I don't see us winning more than 4 games in 2010

We better have a 1974 Steelers style draft or we are looking at another miserable season in Buffalo. The Jets are better, the Dolphins just got better, and New England is New England. This has been the least exciting and most dissapointing offseason in a long time. I see no real improvement and I don't expect the draft to reap many gems. We haven't had a good draft from top to bottom in a long long time and I don't forsee that happening this year either. So I'm just resigned to an 11th season with no playoffs. Now if we draft Clausen next week I'll at least have something to get energized about as I think he's going to have a great NFL career. Get some offense guys!!!

You know, it doesn't always take a major change of employees to change a bad company into a good one. The Bills have a new coaching staff. If Jauron and company were still here, I would probably agree with you. How about giving the new staff a chance before you condemn them to a worse record than last season?

It's funny people think Gailey and Nix are making the "big" football decisions. RW himself has hired Levy, promoted Guy and Modrak to VP, promoted Smithers to COO/GM, re-signed DJ, then fired him a year later, didn't know GM candidates from outside, promoted Mr. Smithers to CEO, and finally hired Nix. He also reportedly wanted Lynch 3 years ago.

When upper management screws up repeatedly, you get what's transpired since 2006: an elderly man calling the major shots and a bad to mediocre football team.

Calling the shots for a franchise that he happens to own. I guess that means that he can, therefore, he do.

Calling the shots for a franchise that he happens to own. I guess that means that he can, therefore, he do.

Why stop now? It's worked out so well for him of late: 13 playoff appearances in 40 NFL seasons, and none in the past 10 years.

The owner will have a say, I'm not making the point that he shouldn't. It's merely that RW stinks when he's involved in football personnel and management decisions since about 2000.

Lets be a little more realistic here, its not nearly as bad as people want to make it out to be, and this upcoming year isnt about rediscovering the glory of the early 90's anyway, its about getting this team back in the right direction and building this team over the next year or two.

1. We won 6 games last year DESPITE completely ATROCIOUS QB play, horrible play calling, horrible game plan, injury plagued young OL, injury depleted D, our best young play maker not playing the first part of the season (Byrd), and playing in a tough division. With a real QB last year we would have been playoff bound, not even a question, despite all the other issues.

2. Mia still has major QB questions...lets hold off annoiting them a power until we see if Henne can make a big step this year. He is promising, but still isnt there yet.

3. The goal for 2010 is not to get us to the SB, but to solidify the holes with some young talent that can develop this team into a real contender over the next couple of years. This year will be used to evaluate and develop our young guys like Hardy, Johnson, Nelson, Brohm, Bell, Maybin, as well as the guys we draft.

4. We need to find out what we have in Brohm (assuming we dont trade for Campbell or Vick, two guys we have speculated interest in apparently) and this is the year to do it assuming he can win the job. We also need to find out what we have in Maybin, Hardy, and Johnson so we know what we need to address in next years draft.

5. Our defense on paper already looks even better than last year.

For me, this team is heading in the right direction with the most important part being the emphasis and commitment to get these guys some playing time. Doesnt do any good to draft guys with lots of upside if we dont let them play and let them develop. I dont hold high expectations this year, but I do look forward to seeing what these guys can finally do in a game.

So all these people crying and mailing it in already for the season, what the heck were you really expecting in 2010? This is a new staff who is coming in and building their foundation, evaluating our young guys, and building through the draft, and I dont see anything wrong with that. I am actually excited to see how they develop over the season.

We better have a 1974 Steelers style draft or we are looking at another miserable season in Buffalo. The Jets are better, the Dolphins just got better, and New England is New England. This has been the least exciting and most dissapointing offseason in a long time. I see no real improvement and I don't expect the draft to reap many gems. We haven't had a good draft from top to bottom in a long long time and I don't forsee that happening this year either. So I'm just resigned to an 11th season with no playoffs. Now if we draft Clausen next week I'll at least have something to get energized about as I think he's going to have a great NFL career. Get some offense guys!!!

Agree with all except Clausen- he has bust written all over him.

Why stop now? It's worked out so well for him of late: 13 playoff appearances in 40 NFL seasons, and none in the past 10 years.

The owner will have a say, I'm not making the point that he shouldn't. It's merely that RW stinks when he's involved in football personnel and management decisions since about 2000.

It is easy to agree with you on your assessment of this clueless owner and his influence and impact on the organization. The record speaks for itself. But I think things are changing for the better with the selection of Nix. Make no mistake about this this is a Ralph Wilson hire. But just because Ralph hired him doesn't mean it wasn't a good football hire.

Will Buddy Nix have the independence to make the football decisions without the interference of the owner's finance people and the owner himself? I believe he will have a relatively free hand in making those decisions he should be making. The owner is very old, and getter older and frailer. Because of his physical and mental health status of a very aged man it will be very difficult for him to keep up with what is going on.

The fairest way to judge Nix is by the way he handles the draft and through his personnel decisions. The Bills are the worst team in their own division by far. It is going to take an extended period of time before we can get to the point of being a relevant team, assuming good decisions are made along the way. Hopefully, things get turned around in a reasonable amount of time. In my view, we won't be able to vie for a playoff spot for at least another few years, if that.

