Let the Doom & Gloom reign

Another Doom & Gloomer, keep up the good work (sarcasm).

The Bills organization has made tons of mistakes of the last 10 years and most importantly throughout it's history. Getting rid of Polian over Littman. Starting Johnson over Flutie in the playoffs. Drafting Mike Williams, not resigning Pat Williams, not drafting Ngata, Orakpo, Revis etc... etc... I love the Bills and have for 30 years now. I'm not a kool-aid drinker and I don't think magically we're gonna be turned into a winner, but I like what Nix has done so far. Nix started building up the D-line by getting bigger guys. Nix took part in drafting Brees and E.Manning/Rivers, so I'd say he knows what to look for in a good QB. The rebuilding process will take 2-3 years, but Nix is doing it right by building the lines first. So go and enjoy Albert Haynesworth's overpaid ass again in DC. If you don't want to be a fan of the Bills, then why don't you and the rest of the negative nancy's on here STFU and get lost!!

Another igorant post. So, is Nix more qualified than say......oh......Tom Donahoe? Donahoe can really say he built the Steelers teams that were very solid under Bill Cowher. You know, an actual GM who was really in charge of things.....not a scout like Nix. And tell me, how did TD work out? Not so well huh? So, does past success (TD actually had some past success, Nix was never even in charge of anything). So, tell me again, how do you have any clue of what Nix did in SD or what he'll do here. Oh yeah, from people like you, Nix is only in charge when good things happen, but not the bad, IE Aaron Maybin. That was clearly someone else.

Nix is rebuilding the lines huh? What's he done on the offensive line? He got a guy in what the fifth round? I would bet a lot of teams drafted lineman before or int he 5th round. So, how has he done something that is so shocking that it just blows you away? He's all of a sudden an offenisve line guru because he found a guy named Wang. And on the defensive side of things, you have no idea how good these two DL man will be. None. But hey, you like what he did. I would guess you most likely never saw either one of them even play football before.

One of the stupidest posts of the year. Again. RAH RAH RAH. I'm a Bills fan, and I can't take that they suck, so I'm gonna yell it loud that they don't suck. You do realize how stupid that looks right?

Anybody can say whatever the hell they want. What's wrong with holding the Bills a little bit accountable? Of course, for some people that have no standards, and that accept mediocrity, well, there's you. For some others, the Bills have put themselves in a corner where they have to show me some results before I believe in them.

So, go ahead, keep buying in to that Dodge automobile and scratch your head when the transmission goes out after 30,000 miles. Some of us would like to think that we could get a BMW level every once in a great while.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another igorant post. So, is Nix more qualified than say......oh......Tom Donahoe? Donahoe can really say he built the Steelers teams that were very solid under Bill Cowher. You know, an actual GM who was really in charge of things.....not a scout like Nix. And tell me, how did TD work out? Not so well huh? So, does past success (TD actually had some past success, Nix was never even in charge of anything). So, tell me again, how do you have any clue of what Nix did in SD or what he'll do here. Oh yeah, from people like you, Nix is only in charge when good things happen, but not the bad, IE Aaron Maybin. That was clearly someone else.

Donahoe made some mistakes, but we would be better off today if we kept him. I like what we have seen of Nix so far, but I don't think he has inherited as much as TD has, and we won't be very good for at least 3 years. That said, I like what I have seen- we aren't rushing or reaching for things out of need

Nix is rebuilding the lines huh? What's he done on the offensive line? He got a guy in what the fifth round? I would bet a lot of teams drafted lineman before or int he 5th round. So, how has he done something that is so shocking that it just blows you away? He's all of a sudden an offenisve line guru because he found a guy named Wang. And on the defensive side of things, you have no idea how good these two DL man will be. None. But hey, you like what he did. I would guess you most likely never saw either one of them even play football before.

One of the stupidest posts of the year. Again. RAH RAH RAH. I'm a Bills fan, and I can't take that they suck, so I'm gonna yell it loud that they don't suck. You do realize how stupid that looks right?

Anybody can say whatever the hell they want. What's wrong with holding the Bills a little bit accountable? Of course, for some people that have no standards, and that accept mediocrity, well, there's you. For some others, the Bills have put themselves in a corner where they have to show me some results before I believe in them.

So, go ahead, keep buying in to that Dodge automobile and scratch your head when the transmission goes out after 30,000 miles. Some of us would like to think that we could get a BMW level every once in a great while.

Lv Nancy, here's an article of what Nix took part in rebuilding: http://www.realfootball365.com/articles/bills/14820

Nix wasn't the GM in SD, but was the top scout & assistant GM. And how about Bill Polian before he became the Bills GM? Wasn't Bill the assistant GM here in Buffalo under Kay Stephenson & Hank Bullough?

