Let the Doom & Gloom reign

I hope Edwards isn't risking further permanent damage. I like how Edwards played last year, plus anyone that sacks Brady gets a big thumbs up by me (especially in the playoffs). Edwards wasn't signed to a long-term deal, so he's basically a stop gap until our new rookies can develop and eventually take over the position.

I think you broke the record for the number of answers to your own post. Not only are you drinking the Kool Aid, but you must get off reading your own responses. Your repeated attempts to respond to every criticism displays your personal issues. Let it go; you are embarrassing yourself.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you broke the record for the number of answers to your own post. Not only are you drinking the Kool Aid, but you must get off reading your own responses. Your repeated attempts to respond to every criticism displays your personal issues. Let it go; you are embarrassing yourself.

I didn't know there was a limited number of responses you could make. Guess you're the chat room police, huh?! :thumbsup:

Why don't you open up your refrigerator, and get some cheese for your whine.

You can keep making up excuses "Strawman" etc, but anyone that thinks Jauron and Company coached and mentored our players to their full potential is blind.

I agree. That is why I don't think that big guy :lol:

I'm not saying these guys on offense get a free pass, but considering the huge cluster f@ck at OBD last year, I'd say these guys deserve a fresh start with a new coaching staff. We saw the same formations, the same plays. Jauron & co did not play to the players strengths, which is something Gailey is changing.

Something Gailey MIGHT change. Who knows what will happen. An over the hill middling coach who failed in college isn't exactly worth much optimism.

So you know for a fact that Troup was a reach. I didn't know you were an NFL scout? What the hell are you doing on here then? :thumbsup:

You should really stop using this response. You yourself said the Tebow thing was a mess, you admitted that NFL scouts / talent people make mistakes. Game, set, match.

Dolphins got Brandon Marshall, that's a good upgrade. But does anyone think Pennington or Henne are great QB's?

Jets, they added a over-the-hill RB and a WR that will be suspended for how many games. Plus, they have a California QB that can't play in bad weather.

Those poor suckers. Must have been tough watching this kid who can't play get them to the final 4. They have it bad. :thumbsup: Doom and Gloomers 10 . Idiots 0. But keep putting down those that are right last year, the year before, the year before that, etc. Facts and history versus a hope and prayer. Let me know when you come back to the world of reality.

Those poor suckers. Must have been tough watching this kid who can't play get them to the final 4. They have it bad. :thumbsup: Doom and Gloomers 10 . Idiots 0. But keep putting down those that are right last year, the year before, the year before that, etc. Facts and history versus a hope and prayer. Let me know when you come back to the world of reality.

Feeling good is what it's all about for many fans who cannot bear to hear their team isn't that good. After 10 years, merely rebuilding and hoping to be good in 2-3 years isn't good enough. They don't deal well with criticism, but cannot refute the obvious which is repeatedly mentioned here.

Jesus.

Randy, you only have a finite number of heartbeats in this life. You've lost about 4 since you started reading this response. Trust me. No snarky reply escapes that reality. Now it's 9 heartbeats. Maybe more.

If watching the Bills is such a goddamn painful enterprise for you, do us both a favor...

Go...the F...away.

"Lay Around the Shanty" - Jonathan Edwards

Jesus.

Randy, you only have a finite number of heartbeats in this life. You've lost about 4 since you started reading this response. Trust me. No snarky reply escapes that reality. Now it's 9 heartbeats. Maybe more.

If watching the Bills is such a goddamn painful enterprise for you, do us both a favor...

Go...the F...away.

"Lay Around the Shanty" - Jonathan Edwards

Been a fan since 1965. If watching them has NOT been a painful experience for the last decade then as far as I'm concerned you are not a fan. You'll go away long before me. Love this team but know when it's bad... how 'bout you. Enjoyed the last decade ???????? Do me a favor and don't read my posts Thanks.

Some fans entire self image is conflated with a football organization over which they have no say or control. Admitting the reality that the team has been a showcase of failure is tantamount to self flagellation. And they are the first to hypocritically tell other people to "get a life".

Haven't you learned anything the last decade of watching Bills football. This year will take us back to the 3-13 level we experienced under Greggo.

I agree more with you than the "over optimistic" fans that get burned everyear, but keep wagging their tails and coming back for more of the same. (I do appreciate the optimism though, and I think it's a great quality, but I want to be optimistic based on legitimate reasoning, and haven't seen any reason to be yet!) Here are my thoughts:

#1 The Bills talked about big-time coaches, and the media and fans as well. The Bills discussed Cowher, Shottenheimer's regardless of what they publically admit, and several others include Mike Shananhan. The reason they decided not to coach

Buffalo are multi-faceted reasons. First of all, the Bill's did not want to compensate top level coaching commesurate to the

level of earnings that one of these coaches would desire and demand. Secondly, the Bill's have a difficult drawing top free agent talent to our destination, based on their current history of not retaining many of their top free agents on payday...the list is numerous and includes a few for starters with many others: Jabari Greer, Nate Clements, Pat Williams, Antwoine Winfield, as these players like many others go where the team will give you fair market value, and they can collect their big pay day! If you can't draw the talent, it's hard to build a successful franchise. The difference is that when the Bills were a winner, Ralph gave Bill Polian the latitude to spend big money and keep players (self-admittedly, the current salary cap structure is much harder to accomplish this), and even though everyone say's that the salary cap prevents dynasties, and teams from harboring talent for great durations...Polian still does the same thing in Indianapolis and has a dynasty that even surpasses the four-time AFC Champion Buffalo Bills that he built. As a matter of fact, Polian Built the Indianapolis Colts in the image of the '90 Bills teams, using the same philosophy!!! So the arguement that "our" hands are tied is proven to be a lame excuse rather than a reason for our futuility as a franchise for the past decade!!!!

The point of all that is that we have had poor upper management, GM's, scouts, and personnel that make impact decisions.

We have been unwiling to keep our talent, and therefore each year we are filling holes that the Bill's organization has created. No coach except a washed up coach, a retread, that just wants a job with a resume that includes; mediocre credentials and networking connections of assistant coaches limited to the second best college football team in the state of georgia... doesn't quite quantify as a exemplary selection of a head coach in my book!!

#2 Selecting a 70 year old General Manager that has never served in the position of GM of any football club is undoubtedly a troubled hiring at the outset. The last team that I remember to recently give someone who had a nice resume as a head coach/hall of famer, but never served as a GM or any other capacity of a NFL front office was: Marv Levy who was also quite old for his title, and quite old to learn such a demanding position! In hindsight, it was a bad move that was applauded quite heavily by the fan base initially. Looking back in retrospect, the drafts did not work out too well, and although we thought we outsmarted the rest of the NFL, Mel Kiper, Draftnik guides etc...in the end, all these sources had a better assesment of talent than the Bills did. Another point about Buddy Nix is that he has said a couple things that are questionable, and could be considered quite dumb. First of all, he pretty much laid out the context of our first draft selection right on the table for everyone to see when he mentioned that the Bill's would likely go for a "Scatback early in the draft", I don't think the rest of the NFL took Nix seriously, but they won't be fooled the next time Nix prematurely, and unnecessarily announces his intent. Secondly, I did not take kindly of Buddy Nix announcing that he will be sleeping at Midnight when free agency first went into affect! If he is in the top position of the Bills personnel decisions and you have a chance to land a really good player in free agency which can instantaneously improve your team, knowing that the other GM's are going to be hot on the heels of some of the top talent and will try to sign the top talent before another team has a chance to, I feel that it is poor policy to announce you will be asleep at the helm! It also signifies, a blahzay, carefree, attitude in reference to your responsibility to the team, and regardless of any feedback on this issue, I feel that it is a poor choice on Nix's part.

#3 I also feel that the draft was a poor draft despite of what just the Bills fans are saying on this site! First of all...plain and simple Running back was a luxury pick that we did not possess this year (or any year recently), it was careless and

irresponsible. If we lacked for RB talent, that would be a different story, or if we would have traded M. Lynch I could also

come around to agreeing with the pick. Barring the Bill's making an off-season move trading Lynch for a positon of need

it is not justifiable. One of the selling points has been Spiller's special teams play, but I disagree with that mentality entirely as well as we already have very good returners in Roscoe Parrish, and also Leodis McKelvin amongst others.

I appreciate Spiller's abilities and his receiving skills as well, so this isn't a knock on Spiller at all, and since he's already here I am glad to have him. But, it was a unwise move as Fred Jackson has been fantastic, and Lynch can be good if he

loses the attitude and gets his head back into the game, and stays out of court rooms. RB was not a positon that needed

upgrading. When you total Fred Jackson, and Lynch's production together, and the potential of Joique Bell which a very intersting prospect that has great potential...How many more yards will Spiller really actually have than the tandem of 3 that I mentioned?? (Probably, no worse, but probably not much more, if any!)...

