Let the Doom & Gloom reign

The year before LT was drafted, SD had Jermaine Fazande and Terrell Fletcher. Together they rushed for about 600 yards. Definitely not two 1,000 yard backs :worthy: So in answer to my previous question,

No.

two 1,000 yard backs? Lynch had 450 yards last season, put down the crack pipe already.

From Mike Oxhurtz:

"Let's look at the Bills 2 starting RB's:

Lynch, is one problem away from being suspended for a whole season. While Lynch is a bruising RB that keeps his feet moving upon initial contact and is a good red zone threat, he has a poor field of vision which is evident by Lynch constantly running into the back of his linemen. His biggest problem already stated, has been his run-ins with the law, one more time and he will be likely suspended anywhere from 8-16 games by Roger Goodell.

Jackson, a feel good story here, a Division III guy that busted his butt to make it to the NFL. Jackson is very good in open field (between the 20's) and is a very good receiving option. Downsides, he's 29 and he's not a good red zone threat. In 2008 he had 3 rushing TD's, in 2009 he had 2 rushing TD's and 2 receiving TD's.

With the comparsions of Spiller to Chris Johnson already, I think it was a great move to get Spiller now. Jackson will not be around in 5 years (due to age) and I expect Lynch to be out of here as well. I'm not saying Spiller is going to have the same production as Johnson, but if he comes close, that will be much more production than the Bills could get from Lynch & Jackson."

I agree with this 100%

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

two 1,000 yard backs? Lynch had 450 yards last season, put down the crack pipe already.

Lynch had a 1,000 yard season in both 2007 and 2008. The first Bills rookie to do that since Greg Bell!

From Mike Oxhurtz:

"Let's look at the Bills 2 starting RB's:

Lynch, is one problem away from being suspended for a whole season. While Lynch is a bruising RB that keeps his feet moving upon initial contact and is a good red zone threat, he has a poor field of vision which is evident by Lynch constantly running into the back of his linemen. His biggest problem already stated, has been his run-ins with the law, one more time and he will be likely suspended anywhere from 8-16 games by Roger Goodell.

Jackson, a feel good story here, a Division III guy that busted his butt to make it to the NFL. Jackson is very good in open field (between the 20's) and is a very good receiving option. Downsides, he's 29 and he's not a good red zone threat. In 2008 he had 3 rushing TD's, in 2009 he had 2 rushing TD's and 2 receiving TD's.

With the comparsions of Spiller to Chris Johnson already, I think it was a great move to get Spiller now. Jackson will not be around in 5 years (due to age) and I expect Lynch to be out of here as well. I'm not saying Spiller is going to have the same production as Johnson, but if he comes close, that will be much more production than the Bills could get from Lynch & Jackson."

I agree with this 100%

How long do you think Spiller is going to last? RBs are notoriously quick to get run down. The suspension thing is pure speculation - nobody knows anything about how that is going to play out. If you look at the facts, it is clear why it was a bad move:

We had two 1,000 yard backs

We showed no confidence in them by drafting ANOTHER rb

We showed all the confidence in the world in the worst set of QBs in the league

We don't have a great LT

With our first choice, we chose a player that won't play every down. That was evident throughout this draft - Buddy and Chandler didn't really care about players who would play, just players from the south from tiny schools who were 'waterbugs' or 'insert any other idiotic buzzword here'.

Lynch had a 1,000 yard season in both 2007 and 2008. The first Bills rookie to do that since Greg Bell!

How long do you think Spiller is going to last? RBs are notoriously quick to get run down. The suspension thing is pure speculation - nobody knows anything about how that is going to play out. If you look at the facts, it is clear why it was a bad move:

We had two 1,000 yard backs

We showed no confidence in them by drafting ANOTHER rb

We showed all the confidence in the world in the worst set of QBs in the league

We don't have a great LT

With our first choice, we chose a player that won't play every down. That was evident throughout this draft - Buddy and Chandler didn't really care about players who would play, just players from the south from tiny schools who were 'waterbugs' or 'insert any other idiotic buzzword here'.

So you have no problem with Lynch's antics? You have no worries that he won't get in trouble again?

