Let the Doom & Gloom reign

How about you STFU already? Unless you are blind, drunk and in a coma-you realize everything you typed is correct. It gets old watching Sports Center, NFL Network or any other sports program and every time the talk of the AFC comes up it is followed by "The Bills just keep falling farther behind the Big 3". Just heard it about 10 minutes ago again talking about the Marshall trade, heard it with the Holmes trade, the LT signing, etc. The 2010 season hasn't even started but for all intense and purposes, and for anyone not living in a fantasy land, it is over for the Buffalo Bills. We are looking at a second winless division record for the second time in three years. So, let me say it again-YOU STFU!

what a lovely person you must be

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LMAO @ "Oh my goodness, Martha uncle freddie died", I love the Jerky Boys.

The signing of Jason Taylor, by the Jets, makes sense for the Jets. The Jets went deep into the playoffs and signed a veteran talent (Taylor) for 1 year, to help get them over the hurdle. This move would make absolutely no sense for Buffalo, since Buffalo is not a contender at this time and plan to focus building the team through the draft. If the Bills went deep into the playoffs last year, then I could see the argument on why the Bills didn't try to sign Taylor. As of right now, it would make no sense to sign Taylor, so get over it people!

Jerry, another Jerky Boys favorite, Terrorist Pizza:

I love Terrorist Pizza from the Jerky Boys, that video on youtube had me rolling. Thanks!

I agree with your assessment of the Jets signing Taylor. But you know how some fans are, if we're not doing more in FA than other teams in the division, then that automatically means the Bills will be in last place. The Bills are rebuilding and Taylor would not be a good fit with a rebuilding team.

Sadly, you have to add your list, the reported switch from a 4 - 3 to a 3 - 4, with players that most think will have to go through a learning curve and perhaps not ideal for such. As well as question marks about their many IR players - where will they fit? Will they regain health and be able to play? Unknown - which has to affect draft selections. I think they are in a tough spot there.

This defensive scheme change disturbs me most. I don't disagree with a change, but I think it''s premature, it tosses too many things up in the air. Personally, I would have "blended" it in so to speak through the coming season. See which players are apt for it.

I think they will be able to blend it though Cincy, because most 3-4 teams use a four man line at some point, either for nickel rush and/or run stuffing. So, we can get the best out of the roster defensively while at the same time moving toward the new system.

The Bills didn't trade for Marshall...The Bills didn't trade for Holmes...The Bills are gonna be last in the division...Nix is not doing anything...The sky is falling...I fell down the stairs and my shoes fell off. STFU already!!!!!!

I didn't know the 2010 season was over with already?! So if everyone was to determine how well teams would be, just by what a team has done in free agency, the Washington Redskins would have been multiple time Superbowl champions since Dan Snyder took over.

Please stop. the Midol Crew need their irrational gloom and doom.

• 4 weeks later...

The doom & gloom continues... The season hasn't even started and a bunch of so-called fans (like tonyjustbcuzimadouchebag) are already sticking the fork in this team and acting like Kay Stephenson & Hank Bullough have rode back into town to lead the Bills back to it's 2-14 ways. The Dick (Jauron), the bend-don't-break Tampa 2 defense, the deferring kicks, the pop-warner offense, and "it's hard to win in the NFL" are all out of here. People forget that the Bills beat the Dolphins 31-14 and beat the terrifying Jets last year as well. If it wasn't for McKelvin, the Bills would have beaten the Pats well.

Last year, one third of our defense was productive, which was our pass defense (ranked #2). The Bills couldn't stop anyone on the run (ranked #30). With going to a hybrid 3-4 and getting bigger players, our run defense will be much improved. As for the pass rush, that still remains a question that we'll find out about during the course of the season.

Offense, yes our offense sucked last year, but look at how bad it was managed. First, it started off with trading Jason Peters and switching Langston Walker from RT to LT. Jauron tells Schonert to take out a lot of plays and dull down the offense (pop-warner type offense). Then comes the no-huddle offense which didn't work for crap. So, instead of scrapping the no-huddle offense when it wasn't working in the pre-season, Jauron decides to fire Schonert and and throw AVP to the fire as an Offensive Coordinator (who 2 years earlier was an Quality Control coach). Instead of putting Walker back at RT where he played good at, Walker gets canned for developmental player Demeterius Bell. Our offense was doomed from the start. Our offense finsihed at #30. With having an offensive minded coach (Gailey), a playmaker (an safety valve for dump-offs) Spiller, our offense will be better. I'm not saying Top 20, but our offense will get better. Yes, there are question marks all over the offense, WR's (Hardy, Johnson, Easily), QB's (Edwards, Brohm, Fitz), O-line - can they get any better? Those questions will be answered during the season, no one can justify the offenses play after the mess the Bills went through last season, the Bills have nowhere to go but up.