#4 The 3 main needs we had in the draft was a starting OLT, NT/DT, QB.... I am not convinced on Wang yet, but of course there hasn't been a snap yet! But, everything that I have researched about Wang mentions that he oddly has not lived up to his potential as of yet and is a underachiever that sometimes doesn't put in the effort or have the temperment that you want at the OLT position. Geez, to me he sounds more like Mike Williams than anybody else????? Troup was not projected to go as high as the Bill's took him, but I understand the pressure to draft a DT as several were off the board. I don't think Troup will become a good DT in the NFL. I think he'll become a starter on the Bills due to the lack of options.

I think it was also ridiculous taking a QB so late in the draft when you don't really have a starter on the squad at all ! A small time 7th round pick out of Troy State doesn't sound like the next Jim Kelly to me. If your going to draft a QB, when you don't really have one...you need to take a chance on one of the top 5 QB's or so that are out there! It is a high risk/high reward pick, but you have to take it! QB is the general of your offense and it is offensive that the Bill's place so little value in the positon since 1996!!! You can build a case and try to convince me, or a less than optimistic fan that we have a starter in Edwards, Fitzpatrick, or Brohm, and I'll respond politely...but inside you won't change my mind that the Bill's have just waited another year instead of pursuing the QB of the future and instead of getting that QB on the roster, have him learn the system, and playbook, get acclimated to the speed of the NFL and get his rookie year out of the way probably as the number 2 or 3 QB on the roster...we instead waste another year at least....and will start from ground zero

down the road. This might even bite Nix in the butt, and him Chan Gailey, and hopefully Tom Modrak (useless gum, that we should have spit out years ago!) will be sent packing eventually, so we can hire the next head coach and GM of the Bills in about 4 years....whomever is the lowest bidder that is!

#5 The Bills have more holes than "swiss cheese", and my prediction is a optimistic 5-11 season. Historically, teams that

initially switch from the 4-3 to the 3-4 defense or vice versa do not win as many as 5 games! Normally your talking 1,2,3 or the most 4 wins!! Besides a new defense, there will be a new offense, playbook, several new teamates, and a lot of players coming off of injuries (some quite severe) Hardy, Wood, McKelvin, etc........I can see the transition being tougher than the Bills anticipate, I can see a repeated injury problem which has occured at a high rate 2 consecutive years, difficulty in the offensive line gelling, and the new defense. I can see there being a QB controversy with the fans, as whomever the Bill's choose as the starter among the 4 open competition QB's! The first taste of inconsistent QB play (which should be expected given our past, and the QB's involved) fans will be calling for his head, and a new starter...I can

see them going through at least 3 QB's by the end of the year with no clear-cut starter heading into next off-season. Will they wise up and draft a QB or a FA that has "Franchise" potential then???? Probably not !!!!

History repeats itself, and after a few years in the new regime's grip, it would be hard to conceive, but you may remember

the Dick Jauron days as the most recent glory days of the Bills! This in itself would make me vomit, but I think what is in

store is going to be ugly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Some fans entire self image is conflated with a football organization over which they have no say or control. Admitting the reality that the team has been a showcase of failure is tantamount to self flagellation. And they are the first to hypocritically tell other people to "get a life".

I totally agree, and for those who don't, well, they probably just don't understand what they are reading!!! That's why, when I post about the realities of this franchise. I also get similar, mean spirited, responses. Because they think their love for the Bills, should be a blind, unconditional love, and they wag their tails and come running back for more of the same.

Some fans, are so blind, that they can't even admit just how bad it has been the past decade! Then, when the national media and other fans point out that the Bills organization is bad joke, they feel like the City of Buffalo, and them personally are getting picked on for no particular reason, other than, everbody hates Buffalo !

Seemed to me like we had the Nations respect up until losing SuperBowls began to become routine, but if you rely on the

Bills for your own identity and self-confidence it is most definitely a problem that one would probably seek counseling for!

:thumbsup:

I totally agree, and for those who don't, well, they probably just don't understand what they are reading!!! That's why, when I post about the realities of this franchise. I also get similar, mean spirited, responses. Because they think their love for the Bills, should be a blind, unconditional love, and they wag their tails and come running back for more of the same.