Yes, Jackson & Lynch are 2 good RB's, but they're not elite. If Spiller turns out to be an elite RB and produces on a level similiar to LT did in SD (during the Marty years) then the pick made all the sense in the world. Did picking Jairus Byrd in the 2nd round make any sense at that time last year when every year under Jauron, the Bills drafted 4-5 DB's a year? At that time, it made no sense, but we all saw during the course of the season why the Bills drafted Byrd.

Nix said he only liked 2 OT's in the draft and wasn't going to reach for one if those two were gone by the ninth pick.

QB's, any QB in the league would have sucked under the conditions last year. What QB did well under Jauron anywhere he coached? Please, name me one? The Bills haven't even played a game under the new coaching regime and you're already acting like we're gonna be anywhere from 2-14 to 4-12. If that's how you feel, then why even bother posting on here? Why support a team that doesn't live up to your expectations?

So you have no problem with Lynch's antics? You have no worries that he won't get in trouble again?

Yes, Jackson & Lynch are 2 good RB's, but they're not elite. If Spiller turns out to be an elite RB and produces on a level similiar to LT did in SD (during the Marty years) then the pick made all the sense in the world. Did picking Jairus Byrd in the 2nd round make any sense at that time last year when every year under Jauron, the Bills drafted 4-5 DB's a year? At that time, it made no sense, but we all saw during the course of the season why the Bills drafted Byrd.

Nix said he only liked 2 OT's in the draft and wasn't going to reach for one if those two were gone by the ninth pick.

QB's, any QB in the league would have sucked under the conditions last year. What QB did well under Jauron anywhere he coached? Please, name me one? The Bills haven't even played a game under the new coaching regime and you're already acting like we're gonna be anywhere from 2-14 to 4-12. If that's how you feel, then why even bother posting on here? Why support a team that doesn't live up to your expectations?

Hey Jerry, I guess this muggins guy was expecting the Bills to fill all the holes in one season. :wallbash: Cornhole Green is a stop gap until a RT can be drafted in a year or two. This year's draft class for QB's was garbage, but the Bills were suppose to take one and be stuck again for the next 3-4 years until that guy washed out just to appease fans and the national media :worthy: Next year's draft class is much deeper for QB's and considering who Nix helped draft in SD (Brees, E.Manning/Rivers) I'd say Nix knows what to look for in a QB.

Also, if the 2 guys Nix wanted at LT were already gone, why reach for someone (like Bulaga) who is a RT and try to put him in at LT? The Bills tried that with Langston Walker and that experiment failed miserably.

Not if he wants to get another contract after Buddy and Chandler have wasted his talent.

Yes, Jackson & Lynch are 2 good RB's, but they're not elite. If Spiller turns out to be an elite RB and produces on a level similiar to LT did in SD (during the Marty years) then the pick made all the sense in the world.

Haha, care to mention how you came to the Spiller = LT connection?

Perhaps Nix was looking for waterbugs at OT.

QB's, any QB in the league would have sucked under the conditions last year. What QB did well under Jauron anywhere he coached? Please, name me one?

There isn't a correlation there.

The Bills haven't even played a game under the new coaching regime and you're already acting like we're gonna be anywhere from 2-14 to 4-12. If that's how you feel, then why even bother posting on here? Why support a team that doesn't live up to your expectations?

I'd appreciate it if you would quit it with this bull. I've been a Bills fan for over 20 years and I deserve to post here just as much as you do. Probably more, since you can't go one post without telling me to go away because I don't agree with you.

Hey Jerry, I guess this muggins guy was expecting the Bills to fill all the holes in one season.

Nope, and don't put words in my mouth thanks. We have a middling coach now who was a surprise hire for almost everyone because there were much better candidates. Our GM can't wake up to start the free agency season. We picked tons of guys from tiny schools and didn't address our needs at all. You can't draft the best athlete available if you can't afford to, and we definitely can't afford to.

Not if he wants to get another contract after Buddy and Chandler have wasted his talent.

Haha, care to mention how you came to the Spiller = LT connection?

Perhaps Nix was looking for waterbugs at OT.

There isn't a correlation there.

I'd appreciate it if you would quit it with this bull. I've been a Bills fan for over 20 years and I deserve to post here just as much as you do. Probably more, since you can't go one post without telling me to go away because I don't agree with you.

Nope, and don't put words in my mouth thanks. We have a middling coach now who was a surprise hire for almost everyone because there were much better candidates. Our GM can't wake up to start the free agency season. We picked tons of guys from tiny schools and didn't address our needs at all. You can't draft the best athlete available if you can't afford to, and we definitely can't afford to.