On top of all that, Jauron never had the Bills properly prepared as evident by the 20 players on IR (which included 10+ players every year on IR during Jauron's tenure as Bills HC).

I don't see us "only getting better". Last year was a terrible season and we have a new HC and a new defensive set and the same crappy quarterbacks. We got lucky a few times last year but Miami and NYJ have only improved. We're in an arms race and we're freakin' Mexico.

Hell, I wouldn't even say we've improved at HC. A middling NFL coach who failed in college and wants to run the waterbug offense...

I don't see us "only getting better". Last year was a terrible season and we have a new HC and a new defensive set and the same crappy quarterbacks. We got lucky a few times last year but Miami and NYJ have only improved. We're in an arms race and we're freakin' Mexico.

Hell, I wouldn't even say we've improved at HC. A middling NFL coach who failed in college and wants to run the waterbug offense...

Dolphins got Brandon Marshall, that's a good upgrade. But does anyone think Pennington or Henne are great QB's?

Jets, they added a over-the-hill RB and a WR that will be suspended for how many games. Plus, they have a California QB that can't play in bad weather.

The doom & gloom continues... The season hasn't even started and a bunch of so-called fans (like tonyjustbcuzimadouchebag) are already sticking the fork in this team and acting like Kay Stephenson & Hank Bullough have rode back into town to lead the Bills back to it's 2-14 ways. The Dick (Jauron), the bend-don't-break Tampa 2 defense, the deferring kicks, the pop-warner offense, and "it's hard to win in the NFL" are all out of here. People forget that the Bills beat the Dolphins 31-14 and beat the terrifying Jets last year as well. If it wasn't for McKelvin, the Bills would have beaten the Pats well.

Last year, one third of our defense was productive, which was our pass defense (ranked #2). The Bills couldn't stop anyone on the run (ranked #30). With going to a hybrid 3-4 and getting bigger players, our run defense will be much improved. As for the pass rush, that still remains a question that we'll find out about during the course of the season.

Offense, yes our offense sucked last year, but look at how bad it was managed. First, it started off with trading Jason Peters and switching Langston Walker from RT to LT. Jauron tells Schonert to take out a lot of plays and dull down the offense (pop-warner type offense). Then comes the no-huddle offense which didn't work for crap. So, instead of scrapping the no-huddle offense when it wasn't working in the pre-season, Jauron decides to fire Schonert and and throw AVP to the fire as an Offensive Coordinator (who 2 years earlier was an Quality Control coach). Instead of putting Walker back at RT where he played good at, Walker gets canned for developmental player Demeterius Bell. Our offense was doomed from the start. Our offense finsihed at #30. With having an offensive minded coach (Gailey), a playmaker (an safety valve for dump-offs) Spiller, our offense will be better. I'm not saying Top 20, but our offense will get better. Yes, there are question marks all over the offense, WR's (Hardy, Johnson, Easily), QB's (Edwards, Brohm, Fitz), O-line - can they get any better? Those questions will be answered during the season, no one can justify the offenses play after the mess the Bills went through last season, the Bills have nowhere to go but up.

On top of all that, Jauron never had the Bills properly prepared as evident by the 20 players on IR (which included 10+ players every year on IR during Jauron's tenure as Bills HC).

I agree, Jauron was terrible and ran the Bills like every player was his BFF. Sorry, the Tampa 2 works in Tampa, warm weather climates and domes, not cold weather cities like Buffalo. I like the the D-line got beefed up, from having 240 to 265lbs DE's to 285 to 310 DE's. The DT's went from 286 - 310 to 305 - 330lbs. You're right, the Bills run D couldn't stop a RB, unless the RB ran right at them or fell down, now with having bigger linemen, our run D will improve.

The Bills didn't trade for Marshall...The Bills didn't trade for Holmes...The Bills are gonna be last in the division...Nix is not doing anything...The sky is falling...I fell down the stairs and my shoes fell off. STFU already!!!!!!

I didn't know the 2010 season was over with already?! So if everyone was to determine how well teams would be, just by what a team has done in free agency, the Washington Redskins would have been multiple time Superbowl champions since Dan Snyder took over.

Here comes yet another Buffalo Jills rah rah post. Great.

Oh, and haven't the Skins made the playoffs in the last ten years under Snyder? Yeah, thought so. Remember how fun it actually is to make the playoffs every once in a blue moon? I have season tickets. I live in Virginia. I can't wait until the season starts. But jeez o whiz, you have to be Helen Keller to not realize that the Bills have sucked, will suck, and most likely will finish last next year........AGAIN. It's old. We can all like the Bills, but dont' have to be happy about 80% of the crap they do. It gets even worse when they give us fans ammo to think we know personnel better than they do. Hence, most Bills fans would have Ngata and Orakpo on this team. Just examples.