Some fans, are so blind, that they can't even admit just how bad it has been the past decade! Then, when the national media and other fans point out that the Bills organization is bad joke, they feel like the City of Buffalo, and them personally are getting picked on for no particular reason, other than, everbody hates Buffalo !

Seemed to me like we had the Nations respect up until losing SuperBowls began to become routine, but if you rely on the

Bills for your own identity and self-confidence it is most definitely a problem that one would probably seek counseling for!

:thumbsup:

No one will argue that the Bills have been badly mismanaged and haven't been good over the last 10 years. It starts at the top with Ralph Wilson. Ralph made Donahoe team president and Ralph disappeared for 5 years. Donahoe tried building an instant winner that didn't work. Donahoe didn't want a coach that was going to talk back to him (like Cowher did) so he hired "Yes Sir, Mr. Donahoe" guys. Majority of Donahoe's draft picks and most importantly, trading away our #1 picks set this organization back. Levy came back and hired his pal Jauron, wrong choice. Jauron wanted a smaller, faster defense that didn't work. Yeah, all of us get the Bills haven't been good in ten years. It's one thing to say that you don't think the Bills will do well because of this and because of that...etc, but if you're gonna say the Bills suck and bash them up and down, then why even bother posting on here. If you can't stand the Bills, think they're gonna suck and are not making the right moves, then why even bother wasting your time on this team? It's like complaining about your neighbors and can't stand them, but are nice to their faces.

I agree. That is why I don't think that big guy :thumbsup:

Something Gailey MIGHT change. Who knows what will happen. An over the hill middling coach who failed in college isn't exactly worth much optimism.

You should really stop using this response. You yourself said the Tebow thing was a mess, you admitted that NFL scouts / talent people make mistakes. Game, set, match.

Since you asked me what I thought about Denver, what are your thoughts?

I think their coach is a self-righteous, high & mighty idiot. His attitude is: "It's my way or the highway". Denver's 3 top offensive players (Cutler, Marshall & Scheftler) are all gone now since McDaniels showed up. Last year, Denver still had a shot of making the playoffs, but McDaniels decides to bench his 2 best offensive players, for disciplinary reasons...what an idiot. I'm not saying coaches should be push overs, but with a playoff spot on the line, that was definitely the wrong decision at the wrong time. It makes no sense to start over from scratch and get rid of your best players when you're team is a playoff contender.

No one will argue that the Bills have been badly mismanaged and haven't been good over the last 10 years. It starts at the top with Ralph Wilson. Ralph made Donahoe team president and Ralph disappeared for 5 years. Donahoe tried building an instant winner that didn't work. Donahoe didn't want a coach that was going to talk back to him (like Cowher did) so he hired "Yes Sir, Mr. Donahoe" guys. Majority of Donahoe's draft picks and most importantly, trading away our #1 picks set this organization back. Levy came back and hired his pal Jauron, wrong choice. Jauron wanted a smaller, faster defense that didn't work. Yeah, all of us get the Bills haven't been good in ten years. It's one thing to say that you don't think the Bills will do well because of this and because of that...etc, but if you're gonna say the Bills suck and bash them up and down, then why even bother posting on here. If you can't stand the Bills, think they're gonna suck and are not making the right moves, then why even bother wasting your time on this team? It's like complaining about your neighbors and can't stand them, but are nice to their faces.

Jerry, I also look at it as like a long-term marriage with the Bills. One moment, the husband says "I can't stand the B word", but he doesn't leave. But when things are going good, husband & wife are all lubby dubby. I'm sure a lot of long-term fans that are sick of losing would like to divorce from the Bills, but they won't, they'll just go on complaining but still follow the team.

I agreed w/your first 5 lines.....u had some good points as well, too bad u started to get a little personal, but it doesn't matter. Usually those who have low self worth, or cannot make a worthwhile arguement tend to attack or yell louder to make up for their own shortcomings. I suppose you want me to throw stones in response, but I will take the higher road

since we are Bill's neighbors in a sense of our passion. I could point out that I remained true and loyal and live in this state rather than being a buffaloian only on sunday's when you watch your NFL Direct ticket. I'm a 365 day fan, and have every right as a Citizen of Erie County, a 20 year military veteran, and a American, to blog here regardless if our opinions clash and your tainted views! But thanks for playing!!! :thumbsup:

Also.........before critisizing me, and saying that I said the Bills suck and basing your post on that info, please read all my posts as I have never said "The Bill's Suck" in any post, and you will also see that I project them as 5-11 season and taking a step back before taking two steps forward the following season. Detroit and St. Louis sucked...we are just somewhere between poor and marginal typically.. Too bad you couldn't fuel your disagreeing tone based on the 5 ponts I made. That at least may have carried more creedence neighbor!