Guess you're fascinated with the waterbug statement. Nix said he wanted big physical linemen, which is why SD had a winning record over Indy, which was due to winning in the trenches. Nix & Gailey said they wanted a RB that was quick as a waterbug, but you're taking that as they wanted a whole offense full of waterbugs, good for you.

Spiller, LT connection? Nix took part in drafting LT in 2001?

That's right, just because players are from tiny schools automatically means they will be no good in the NFL right? :worthy:

Didn't address our needs at all? I guess NT and LB's were needs...at all? :wallbash: Depth on the O-line was not a need...at all? :thumbsup:

If I didn't think the Bills were going in the right direction, I wouldn't have this much optimism for the team. Last year, only 1/3 of our defense was good, the pass defense. With changing to the 3-4 and getting bigger bodies, that will make our run defense (which ranked 30th) much better. IMO, the Bills defense will be the strong point of the team. The offense ranked 30th last season under Jauron. IMO, getting an offensive minded coach is exactly what the Bills needed. I've been through the growing pains of the 80's under Stephenson & Bullough, did anyone back then think assistant GM Bill Polian and Chiefs reject Marv Levy could turn this franchise around? I don't think so.

Guess you're fascinated with the waterbug statement. Nix said he wanted big physical linemen, which is why SD had a winning record over Indy, which was due to winning in the trenches. Nix & Gailey said they wanted a RB that was quick as a waterbug, but you're taking that as they wanted a whole offense full of waterbugs, good for you.

That doesn't mean they'll be the same at all.

Didn't address our needs at all? I guess NT and LB's were needs...at all? :worthy: Depth on the O-line was not a need...at all? :wallbash:

What were our biggest needs this draft? QB and LT. That is an undeniable fact. We drafted a T in the 5th round who is a project and a QB in the 7th round who may never see the field in the NFL. Troup probably won't play much this year. We need players who will contribute now.

If I didn't think the Bills were going in the right direction, I wouldn't have this much optimism for the team. Last year, only 1/3 of our defense was good, the pass defense. With changing to the 3-4 and getting bigger bodies, that will make our run defense (which ranked 30th) much better. IMO, the Bills defense will be the strong point of the team. The offense ranked 30th last season under Jauron. IMO, getting an offensive minded coach is exactly what the Bills needed. I've been through the growing pains of the 80's under Stephenson & Bullough, did anyone back then think assistant GM Bill Polian and Chiefs reject Marv Levy could turned this franchise around? I don't think so.

You do realize that the first time we make the playoffs we'll stop hearing about "Buffalo is moving!!!", right? Buffalo can't afford another 3 years of rebuilding followed by another coach and GM. It just can't.

That's right, just because players are from tiny schools automatically means they will be no good in the NFL right? :worthy:

Didn't address our needs at all? I guess NT and LB's were needs...at all? :wallbash: Depth on the O-line was not a need...at all? :thumbsup:

If I didn't think the Bills were going in the right direction, I wouldn't have this much optimism for the team. Last year, only 1/3 of our defense was good, the pass defense. With changing to the 3-4 and getting bigger bodies, that will make our run defense (which ranked 30th) much better. IMO, the Bills defense will be the strong point of the team. The offense ranked 30th last season under Jauron. IMO, getting an offensive minded coach is exactly what the Bills needed. I've been through the growing pains of the 80's under Stephenson & Bullough, did anyone back then think assistant GM Bill Polian and Chiefs reject Marv Levy could turn this franchise around? I don't think so.

Mike, obviously this muggins guy is upset that Nix & Gailey didn't pick the players he wanted them to pick. Nevermind that our run defense was a sieve. I guess the Bills were suppose to stick with 220-230 pound LB's and 240 pound DE's that can't get the job done. I guess the Bills we suppose to continue to let teams run all over them like the Jets did when they rushed for over 300 yards against us (and 3 other teams rushed for over 200 yards). But hey, Ralph is suppose to be like Dan Synder and dump huge amounts of money on players just to fix all the problems in one season. Totally unreasonable expectations.

Mike, obviously this muggins guy is upset that Nix & Gailey didn't pick the players they should have picked, and also we have Chandler as our coach in the first place.

Fixed that for you :worthy:

That doesn't mean they'll be the same at all.