And on top of this, every time someone like you posts one of these RAH RAH threads, it just invites the negative to come out in people. And then BAM, here we are.

Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

Dan Snyder's Redskins are the reigning champs of every off-season. Too bad they suck when the actually play football.

PTR

Here comes yet another Buffalo Jills rah rah post. Great.

Oh, and haven't the Skins made the playoffs in the last ten years under Snyder? Yeah, thought so. Remember how fun it actually is to make the playoffs every once in a blue moon? I have season tickets. I live in Virginia. I can't wait until the season starts. But jeez o whiz, you have to be Helen Keller to not realize that the Bills have sucked, will suck, and most likely will finish last next year........AGAIN. It's old. We can all like the Bills, but dont' have to be happy about 80% of the crap they do. It gets even worse when they give us fans ammo to think we know personnel better than they do. Hence, most Bills fans would have Ngata and Orakpo on this team. Just examples.

And on top of this, every time someone like you posts one of these RAH RAH threads, it just invites the negative to come out in people. And then BAM, here we are.

Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

Another Doom & Gloomer, keep up the good work (sarcasm).

The Bills organization has made tons of mistakes of the last 10 years and most importantly throughout it's history. Getting rid of Polian over Littman. Starting Johnson over Flutie in the playoffs. Drafting Mike Williams, not resigning Pat Williams, not drafting Ngata, Orakpo, Revis etc... etc... I love the Bills and have for 30 years now. I'm not a kool-aid drinker and I don't think magically we're gonna be turned into a winner, but I like what Nix has done so far. Nix started building up the D-line by getting bigger guys. Nix took part in drafting Brees and E.Manning/Rivers, so I'd say he knows what to look for in a good QB. The rebuilding process will take 2-3 years, but Nix is doing it right by building the lines first. So go and enjoy Albert Haynesworth's overpaid ass again in DC. If you don't want to be a fan of the Bills, then why don't you and the rest of the negative nancy's on here STFU and get lost!!

Ah, the chips will all fall where they may. They always do. Spiller is a great building block and I think Troup will be as well. Carrington should be a starting quality DE at some point. We don't have to make the playoffs now or even post a winning record this season, despite the rantings of numerous desperate fans.

We will supplement both the offensive and defensive lines next offseason and continue looking for a quarterback, unless one steps up this year. If Schobel retires, so be it- players come and players go, but you can't fret over it. If his absence makes a significant impact, we will draft higher and have an easier time finding a replacement. Can't keep players forever, or we would still have Kelly, Thurman, Bruce and Andre

Dan Snyder's Redskins are the reigning champs of every off-season. Too bad they suck when the actually play football.

Skins Playoff appearances: 1936, 1937, 1940, 1942, 1943, 1945, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1976, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1999, 2005, 2007

If they suck, what is your opinion of the Bills when they actually play football?

Skins Playoff appearances: 1936, 1937, 1940, 1942, 1943, 1945, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1976, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1999, 2005, 2007

If they suck, what is your opinion of the Bills when they actually play football?

With all the money Snyder dumped into players, anyone would figure the Skins would have had the greatest championship teams in the history of the NFL. While no one can knock Snyder for being cheap, everyone can knock the guy for overpaying the wrong players.

With all the money Snyder dumped into players, anyone would figure the Skins would have had the greatest championship teams in the history of the NFL. While no one can knock Snyder for being cheap, everyone can knock the guy for overpaying the wrong players.

Well you can probably point cases of that out on all teams if you look.

How about a 1st and a 4th for Rob Johnson, then paying him $25 million, five-year deal that includes a franchise-record (at the time anyway) $8.5 million signing bonus for example. Then by 2006 he is on the Giants practice squad.

I agree that Snyder tends to make that same mistake over and over more than most. But it happens to everyone.

He signed big-name veteran players who weren't leaders. When they signed Bruce, he had really declined and was in it just to set the record.

Well you can probably point cases of that out on all teams if you look.

How about a 1st and a 4th for Rob Johnson, then paying him $25 million, five-year deal that includes a franchise-record (at the time anyway) $8.5 million signing bonus for example. Then by 2006 he is on the Giants practice squad.

I agree that Snyder tends to make that same mistake over and over more than most. But it happens to everyone.

All good points. Signing Rob Johnson (a one-hit wonder) was one of the worst mistakes the Bills have ever made. The first being Ralph firing Bill Polian.