I agreed w/your first 5 lines.....u had some good points as well, too bad u started to get a little personal, but it doesn't matter. Usually those who have low self worth, or cannot make a worthwhile arguement tend to attack or yell louder to make up for their own shortcomings. I suppose you want me to throw stones in response, but I will take the higher road

since we are Bill's neighbors in a sense of our passion. I could point out that I remained true and loyal and live in this state rather than being a buffaloian only on sunday's when you watch your NFL Direct ticket. I'm a 365 day fan, and have every right as a Citizen of Erie County, a 20 year military veteran, and a American, to blog here regardless if our opinions clash and your tainted views! But thanks for playing!!! :thumbsup:

Also.........before critisizing me, and saying that I said the Bills suck and basing your post on that info, please read all my posts as I have never said "The Bill's Suck" in any post, and you will also see that I project them as 5-11 season and taking a step back before taking two steps forward the following season. Detroit and St. Louis sucked...we are just somewhere between poor and marginal typically.. Too bad you couldn't fuel your disagreeing tone based on the 5 ponts I made. That at least may have carried more creedence neighbor!

Tony, I meant in general the "Doom & Gloomers" on here say the Bills suck, sorry I didn't clarify that. What branch of the service were you in? Seriously, congrats on military retirement :lol::lol: . I was going for 20 years, but made in 8 years 8 months in the Marines before I was medically separated (tore up my foot & ankle).

The reasons I think the Bills will be better this year, is that they went 6-10 last season, had a huge cluster f@ck to start the season (Schonert & Walker fired, AVP thrown in as OC), 20 players on IR and Dick Jauron as HC. Last year, only 1/3 of our defense was good, which was our pass defense. The run defense was a sieve (ranked #30, giving up 156.2 YPG), and couldn't muster much of a pass rush. I've always been a firm believer that in cold weather cities (like Buffalo) you need bigger linemen. I like that the Bills got bigger players on defense and are going to a hybrid 3-4. I expect the run defense to be much improved, but it's still way too early to tell about the pass rush. On offense, like I said earlier, they were a mess to start the season and it didn't help that Jauron wanted a more dulled down offense. During Jauron's time, we basically saw the same offensive sets, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB's or 3 WRs, 2 TEs and 1 RB, no WR in motion. I think the offense (that ranked 30th) will be better, but only marginally better (probably finish 20th-25th). There are a ton of question marks on the offense: Can Stevie Johnson & James Hardy develop into good WR's? Can Gailey get consistent production from Evans? Can Gailey get better production from the O-line? Who will emerge as the starting QB and how well will that QB do? I'm not saying playoffs (echo Jim Mora), but I can see the team finishing around 8-8/9-7. I like what Nix helped took part in when he went to SD. The Chargers were 1-15 when Nix & Co went there, five years later, the Chargers were 14-2. IMO, I can see the Bills in the playoffs in a year or two. I like how Nix is building this team and feel this rebuilding process should have taken place 10 years ago.

oh it is sooo great to wake up in the morning knowing we have made all the right moves to win the superbowl this year. To think I was going to be satisfied with only nine wins! You know with this 3-4 defense and all of the new players coming in that nobody ever heard of and who couldn't pass other teams physicals, is it too much to hope that we not only be undefeated but also (dare I say it?)....UNSCORED UPON??? Some naysayer sumbitch is going to say that it is unlikely we will not be scored upon but to such a crabby naysayer, I say "go back to Al Qaeda!!" you disloyal bills fan!!!

I love it..........LMAF

Been a fan since 1965. If watching them has NOT been a painful experience for the last decade then as far as I'm concerned you are not a fan. You'll go away long before me. Love this team but know when it's bad... how 'bout you. Enjoyed the last decade ???????? Do me a favor and don't read my posts Thanks.

Sounds like a plan to me.

3. The goal for 2010 is not to get us to the SB

Love your post with one exception. The goal EVERY YEAR is to win the Super Bowl. If that's NOT the mentality, then there's just no point in competing. Realistic? Perhaps not, but that HAS to be the goal at the onset of EACH and EVERY season. That's what it's all about. That's why they play the games. Bring it on. Go Bills!!