you are so close-minded to the situation (much like the uninformed American public) that you refuse to listen to logical arguments and resort to degrading others for what they like to do.

You make very flawed arguments and fail to see how they hold no substance. You aren't for making alcohol illegal, but weed should never be legalized according to you. As has been said many many times before, alcohol and many prescription drugs impair you significantly more than weed ever can.

Listen, we live in a me-society. Everyone is out for their own good, such as you and me. You are worried about stoners hurting you (as illogical as it is) and are against legalizing it, but I am for it because I enjoy the relaxing effects and how it makes me feel. You will never change your stance, and we will never change ours. The problem is, you are so close-minded to the situation (much like the uninformed American public) that you refuse to listen to logical arguments and resort to degrading others for what they like to do.

You know I just tend to degrade people that do illegal ****. :thumbsup:

But you're taking the me, me, me stance here because you just want it legal because you smoke it. I want it kept illegal to protect eveyone from impaired people which you know will increase if it's legalized.