The only think stupid around here is negative nancy's like yourself that continue to trash this team. I could understand the resentment if Jauron was still HC, but he's not. It's obvious morons like you don't understand how to build up a winning football team. First you start with building both sides of the line, then expand out from there. You need big, physical lines in cold weather cities (like Buffalo). The rebuilding process is going to take 2-3 years, but clowns like you want to hear that. With the QB's, how do you know Edwards or Brohm can't be turned around? Look at how long it took Drew Brees to become a stellar QB...about 4 years. Brees had 31 games where he threw for under 200 yards, including 6 games where he threw for under 100 yards. Nevermind that the Bills had one of the worst coaching regimes in Bills history running the team for 4 years.

First you start with building both sides of the line, then expand out from there. You need big, physical lines in cold weather cities (like Buffalo).

If it were possible to agree with this more than 100% I would!

Which is why this past draft was a little puzzling to me. But, I don't know the master plan. Only Buddy, Chan, and a few others do. So time will tell if they know what they are doing or have their heads up their collective asses.

Which is why this past draft was a little puzzling to me. But, I don't know the master plan. Only Buddy, Chan, and a few others do. So time will tell if they know what they are doing or have their heads up their collective asses.

The thing is, the possibility of improvement does exist, but it will almost certainly not be in 2010.

The biggest problems on this offense were the most important positions, QB abd OT. Obviously, they were not adequately addressed. Personally, I expect Wang to actually be an upgrade over Bell, who is weak, small, inclined to penalties, and coming off a serious injury. Still, this spells a bad situation to anyone with a pair of eyes and a brain.

That said, they DID draft players who appear to be suited for the defense. This is obviously a good thing. Perhaps next year they can build the offense in a way that is suited to winning football games.

The Spiller pick was idiotic, but there is a remote possibility that it will work I suppose. If he can survive this season behind the worst OTs in the NFL, hope abounds for 2011. More good news is that Nix/Gailey cannot be any worse than Levy/Jauron. I honestly don't think it is possible.

Once again, all we can do is hope against all odds.

I understand Nix's reasons for giving the players on Offense a chance this year considering all the turmoil & mismanagement the offense went through last season (firings 10 days before the start of the season, etc...). IMO, the players on offense from last year (O-line, QB's & WR's) will have this year to show Nix & Gailey what they've got, and if they continue to struggle then they will be gone at the end of the season. I like that Nix beefed up the defense and added some depth to the O-line, but the big questions remain at LT & QB. This year will be an evaluation period for a lot of players on this team.

The thing is, the possibility of improvement does exist, but it will almost certainly not be in 2010.

The biggest problems on this offense were the most important positions, QB abd OT. Obviously, they were not adequately addressed. Personally, I expect Wang to actually be an upgrade over Bell, who is weak, small, inclined to penalties, and coming off a serious injury. Still, this spells a bad situation to anyone with a pair of eyes and a brain.

That said, they DID draft players who appear to be suited for the defense. This is obviously a good thing. Perhaps next year they can build the offense in a way that is suited to winning football games.

The Spiller pick was idiotic, but there is a remote possibility that it will work I suppose. If he can survive this season behind the worst OTs in the NFL, hope abounds for 2011. More good news is that Nix/Gailey cannot be any worse than Levy/Jauron. I honestly don't think it is possible.

I see the Spiller pick as a safety valve for when the QB's get pressured. If the QB is getting constantly blitzed/pressured, then the QB can throw a short pass, dump off or screen to Spiller. Gailey picked up Easily & another UDFA WR mainly for their blocking skills, so I can see the Bills really emphasizing on the run game this year.

Lv Nancy, here's an article of what Nix took part in rebuilding: http://www.realfootball365.com/articles/bills/14820

Nix wasn't the GM in SD, but was the top scout & assistant GM. And how about Bill Polian before he became the Bills GM? Wasn't Bill the assistant GM here in Buffalo under Kay Stephenson & Hank Bullough?

The only think stupid around here is negative nancy's like yourself that continue to trash this team. I could understand the resentment if Jauron was still HC, but he's not. It's obvious morons like you don't understand how to build up a winning football team. First you start with building both sides of the line, then expand out from there. You need big, physical lines in cold weather cities (like Buffalo). The rebuilding process is going to take 2-3 years, but clowns like you want to hear that. With the QB's, how do you know Edwards or Brohm can't be turned around? Look at how long it took Drew Brees to become a stellar QB...about 4 years. Brees had 31 games where he threw for under 200 yards, including 6 games where he threw for under 100 yards. Nevermind that the Bills had one of the worst coaching regimes in Bills history running the team for 4 years.