Her we go again with the negative, we haven'y done anything BS. you guys kill me. I see it SO different than you. I like whats happened(or not happened) in the off season and feel much more positive about the draft than you. what are you baseing your "poor" draft prediction on? We have a new head coach and GM, how can it NOT be better than last year?! And to predict only winning 4 games without the draft happening yet or the off season being complete is just crazy. You can't possibly have enough information yet to even try to make a prediction. I wish there was an icon for pulling your hair out cuz thats what you negative guys do to me. :lol: ....but this'll do. ........and not for nothin, but even if we have an awesome draft and got everyone you had hoped for in free agency(whoever that may have been), do you still think we're going to be a playoff team this year? I mean anything can happen, but i think most of us are prepared for another non-playoff season, so if we dont get clausen, i guess be prepared to be depressed all season long.

QUOTE (Coach Tuesday @ Apr 14 2010, 09:52 AM)

We do not have an owner who is committed to winning games, it's that simple. It doesn't even matter what the other teams in the division have done. As long as Ralph is at the helm, this organization will be run like a used car dealership.

Another stupid post in my eyes. He's committed to winning he just has made a few decisions that didnt work out like he hoped. What's the divorce rate in this country? Marriage, a pretty big decision would't you say, and how many people f**k that one up?Wilson just shook up the orginization because he is committed to winning. Will the shake up work out, who knows.?But for the first time in a long time I think he has made the right decisions. Only time will tell.

You guys are such bitches. What did Nix say when he first got here? That he was building through the draft. Good teams build through the draft first, and THEN go out and trade for players. You don't see teams like the Packers going out and dropping multiple high draft picks and a huge contract extension on WRs.

I swear, some of you have 10 second memories. We signed two solid FA starters for our defense.

And those two solid starters are? I hope you aren't counting the guy who flunked two physicals and left the Ravens because he refused surgery they believed was necessary.

You sir have obviously been in a coma... Least exciting.. no way... breath of fresh air with Nix/Gailey, free agent signings that at least make sense on some level, an NFL draft that has Bills fans excited about... 1000 steps in the right direction in my opinion (pending draft outcome)

Clausen would be nice... a new QB to complement a new front office.

we won 6 games last year... I fail to see how we cannot match that this year. We might be switching systems, but we have a much better coaching staff IMO as well as a GM who knows football players

Lets be a little more realistic here, its not nearly as bad as people want to make it out to be, and this upcoming year isnt about rediscovering the glory of the early 90's anyway, its about getting this team back in the right direction and building this team over the next year or two.

1. We won 6 games last year DESPITE completely ATROCIOUS QB play, horrible play calling, horrible game plan, injury plagued young OL, injury depleted D, our best young play maker not playing the first part of the season (Byrd), and playing in a tough division. With a real QB last year we would have been playoff bound, not even a question, despite all the other issues.

2. Mia still has major QB questions...lets hold off annoiting them a power until we see if Henne can make a big step this year. He is promising, but still isnt there yet.

3. The goal for 2010 is not to get us to the SB, but to solidify the holes with some young talent that can develop this team into a real contender over the next couple of years. This year will be used to evaluate and develop our young guys like Hardy, Johnson, Nelson, Brohm, Bell, Maybin, as well as the guys we draft.

4. We need to find out what we have in Brohm (assuming we dont trade for Campbell or Vick, two guys we have speculated interest in apparently) and this is the year to do it assuming he can win the job. We also need to find out what we have in Maybin, Hardy, and Johnson so we know what we need to address in next years draft.

5. Our defense on paper already looks even better than last year.

For me, this team is heading in the right direction with the most important part being the emphasis and commitment to get these guys some playing time. Doesnt do any good to draft guys with lots of upside if we dont let them play and let them develop. I dont hold high expectations this year, but I do look forward to seeing what these guys can finally do in a game.

So all these people crying and mailing it in already for the season, what the heck were you really expecting in 2010? This is a new staff who is coming in and building their foundation, evaluating our young guys, and building through the draft, and I dont see anything wrong with that. I am actually excited to see how they develop over the season.

Very well said :lol:

I'm expecting nine wins, and Gailey and Nix should be fired if they don't get there or better. I agree that the team we already have is in fact a nine win team with one HUGE gaping hole...LT. We should get nine wins with the guys coming back off IR and Wood coming back even with Trent or Fitz at QB. I'm not impressed that N and G have failed to make any significant moves to improve the team to date, but I'll wait until next season. Nine wins or the hell with them.

I'm expecting nine wins, and Gailey and Nix should be fired if they don't get there or better. I agree that the team we already have is in fact a nine win team with one HUGE gaping hole...LT. We should get nine wins with the guys coming back off IR and Wood coming back even with Trent or Fitz at QB. I'm not impressed that N and G have failed to make any significant moves to improve the team to date, but I'll wait until next season. Nine wins or the hell with them.

9 wins in the honeymoon year? (What happened to Super Bowl? :lol: )

Nine wins? Does that mean you are going to hell to watch your favorite team play in the extreme heat? :lol: