Even if Bills have a Perfect draft (Grade: A+)

Even if Bills have a Perfect draft (Grade: A+)  

115 members have voted

1. 1. What place do we finish in the Division?

• Win division
    • 2nd place
    • 3rd
    • Last
    • Not 1st but get Wild Card spot

With all of the upgrades on paper that our division rivals are making, things are starting to look rough for the Bills this upcoming year. So lets say the Bills have an absolutely perfect draft (for argument's sake, in everyones opinion). And lets say they somehow fill all possible needs via draft and draft day trades. How do we finish this year in our division?

With all of the upgrades on paper that our division rivals are making, things are starting to look rough for the Bills this upcoming year. So lets say the Bills have an absolutely perfect draft (for argument's sake, in everyones opinion). And lets say they somehow fill all possible needs via draft and draft day trades. How do we finish this year in our division?

get back to me after the draft and after free agency is over. there simply is not enough information yet to make an informed decision. but if i had to guess now, i would say last. but we all know some teams can go worst to first. do i think it'll happen. no. could it happen. yes

Its not that simple...an A+ draft doesnt mean those guys will reach their full potential their rookie years. Last years draft was easily and A considering we got 4 starters out of the first 5 picks, and Maybin looks like he will be a starter at a position much better suited for him this year. Add to it that Byrd is Pro Bowl potential and Nelson should be a much bigger factor in the passing game this year and it looks to be like an A+ on its own.

Now, if we go out and have another A+ draft, that doesnt mean that all of these guys in this draft will be starting day 1 or really show their impact early in the season.

So, even if we do have an A+ draft, that doesnt really mean we will see a huge difference in the standings this year. It will really set us up for a big 2011, especially if previous drafted young guys like Maybin, Hardy, Johnson, Nelson, and Brohm (not drafted by us, but was a 2nd rounder 2 years ago) can come in and make an impact this year to go with it.

People seem to forget that we won 6 games last year with an interim head coach, a revolving door at quarterback and O-line. Thats one win shy of what the Dolphins did. With that being said, we will win at least 9 games. Give Chan some time with the offense and George Edwards time with the defense, we will be in better shape than a lot of this high-spenders in our division. Its a TEAM game, dont forget.

People seem to forget that we won 6 games last year with an interim head coach, a revolving door at quarterback and O-line. Thats one win shy of what the Dolphins did. With that being said, we will win at least 9 games. Give Chan some time with the offense and George Edwards time with the defense, we will be in better shape than a lot of this high-spenders in our division. Its a TEAM game, dont forget.

We won 6 games last year, miracle, plain and simple...and I'm not even religous. The AFC-East (except for the Bills) got significantly better this year in free agency and we have a more difficult schedule. I say we win 1 division game and go .300 against rest of the schedule for a 4-12 season. I have been a fan for 35 years and saw my first game in 1976. I am planning on seeing them this year against Washington and the Ravens. I am not a basher, just a level headed educated fan. I wish we were better but we are what we are.

There is No reason to think we can't win the division, by all accounts we split 3-3 last yr, with a healthy team and improved offense and defense I think we can win the division. I'm not buying into some of teh "improvements made by the jets and phins"

Games aren't played on paper and the draft grade will not automatically change the results on the field. There are a lot of ways to illustrate this, but in the Bills case all you need do is look at recent drafts where they have been commended for adding "starters". Remember how great Lynch/Poz/Edwards looked 8 months later? Yeah, that's because it's easy to start for a lousy team. A+ though. I'm not even going to get into last years bonanza of "starters" on day 1.

The Bills best chance at avoiding the cellar of the AFC East in 2010 lies with Gailey and his ability to create offense by scheme, particularly a running game to dissect the divisions 3-4 defenses, and the Bills ability to put a better defense on the field, again by using a more effective scheme. It's a possibility that none of those improvements could be the direct result of new, rookie additions.

A perfect draft? Starters at LT, NT, DE, QB, OLB, RT, WR?

1. Trade down from 9 to the high teens and a #2, draft Bruce Campbell, an uber-talented but unmotivated LT who happens to start dating Tony Robbins daughter.

2. Mt. Cody falls to us at 41, marries a nutritionist, rooms with Campbell and they become best friends and neighbors.

2b. Carlos Dunlap-passed out at a red light= Bruce 2.0

3. Bills take a flyer on Tebow. After 3 victories, Trent is sidelined with injury. TT leads the Bills to a 4th quarter comeback. Scribes begin work on the 3rd Testament.

4. Eric Norwood- Fans affectionately cheer "Wide Right!" after big plays.

5. Jason Fox- miraculously falls to the 5th round due to TT prayer.

6. Riley Cooper- Catches 2 balls per game but avg. 26.4 ypc. Sheer embarassment causes Evans, Hardy and Johnson to excel.

by all accounts we split 3-3 last yr

By all accounts other than what actually happened on the field?

As far as the Bills having an 'A+' draft, that would be great, but they need 2-3 of those to become a highly competetive team.

By all accounts other than what actually happened on the field?

As far as the Bills having an 'A+' draft, that would be great, but they need 2-3 of those to become a highly competetive team.

we beat mia, and NYJ once and Im counting the opening game as a win, so we split the division last yr 3-3

we beat mia, and NYJ once and Im counting the opening game as a win, so we split the division last yr 3-3

So by the same token, you could say the first Jets game was a fluke with six INTs so they were really 1-5.

So by the same token, you could say the first Jets game was a fluke with six INTs so they were really 1-5.

No it doesnt work that way, we beat the jets and phins, and really should beat NE once, so I considered that we went 3-3 in division last yr. did we actually go 2-4 yeah, but come on, we had that NE game. So if we can replicate that plus 1 or 2 we could win the division, I am one of those that doesn't believe we are THAT far off. If the phins and jets can turn around quick so can the Bills.

Fill all possible needs? The win the Super Bowl. But there's absolutely no chance of them filling all possible needs.