What were our biggest needs this draft? QB and LT. That is an undeniable fact. We drafted a T in the 5th round who is a project and a QB in the 7th round who may never see the field in the NFL. Troup probably won't play much this year. We need players who will contribute now.

You do realize that the first time we make the playoffs we'll stop hearing about "Buffalo is moving!!!", right? Buffalo can't afford another 3 years of rebuilding followed by another coach and GM. It just can't.

Defense wins championships, that's an undeniable fact. When you have the #30 ranked run defense, you have to fix it. The plan is to have Troup play on run plays and Williams on passing downs.

How do you know Wang won't be a good LT? Look at Peters, an UDFA Tight End who became a LT. The offense was a huge dysfunctional mess and Jauron was to blame for all of it. He didn't have the team prepared and led the league 2 out of 3 years in injuries. With better S&C coaches, the injuries will be significantly less and these guys will be able to stay on the field to build some chemistry together. I like that Gailey plans to build his offense to the strength of his players, and not try and force them into something that isn't going to work (like the no-huddle offense).

Nobody knows the Bills or Ralph's future, nobody. So why worry about it now. Is the world going to come to an end on Dec 21, 2012? Are you going to worry yourself to death about it?

The Bills don't need playmakers now. Mel Kiper and Mike Mayock said we needed a QB and a LT and the Bills didn't draft either one. So if Mayock & Kiper say the Bills didn't draft the right people, then it has to be true.

Fixed it for you.

Defense wins championships, that's an undeniable fact.

The Saints had the #25th ranked defense in terms of yards per game last year :worthy:

When you have the #30 ranked run defense, you have to fix it. The plan is to have Troup play on run plays and Williams on passing downs.

No doubt the run D had to be fixed. Part of that was injuries related to Dicky J not getting the team in shape. Does the new regime seem to be more motivated? Eh. Buddy just seems like he wants to sleep a lot.

The Bills don't need playmakers now. Mel Kiper and Mike Mayock said we needed a QB and a LT and the Bills didn't draft either one. So if Mayock & Kiper say the Bills didn't draft the right people, then it has to be true.

Fixed it for you.

You can continue trying to say that I'm just parroting them, but you're still wrong and ignorant. The stats and play on the field last year tells anyone who isn't blind as a bat that we needed a new QB and LT.

If you're really that much smarter than these media types, tell me, did you enjoy seeing Denver wasting a ton of future potential to draft Tebow to sit on the bench? I mean obviously these guys "know who they want", and we're just regular joes, we don't know anything, right? Tell me you liked that pick and what they gave up to do it.

The Saints had the #25th ranked defense in terms of yards per game last year :oops:

No doubt the run D had to be fixed. Part of that was injuries related to Dicky J not getting the team in shape. Does the new regime seem to be more motivated? Eh. Buddy just seems like he wants to sleep a lot.

Fixed it for you.

You can continue trying to say that I'm just parroting them, but you're still wrong and ignorant. The stats and play on the field last year tells anyone who isn't blind as a bat that we needed a new QB and LT.

If you're really that much smarter than these media types, tell me, did you enjoy seeing Denver wasting a ton of future potential to draft Tebow to sit on the bench? I mean obviously these guys "know who they want", and we're just regular joes, we don't know anything, right? Tell me you liked that pick and what they gave up to do it.

I guess the Saints defense didn't need to be good to not only make it to the Superbowl, but also to stop one of the best QB's in leagues history? :wallbash:

Here's one guy that think the Bills did a great job during the draft. Seems like this guy had actual knowledge of the players he was talking about.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/04/24/c...es-bills-draft/

It's obvious your blind and haven't been paying attention to what's been going on. The bills hired two new strength & conditioning coaches and have changed the sports bar atmosphere at One Bills Drive. But since you like to keep claiming Nix is asleep, along with the waterbugs, here's the article and you can see for yourself: http://www.buffalonews.com/2010/03/30/1004...-weightier.html

So keep up the doom & gloom, you're doing a great job at it :P

The Saints had the #25th ranked defense in terms of yards per game last year :P

Fixed it for you.

There wasn't anyone worth taking at QB or left tackle. Sorry, but draft position doesn't make the player better or worse. By the way, McNabb better watch some video of how Trent Williams cut his QB's career short at Oklahoma. Really hard to find a franchise LT, too bad we traded a potential one away because sheeple didn't like him.

