Cleveland looking to trade UP to #1 overall

papazoid

I've made peace with the fact that neither Bradford or Clausen will be available at our pick. If Clausen somehow gets past the Browns, DO NOT put it past Al Davis to take him a pick before us.

A cocky California kid with a "me against the world" mentality? That's music to Al's ears.

I've made peace with the fact that neither Bradford or Clausen will be available at our pick. If Clausen somehow gets past the Browns, DO NOT put it past Al Davis to take him a pick before us.

A cocky California kid with a "me against the world" mentality? That's music to Al's ears.

Look - if Clausen goes in front of us that increases the chance that one of the top three OT's does.

Bradford - Suh - McCoy - Okung = 4/8 picks in front of us

Still left are Clausen - Trent Williams - Bryan Bulaga - Eric Berry.

If they ALL go, that leaves us with NT Dan Williams or Spiller perhaps. They could also go with Davis or Campbell or Haden (doubtful)

Dez Bryant will also still be there and Morgan.

I think pick 5 is the key: If the Chiefs go TACKLE then the "tackle run" begins. If they go Berry (which is what I expect them to do), then one of tackles OR CLAUSEN probably falls to us.

T-Minus 7 days and 5 hours (8:45 pm is when the Chiefs pick).

-RnJ

true, but I've read the argument that Oakland taking Clausen would be Davis admitting a mistake in Russell. not likely. (even tho he should)

but ya gotta love the aggression and risk tolerance Holmgren has shown thus far...the NFL is a place where aggression is often rewarded. buddy and chan might have missed that chapter.

While I agree that you have to be aggressive, you have to be smart aggressive. Technically Al Davis and Danny Snyder are aggressive every year and look at where that's gotten them.

[

if that fails.....they will probably take Clausen at #7

Actually, just the opposite may be true...

Cleveland supposedly does not like Clausen....you never know who's blowing smoke at this time of year, but if they're looking to move up, it would only make sense if they're down on Clausen and they think Bradford is significantly better. And if that's the case, and Clevelend doesn't work a deal with StL, then I seriously doubt that they would take Clausen at #7.

Actually, just the opposite may be true...

Cleveland supposedly does not like Clausen....you never know who's blowing smoke at this time of year, but if they're looking to move up, it would only make sense if they're down on Clausen and they think Bradford is significantly better. And if that's the case, and Clevelend doesn't work a deal with StL, then I seriously doubt that they would take Clausen at #7.

Exactly. The walrus wants Bradford. If St. Louis feels he is desperate, the price goes up.

I bet he wishes he didn't say what he said about Clausen. If he had any interest in Clausen,

he wouldn't be on the phone with St. Louis. You can bet your bottom dollar that Clausen will be

there at #9.

Exactly. The walrus wants Bradford. If St. Louis feels he is desperate, the price goes up.

I bet he wishes he didn't say what he said about Clausen. If he had any interest in Clausen,

he wouldn't be on the phone with St. Louis. You can bet your bottom dollar that Clausen will be

there at #9.

Not if St. Louis likes Clausen enough they're willing to trade away the chance to select Bradford. If St. Louis makes the trade, it's most likely they rate Clausen almost as high as Bradford & are taking Clausen at pick 7.

It might be possible with the amount of money that St. Louis will have to fork over for the #1 pick.

Personally, I will begin to vomit a little in my mouth if the Bills select Spiller, kind of like the time they drafted Flowers.

Trade down, draft Gerhart in the second.

It might be possible with the amount of money that St. Louis will have to fork over for the #1 pick.

Personally, I will begin to vomit a little in my mouth if the Bills select Spiller, kind of like the time they drafted Flowers.

Trade down, draft Gerhart in the second.

Compare Spliller to Flowers. That is funny now

Not if St. Louis likes Clausen enough they're willing to trade away the chance to select Bradford. If St. Louis makes the trade, it's most likely they rate Clausen almost as high as Bradford & are taking Clausen at pick 7.

I meant if no trade happens. Cleveland will pick someone else if they are still at #7

I personally don't treat guesses as facts and "make peace" with them, but if that's the way you want to handle it, hey, go for it.