:thumbsup::ph34r:

Donahoe made some mistakes, but we would be better off today if we kept him. I like what we have seen of Nix so far, but I don't think he has inherited as much as TD has, and we won't be very good for at least 3 years. That said, I like what I have seen- we aren't rushing or reaching for things out of need

Makes sense to me. Still a lot of question marks out there though. The Bills need to prove something. Anything positive will work and create a better mood. Until then, all we have is a ten year body of work.

My favorite baseball team is the Pittsburgh Pirates. Do you know how long the rah rah crap has been going on? 19 years. I pray the Bills don't ever get there.

No offense, but I seriously stopped reading this when you cited realfootball365 as a source. Citing realfootball365 is about as credible as someone saying the Bills are a legit contender this upcoming year. Or that CJ Spiller, while we may like him, was a pick at a position of need.

But really, realfootball365? :thumbsup:

Here is what I wrote to the doom and gloomers in another thread...

Lets be a little more realistic here, its not nearly as bad as people want to make it out to be, and this upcoming year isnt about rediscovering the glory of the early 90's anyway, its about getting this team back in the right direction and building this team over the next year or two.

1. We won 6 games last year DESPITE completely ATROCIOUS QB play, horrible play calling, horrible game plan, injury plagued young OL, injury depleted D, our best young play maker not playing the first part of the season (Byrd), and playing in a tough division. With a real QB last year we would have been playoff bound, not even a question, despite all the other issues.

2. Mia still has major QB questions...lets hold off annoiting them a power until we see if Henne can make a big step this year. He is promising, but still isnt there yet.

3. The goal for 2010 is not to get us to the SB, but to solidify the holes with some young talent that can develop this team into a real contender over the next couple of years. This year will be used to evaluate and develop our young guys like Hardy, Johnson, Nelson, Brohm, Bell, Maybin, as well as the guys we draft.

4. We need to find out what we have in Brohm (assuming we dont trade for Campbell or Vick, two guys we have speculated interest in apparently) and this is the year to do it assuming he can win the job. We also need to find out what we have in Maybin, Hardy, and Johnson so we know what we need to address in next years draft.

5. Our defense on paper already looks even better than last year.

For me, this team is heading in the right direction with the most important part being the emphasis and commitment to get these guys some playing time. Doesnt do any good to draft guys with lots of upside if we dont let them play and let them develop. I dont hold high expectations this year, but I do look forward to seeing what these guys can finally do in a game.

So all these people crying and mailing it in already for the season, what the heck were you really expecting in 2010? This is a new staff who is coming in and building their foundation, evaluating our young guys, and building through the draft, and I dont see anything wrong with that. I am actually excited to see how they develop over the season.

I agree that the expectations for this year should simply be to ge this thing moving in the right direction but, respectfully I have to disagree with that first point about having won 6 games and that we would have been playoff bound with a different QB. Every team in the league that didn't make the post season can point to a few games here and there that were close and conclude, if only this or that or the other thing, we would have won those and made the show. Fact is we didn't win them. Besides, with that kind of thinking applied the other way, you'd have to chalk up some of the close wins we had as losses. I wouldn't count the Indy game as a win given that they benched their best guys early on.

The same can be said for stats, hunt long enough and you can find a stat that you can argue means the team was better than they seemed. Look hard enough the other way and you can prove that they were even worse than they looked.

Bottom line is that they won a lousy 6 games, did not make the show, finished last in the division and along the way, they were about as exciting to watch as a root canal.

Something I don't really get though is why there is even this debate-turned-rant-fight back and forth where one side expresses their pessimism about the upcoming season and then the other side goes after them for their negative views who the pessimists then come back at in kind. So what if someone thinks the team is going to have a crappy year? So what if someone thinks the team is on the verge of a championship? Arguing is one thing I guess but, not saying your post is in that terrriotory, I don't get all this attacking fellow fans stuff. I especially don't get the, "go root for some other team" guys. We are all fans, of the same freaking team, why all the acrimony? Its like everyone is turning in to ICE.

I understand Nix's reasons for giving the players on Offense a chance this year considering all the turmoil & mismanagement the offense went through last season (firings 10 days before the start of the season, etc...). IMO, the players on offense from last year (O-line, QB's & WR's) will have this year to show Nix & Gailey what they've got, and if they continue to struggle then they will be gone at the end of the season. I like that Nix beefed up the defense and added some depth to the O-line, but the big questions remain at LT & QB. This year will be an evaluation period for a lot of players on this team.

I don't think that they really had a grand pan for giving those guys a chance. I think they basically can only do so much in one year which meant that some people they would like to replace are going to have to stay around. Given how the draft fell and where they were rating people, this is what we ended up with. As far as having a year to shape up or ship out, that is pretty much the story in the league every year for every player that isn't an established performer. Even for those guys, they aren't going to be able to afford much more than one bad year.