Also, very weak QB draft. I am as happy with the one we got as any that were available from the first pick on. Spiller is potentially the best player we have on offense already.

You can't build the 3-4 defense, get the QB and fix the OL all in one year, you go with what is available and don't rush. Sure, the fans are desperate and think we have to win now, but nobody that matters should even care what the sheeple think. They don't matter.

I guess the Saints defense didn't need to be good to not only make it to the Superbowl, but also to stop one of the best QB's in leagues history? :wallbash:

The best QB in league history who went up against the #1 defense last year with the #1 CB in the league and threw for 377 yards and 3 tds and 0 ints :oops: He also threw for over 300 yards against the Saints, 31/45, hardly shut down ;)

Here's one guy that think the Bills did a great job during the draft. Seems like this guy had actual knowledge of the players he was talking about.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/04/24/c...es-bills-draft/

I think he is the only person I've seen grade this draft high at all. Latch on to that one, buddy ;)

So keep up the doom & gloom, you're doing a great job at it :P

I'll probably be optimistic by season start, but so far this offseason there has been nothing to make any rational Bills fan optimistic. Except the Jags are in a worse situation than us re: moving the team.

edit: sheeple, lol. keep justifyin'.

The best QB in league history who went up against the #1 defense last year with the #1 CB in the league and threw for 377 yards and 3 tds and 0 ints :P He also threw for over 300 yards against the Saints, 31/45, hardly shut down :wallbash:

I think he is the only person I've seen grade this draft high at all. Latch on to that one, buddy :oops:

I'll probably be optimistic by season start, but so far this offseason there has been nothing to make any rational Bills fan optimistic. Except the Jags are in a worse situation than us re: moving the team.

edit: sheeple, lol. keep justifyin'.

We are doing what we should have done 10 years ago- rebuilding. I am tired of people wanting to cling to mediocre players who happen to be the best thing we have. Neither Lynch nor Jackson is a franchise-type player, we weren't deep there, but are now.

Yes, we might take a step backwards record wise next year, but that is the price of rebuilding. I am a bit fan of the Troup and Carrington picks. Moats has some potential as well

Also, you haven't posted what you thought about Denver's gambit with Mr. Tebow. Obviously they know all, and we're just joes.

All you've done is whine and complain and have shown nothing factual. Between Jerry, Adam & I, we've come up with stats and numerous articles proving our points. All you have done is make waterbug & sleep comments and complain about the QB & LT situation. So, basically you're saying if the O-line & QB's couldn't succeed under Jauron & Co, they can't succeed under anyone? So you saying Jauron & his offensive coordinators were amongst the best in the league? really?

Oh AS The Buffalo Bills Message Board Turns. It really is like a soap opera on here(i'm assuming cuz i don't watch soap operas). Or maybe its more like politics. What we have here is a 2 party system. I'm thinking you negative ones are republicans, and the others are democrats. wonder what that comment will stir up?........ but I really must add , Can't we all get along?

So typical. You write "can't we all get along" immediately after offending a lot of the politically active guys and gals. I'm not sure which group should be offended, the people you say are negative, or the people who are delusional after a decade of proof that the Bills suck. I'm an independent, but that has nothing to do with my opinion about the Bills organization. I have been a fan of the Bills for 50 years, and have never been as unhappy with them as I am now. But the fact that old Ralph is screwing us fans is not misplaced criticism: it is logic. While I will continue to root for them, I reserve the right to be critical until some real progress is made. It's called a reasonable expectation.

All you've done is whine and complain and have shown nothing factual. Between Jerry, Adam & I, we've come up with stats and numerous articles proving our points.

Incorrect. I've shown numerous stats proving people wrong. You have made statements like "Defense wins championships" which again was wrong. You have compared LT to Spiller simply because Buddy 'picked' both of them with no statistical evidence.

All you have done is make waterbug & sleep comments and complain about the QB & LT situation. So, basically you're saying if the O-line & QB's couldn't succeed under Jauron & Co, they can't succeed under anyone? So you saying Jauron & his offensive coordinators were amongst the best in the league? really?

Nope, I'm saying Chandler and Buddy aren't gonna be much better and to expect them to be is irrational. I'm not sure if you've read anything I've posted.

And haha, you still haven't answered the question.