New Stadium in LA Rumor

Munch

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...tadium-project/

Last paragraph:

Then there's the relatively minor issue of, you know, having a team to play there. Possible candidates include the Jaguars, Chargers, Rams, Raiders, 49ers, and Vikings

No mention of the Bills for once!!! :bag:

I was kinda excited. :w00t:

Jags, Rams, Raiders, and Vikings I understand.

Chargers? I knew they had stadium issues, but I thought that was cleared up?

And the 49ers? Unless i missed something, I do not see this happening.

Chargers? I knew they had stadium issues, but I thought that was cleared up?

And the 49ers? Unless i missed something, I do not see this happening.

All the Chargers did was make a half ass attempt to make the stadium more ADA compliant for the Super Bowl. The condition over all is still crap.

All in all the only real success story in the NFL for California is the Niners. Every team that has stepped foot in southern CA has failed because we have really nice weather, beaches, and lots to do besides football. San Fran is stuck on a peninsula, fogged in all the time, and the team has a great history and is accessible. As for the Raiders, someone had to placate to the scumbags of the NFL fan base.

Whoever ends up in that LA stadium would need to win quick, and win often because that area has a very short attention span

Fiorio got it right for a change. The Bills potentially moving anywhere is completely contigent on Ralph Wilson dying. When he dies, they will probably be the most likely candidate. But the Bills, unlike these other teams, are NOT candidates to move under their current ownership- a concept nobody seems to understand.

I get why people post this but I heard from a LA developer how hard it is going to be to get a new stadium built in LA. The Chargers and 49ers both badly need new stadiums. The state is in bad shape finacially. Mostly for a new stadium to be built, a new owner will have to put down a lot of their own money. So on top of the price for buying the franchise, which isn't peanuts, you're looking at some premium money to put towards a stadium. Then you have to find a location that people will support going to.

LA basically treats USC as their pro team. UCLA should be better next year. There are a ton of other things to do in LA. I really don't see pro football going there in at least a decade at the earliest. Personally, i really don't give this much thought.

San Fran is stuck on a peninsula, fogged in all the time, and the team has a great history and is accessible.

The City is hardly fogged in all the time, especially during the bulk of the football season when we see our best weather.

Candlestick is in the Southeastern part of SF among the most sunny of micro-climates in the City.

Part of the SF stadium brouhaha is exactly about accessibility, and how the Stick, though on a major transportation artery, has major egress problems (and is antiquated and is perched on a toxic site).

I'd like the Niners to move back into the park with an updated Kezar - now that's centrally located.

The Chargers stadium is probably the worst stadium I've ever been in. It's just terrible and the layout is not fan friendly at all. That place needs to be imploded. As much of a dump Oakland's stadium is, I'd rather go there than San Diego. If anybody needs a new stadium it's the Chargers.

The Chargers stadium is probably the worst stadium I've ever been in. It's just terrible and the layout is not fan friendly at all. That place needs to be imploded. As much of a dump Oakland's stadium is, I'd rather go there than San Diego. If anybody needs a new stadium it's the Chargers.

The Chargers need a consistent fan base first. After living there and seeing them go through good times and bad, those "fans" will love them one day and for get they exist the next. It's a transient area and LA is in the same boat. You won't ever meet fans of a team like Pitt and Dallas that go back generations. No matter who one day gets that stadium, it would take an act of god to succeed at the level they would need to justify building it. They could do a Multifunction park and couple up with the Angels, but a dedicated stadium would be a big mistake.

The Chargers need a consistent fan base first. After living there and seeing them go through good times and bad, those "fans" will love them one day and for get they exist the next. It's a transient area and LA is in the same boat. You won't ever meet fans of a team like Pitt and Dallas that go back generations. No matter who one day gets that stadium, it would take an act of god to succeed at the level they would need to justify building it. They could do a Multifunction park and couple up with the Angels, but a dedicated stadium would be a big mistake.

When was the last multifunction park made? The baseball/football stadium is a dying breed.

Also, what's the story with the Rams' dome. Wasn't that just built in the mid-late 90s?

All the Chargers did was make a half ass attempt to make the stadium more ADA compliant for the Super Bowl. The condition over all is still crap.

All in all the only real success story in the NFL for California is the Niners. Every team that has stepped foot in southern CA has failed because we have really nice weather, beaches, and lots to do besides football. San Fran is stuck on a peninsula, fogged in all the time, and the team has a great history and is accessible. As for the Raiders, someone had to placate to the scumbags of the NFL fan base.

Whoever ends up in that LA stadium would need to win quick, and win often because that area has a very short attention span

True. L.A. can do without football very easily. And Qualcomm is a dump! Chargers could very well move.

Last paragraph:

Then there's the relatively minor issue of, you know, having a team to play there. Possible candidates include the Jaguars, Chargers, Rams, Raiders, 49ers, and Vikings

No mention of the Bills for once!!! :thumbsup:

I was kinda excited. :unsure:

how many times is this going to resurface?

Jacksonville is the most likely candidate.

Then perhaps the Rams, with the Raiders closely behind.

That's it.

I think the Rams are the most likely. First, they are having stadium issues. Second, they are originally an LA team even before the Raiders. Third, they left LA because there was too much competition with the Raiders for seats.

As far as the Bills, it won't happen until Wilson passes away, and even then, there will be pressure from the politicians to keep the Bills in Western New York. Plus, the Bills always sell out.

Last paragraph:

Just pick Tebow at #9 and make sure Jags go to LA.

Last paragraph:

We've become so irrelevant that they forget to mention us as a team to move now.....