Sometimes circumstances dictates your strategy.

If you have a sure fire plan they could have executed that would have allowed them to rework the entire OL, get all the 3-4 personnel they need and a franchise QB all in one offseason, I'd love to hear it.

Every guy they picked is a guy they needed and a guy who, given when he was taken, was a pretty good pick. I wish we could have got all those guys plus a couple tackles and a QB (we did get Brown and, who knows?), but we had a lot of holes to fill, a lot.

No offense, but I seriously stopped reading this when you cited realfootball365 as a source. Citing realfootball365 is about as credible as someone saying the Bills are a legit contender this upcoming year. Or that CJ Spiller, while we may like him, was a pick at a position of need.

But really, realfootball365? :thumbsup:

Actually fans are writing the articles on realfootball365, and one fan had a good article about Nix's tenure with the Chargers. When Nix, A.J. Smith & John Butler went to SD, the Chargers were 1-15 the year before with Ryan Leaf & Jim Harbaugh as their starting QBs. The article listed the progression of the Chargers over a 5 year period. That was my only point by referencing RF365.

If you hate the Bills & think they're gonna suck, then why do you even bother posting on here? Didn't you proclaim to be a Redskins fan now? Why don't you jump on the Redskins bandwagon and stay on their site you troll.

Excellent post very well said.

To Lv-Bills,

Excellent post! I agree with 100% of what you said...The Bills have produced a shi_ product for ten years and people still don't seem to be outraged...Instead they keep singing the same ole tune for ten years straight. I am tired of reading the positive statements with little or no evidence and NO RESULTS. The evidence is there that this organization has sucked for ten years. That cannot be disputed...BILLS put up or shut up. Fans shut up with all the optimism and hold this team accountable. The problem is we are true diehard fans and we will always stick by are team...This causes many of us (not me) to stay in denial and overlook the facts. 10 years and counting......

No one can deny that the Bills sucked big time over the last ten years. Ralph Wilson needs to take a lot of blame for that. No one wanted Dick Jauron as HC, but that's who we were stuck with for 3 1/2 years. Ralph became shell-shocked after Donahoe and hired Marv to help stabilize the front office, well too bad Marv didn't know how to stabilize the team. But if you don't like this team, or are just a bandwagon fan, then leave and come back when the Bills are doing better. Otherwise, go call the Whaambulance: WHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

Dolphins got Brandon Marshall, that's a good upgrade. But does anyone think Pennington or Henne are great QB's?

Jets, they added a over-the-hill RB and a WR that will be suspended for how many games. Plus, they have a California QB that can't play in bad weather.

Pennington or Henne are just fine at winning games. Both teams had a better draft than us as well. The Cali QB thing isn't proven by the stats... Sanchez is 10 times the QB that Trent / Brian / Levi / Fitzy put together are.

Pennington or Henne are just fine at winning games. Both teams had a better draft than us as well. The Cali QB thing isn't proven by the stats... Sanchez is 10 times the QB that Trent / Brian / Levi / Fitzy put together are.

And how many picks did Sanchez throw in the bad NJ weather last year when the Jets played the Bills? Pennington has no arm strength from all the injuries and surgeries. If Pennington throws the ball more than 15 yards down field, it will be easily intercepted. Chad Henne looked real good when the Bills beat the Phins 31-14 last year, didn't he?

To Lv-Bills,

Excellent post! I agree with 100% of what you said...The Bills have produced a shi_ product for ten years and people still don't seem to be outraged...Instead they keep singing the same ole tune for ten years straight. I am tired of reading the positive statements with little or no evidence and NO RESULTS. The evidence is there that this organization has sucked for ten years. That cannot be disputed...BILLS put up or shut up. Fans shut up with all the optimism and hold this team accountable. The problem is we are true diehard fans and we will always stick by are team...This causes many of us (not me) to stay in denial and overlook the facts. 10 years and counting......

Dude,

There is no denying that we have sucked for a long time, but there have been wholesale changes made. Enough changes that some of us like the direction the team is going. Many don't agree with the changes or don't think we have done enough. Fine. But only so much can be done in one off season and the new people in charge have to be given a chance to make their plan work. There will be no RESULTS till the the games are played. In the mean time, we have 2 choices. We can hope they do well, or we can say how much they suck. for me it is draining to be negative. It really gets you nowhere. So I choose to be positive. It's a much better feeling. and a more productive way to attain results. The only way all you doom and gloomers will shut up, and I really can't wait for this to happen, is for the season to finally get here and the Bills win some games and put out a better product. Till then, I guess, no matter what side your on, we'll just have to put up listening to each others crap.